Topic locked

Re: The Shanghai Masters Wild Card & Last 32 Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

PLtheRef wrote:From what I heard from Foulds at the end of the match he could have been 4-1 up as well as being 4-1 behind.

cope won frame 1 with a top break of 38
Selby won Frame 2 with top break of 49
cope won frame 3 with a top break of 25
cope won frame 4 with top break of 30
cope won frame 5 with top break of 27
cope closed out the match with a 71

Postby Monique

Here is Mark Selby's press conference http://soundcloud.com/moniquelimbos/sm2012markselbyr1

I have recorded Jamie Cope's as well but he didn't say much, except for the fact that the standard was poor, that he didn't really enjoy it and that at least two frames could easily have gone the other way.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Here is Mark Selby's press conference http://soundcloud.com/moniquelimbos/sm2012markselbyr1

I have recorded Jamie Cope's as well but he didn't say much, except for the fact that the standard was poor, that he didn't really enjoy it and that at least two frames could easily have gone the other way.

yea that sums it up lol

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:What's he said?

Ivy called a free ball then ebdon was arguing for about 5 minute about it but it was obvious a free ball and Ebdon still couldn't see it. im questioning if hes not only colour Blind but BLIND.

Alan McManus ‏@alan_mcmanus

It's a free ball by the proverbial mile.

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:

Ivy called a free ball then ebdon was arguing for about 5 minute about it but it was obvious a free ball and Ebdon still couldn't see it. im questioning if hes not only colour Blind but BLIND.

Most probably neither blind, nor not knowing about the rules… rather trying to get under Mags skin ;-)

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

Most probably neither blind, nor not knowing about the rules… rather trying to get under Mags skin ;-)

must be monique cant believe a player with his experience dont know the rules

Postby Alpha

Monique wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

If that's what he doing, then it's certainly worked.

Postby Wildey

Mark Selby 1-5 Jamie Cope
Stephen Maguire 5-3 Peter Ebdon
Fergal O'Brien 2-5 Chen Feilong
Jimmy Robertson 4-4 Jin Long

mon i need to hear ebdon press conference and i hope journos give him stick

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 18th of September

7.30am

Jimmy Robertson 4-5 Jin Long

12.30pm

Ding Junhui v Mark King TV
Shaun Murphy v Dominic Dale TV
Mark Allen v Lu Haotian
Allister Carter v Robert Milkins

Postby Odrl

Ebdon was in a similar position a couple of years ago, in a match against Ken Doherty. He argued with Verhaas for about 10 minutes, even after Verhaas made sure about the call by using extra reds. It certainly backfired on that occasion, because he was all over the place after that.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild WC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Was awake all night with a sore throat. Called in sick this morning, and am camped up watching with some Strepsils.

Cope pulls ahead. Can he bottle it before my man-flu makes me fall asleep?

wimp :limp:

I made it through and had a bit of a kip. :D At 12.30 I'm gonna watch Murphy vs Dale.

Good thig. rofl Long make feeling rough continue.

Postby hendry_fan

Well,well,well,who would of thought that!!,i bet most would of thought the scoreline would be the other way round!. <laugh>

A low standard match,surprise,surprise!,the way some ramble on these days,every match thats played is of incredible higgggh standard the players rarely lose position,they,re long potting is fantastic,they rarely mess up a safety and every frame is won in 1,2 visits!. <doh> <laugh>

It,s easy to blame the so called higgggghhhh standards these days when a player loses,the reasons more often than not is cause most of the players are just not damn consistent enough!!!!.One match they serve up lobster,duchese potatoes and butter parsnips,the next they come up with scrambled eggs!. :wave:

Well,i did,nt see any of the match so i can,t say if Peter was making a meal of the free ball or not free ball situation,either way he lost in the end did,nt he!. ;-)

Jimmy Robertson 4-5 Jin Long

Are the chinese startin to make a breakthrough!. :-)

Postby hendry_fan

wow,i just saw a crackin black from Dale!!,it was,nt frame ball and he had the frame easy won but still,nice shot.

Now i wonder what Mike hallet would have called that?!,a triplelongcrossdouble!!. <laugh>