randam05 wrote:
Wild WC wrote:Tuesday 10th of July

4am

Shaun Murphy 5-4 Marcus Campbell
Joe Perry 1-5 Marco Fu

Followed By

Allister Carter 2-4 Cao Yupeng
Mark Davis 5-2 Jack Lisowski

i thought Jack Lisowski had a Great Draw to progress in to the Last 16 and Then Mark Davis has had the Run of his life Winning in the 6 red championship and Reaching his very First Ranking Semi final in Wuxi and Almost Made the Final losing 6-5 to Bingham

Ive watched Jack play a few times and hes just like more of a basher than trump but same sort of thing. Just hits the ball way too hard is very wreckless and leaves too many balls on for his opponents. Needs to sort it out, hit the ball more smoothly and with more control.

However thank god Murphy won that match and good to see Fu winning again, shame hes got selby next else I would have liked him to have a very good run.

When hes Good hes Good when hes Bad he just looks Amateurish he does need to tight up a hell of a lot to progress further in his career.

Re: Australian Goldfields Open W Card and Last 32 Discussion

Postby Wildey

Ali Carter after falling out of the top 16 got a reprieve of not having to qualify due to the absentees of some top 16 players but hes failed miserably and not won a single match he will also be in the top 16 seeds for the shanghai masters most proberbly almost definitly with Ronnie`s Exile. we already know players will be missing from the shanghai masters because Gareth Allen a Snooker Island Member said on Twitter that he as a Q School Order Of Merit player will be in the Shanghai Masters Draw.

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:Has the name of the Shanghai entrants been announced yet?

I see Murphy scraped through today, does anybody think he can win another major?

Gareth Allen said on Twitter he had until 6pm last night to confirm he was Entering so my Guess the draw will be made This week.

Postby Skullman

Casey wrote:Has the name of the Shanghai entrants been announced yet?

I see Murphy scraped through today, does anybody think he can win another major?

He made a major final just six months ago. What's stopping him doing it again?

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 10th of July

4am

Shaun Murphy 5-4 Marcus Campbell
Joe Perry 1-5 Marco Fu

Followed By

Allister Carter 3-5 Cao Yupeng
Mark Davis 5-2 Jack Lisowski

Not Before 10.30am

Stuart Bingham 4-5 Matthew Selt
Peter Ebdon 5-4 Michael Holt

Wednesday 11th of July

4am

Ding Junhui v Alan Mcmanus TV Match
Barry Hawkins v Xiao Guodong

Followed By

Mark Selby v Jamie Burnett TV Match
Martin Gould v Ken Doherty

Not Before 10.30am

Shaun Murphy v Tom Ford TV Match
Stephen Lee v Jamie Cope

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:I just got done watching the Ali Carter match. Good match that. :D

did you see it to a finish or did a bunch of cyclist come rushing through bendigo :chin:

Postby Andre147

Very enjoyable performance from Ding, winning 5 nil against McManus. Nice to see him play well again, after some poor results in the last few tournaments, managed to make a century of 113 in frame 4, and another couple of good breaks.

You can never tell with Ding can you... He can quite easily lose first round in a tourney, and then win in the event after it... hope he continues to play well, it is so refreshing watching him when he plays like this. Will have a tough battle against former practice partner Peter Ebdon, should be a good match that.