Topic locked

Re: Australian Goldfields Open W Card and Last 32 Discussion

Postby Dannyboy

snooky147 wrote:Rory McLeod was painful to watch. He was a mass of uncertainty and indecision.

Must've seriously went downhill because when I switched it over at 3-0 (thinking it was all over), he was potting everything on the table. He was entertaining for a change. And Stephen Lee couldn't pot a ball for toffee.

Postby Skullman

Back from school to see no real surprises. Looks like Rory played really well early in the match though. Shame Walden went out early as well, especially to Cope :irk:

On the bright side, I don't school for the rest of the week, so I can sit back and enjoy the tourney now :D

Postby Wildey

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 20,00.html

"Barry Hearn has said that Bendigo have done everything that they have been asked to do. Some of the players have to realise that when we were first going out to China we were actually playing for less prize money than we are here. Since then the tournaments in China have doubled or tripled in prize money. So I think it will just take a little bit of time. Snooker is not the same in Australia as it is in China but it is still a very important market to put snooker on the map. Australia is one of the biggest sporting countries in the world and I think it is really important that we do have a snooker tournament."

Thats a important Fact to remember in 2008 the 4th staging of the China Open the Prize Fund was £250,000 and the Following season 2008 Shanghai Masters was worth £282,000 this season there will be a Tournament in China worth £600,000 and £125,000 to the winner its more than Doubled in 4 years.

The Last Ranking Event in china under the Rod Walker era was the 2009 Shanghai Masters which was Worth £300,000 and £55,000 to the Winner.

The Australian Open Last year was Worth about £280,000 with about £40,000 to the winner where as the First China Open whitch Ding won in 2005 was worth about £200,000 with £30,000 to the winner.

the cash influx in Chinese tournaments since Barry took over has gone up very rapidly and will continue to grow he could do the same with Australia but it will need Patience and Support from Everyone to achieve that.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:My dad made a rookie mistake today. He taped the snooker on Eurosport this morning, but didn't tape the show on after. Stephen Lee had just pulled it back to 3-2, and the recording ended. rofl

Sounded like a good match too. 5-4. :grrr:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:My dad made a rookie mistake today. He taped the snooker on Eurosport this morning, but didn't tape the show on after. Stephen Lee had just pulled it back to 3-2, and the recording ended. rofl

seems the story of your season 4 more chinese rankers to go in which you wont see a conclusion of a match rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Wild WC wrote:

seems the story of your season 4 more chinese rankers to go in which you wont see a conclusion of a match rofl

Knowing Eurosport's track record of only having live play Monday-Friday, I won't see any finals either. :roll:

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 10th of July

4am

Shaun Murphy v Marcus Campbell TV Match
Joe Perry v Marco Fu

Followed By

Allister Carter v Cao Yupeng TV Match
Mark Davis v Jack Lisowski

Not Before 10.30am

Stuart Bingham v Matthew Selt TV Match
Peter Ebdon v Michael Holt

Postby Casey

Skullman wrote:
Casey wrote:This is a big week for Murphy, his career is going down hill badly imo so he could do with a win.

How is it going downhill?

He hasn't won a ranker since 2009 I believe, right in the middle of what should be the peak of his career.

Postby Skullman

Casey wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Casey wrote:This is a big week for Murphy, his career is going down hill badly imo so he could do with a win.

He hasn't won a ranker since 2009 I believe, right in the middle of what should be the peak of his career.

PTC Grand final? Also Maguire hasn't won since 2008. Dott hasn't been in a final for years and only reached one quarter last season.

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Yea its not very Good reading of a career when hes on only 4 Ranking event wins after becoming the second youngest World Champion in 2005.

he has flattered to deceive.

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 10th of July

4am

Shaun Murphy 5-4 Marcus Campbell
Joe Perry 1-5 Marco Fu

Followed By

Allister Carter 2-4 Cao Yupeng
Mark Davis 5-2 Jack Lisowski

i thought Jack Lisowski had a Great Draw to progress in to the Last 16 and Then Mark Davis has had the Run of his life Winning in the 6 red championship and Reaching his very First Ranking Semi final in Wuxi and Almost Made the Final losing 6-5 to Bingham

Postby randam05

Wild WC wrote:Tuesday 10th of July

4am

Joe Perry 1-5 Marco Fu

Followed By

Allister Carter 2-4 Cao Yupeng

i thought Jack Lisowski had a Great Draw to progress in to the Last 16 and Then Mark Davis has had the Run of his life Winning in the 6 red championship and Reaching his very First Ranking Semi final in Wuxi and Almost Made the Final losing 6-5 to Bingham

Ive watched Jack play a few times and hes just like more of a basher than trump but same sort of thing. Just hits the ball way too hard is very wreckless and leaves too many balls on for his opponents. Needs to sort it out, hit the ball more smoothly and with more control.

However thank god Murphy won that match and good to see Fu winning again, shame hes got selby next else I would have liked him to have a very good run.

Postby randam05

Skullman wrote:I don't get Carter. He can't seem to decide whether he's playing tight with no risks, or attacking.

Very good point, I see what you mean :spot on:

I dont think Ill watch Bingham Selt, doesnt sound like the sort of match that interests me in any shape or form <laugh>

Postby kenneth79

Hoping to god Robbo takes this for his home fans.That would be gold for the future of this tournament. I`ve not followed the 6Reds or this much as I`ve been following the Tour de France and Wimbledon but I`ll be back in snooker mode for Shanghai at least.

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 10th of July

4am

Joe Perry 1-5 Marco Fu

Followed By

Allister Carter 3-5 Cao Yupeng

Not Before 10.30am

Stuart Bingham 0-1 Matthew Selt
Peter Ebdon 1-1 Michael Holt