Post a reply

Re: Australian Goldfields Open Main Draw !!

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:So we finally find out the seven top16 players who didn't enter: Ronnie, Higgins, Dott, Mags, Trump, MJW and Allen.

Trump goes All the way to Vegas Spends a Fortune on Ryan Summers and cant be fussed going to Australia for a few Bob.

Postby Skullman

Wild WC wrote:
Skullman wrote:So we finally find out the seven top16 players who didn't enter: Ronnie, Higgins, Dott, Mags, Trump, MJW and Allen.

Trump goes All the way to Vegas Spends a Fortune on Ryan Summers and cant be fussed going to Australia for a few Bob.

:limp:

Let's face it Trump couldn't really be fussed until the UK last season. I think he's only going to China because it pays more and he might put in the same amount of effort he put in early last season. MJW, Higgins and Ronnie weren't a big surprise. Allen isn't keen on travel. Wasn't expecting Dott and Maguire.

Postby Alpha

Skullman wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

:limp:

Let's face it Trump couldn't really be fussed until the UK last season. I think he's only going to China because it pays more and he might put in the same amount of effort he put in early last season. MJW, Higgins and Ronnie weren't a big surprise. Allen isn't keen on travel. Wasn't expecting Dott and Maguire.

Don't quite know why the international playboi isn't going. Maguire and Dott would probably rather spend time with their families then sit on a plane for 24 hours to go to an event they will probably lose money on. Dott pulled out last year.

Postby Wildey

if players go or not dont bother me really who can step it up or will Selby or Murphy add to their Ranking Haul.

Postby Casey

Wild WC wrote:if players go or not dont bother me really who can step it up or will Selby or Murphy add to their Ranking Haul.

Robo and Ding might have something to say about that.

Postby Witz78

Casey wrote:
Wild WC wrote:if players go or not dont bother me really who can step it up or will Selby or Murphy add to their Ranking Haul.

<ok>

yeh Jono has a track record of winning tinpot events no-one else can be bothered playing in :gag:

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:
Casey wrote:

<ok>

yeh Jono has a track record of winning tinpot events no-one else can be bothered playing in :gag:

WC? Masters?

Postby Witz78

Skullman wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Casey wrote:

<ok>

WC? Masters?

they were the events he has a track record of winning thanks to joke draws <ok>

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:

yes theres plenty of quality there then you Got Lisowski if he gets through his one Qualifier he has Mark Davis in the Last 32 so big chance for him.

and Luca has Lawler>Joyce>Greene>Fu and Perry in Bendigo thats a pretty good draw and a big chance for him

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Casey wrote:

<ok>

WC? Masters?

they were the events he has a track record of winning thanks to joke draws <ok>

So Allen and Trump are joke opponents? :shrug: Fine with me.

Postby Witz78

7 top 16 seeds pulled out

so they could have let the 9 seeds who want to play go

and have 23 qualifying places up for grabs instead of 16

ROUND 1
88-99 seeds plus top 11 Q School players -V- 65-87 seeds

ROUND 2
-round 1 winners -V- 41-64 seeds (Jogia not included)

ROUND 3
- round 2 winners -V- 17-40 seeds (Hendry not included)

THIS WAY players have to earn their place at venue, not be given it cos others have pulled out

also means most number of games for qualifiers is a maximum of 3, not 4

Postby Wildey

MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:Glad Selby is going, told me last week he was considering pulling out...

told you ??

<laugh>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:Glad Selby is going, told me last week he was considering pulling out...

was he talking about Australia or his manager :limp:

rofl rofl rofl

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:

was he talking about Australia or his manager :limp:

neither he was talking about MSNO1Fan

Postby Wildey

Last 32 Draw

Stuart Bingham v Matthew Selt
Andrew Higginson v Ryan Day
Barry Hawkins v Xiao Guodong
Matthew Stevens v Liang Wenbo
Martin Gould v Ken Doherty
Allister Carter v Cao Yupeng/James Mifsud/Johl Younger
Mark Davis v Jack Lisowski
Neil Robertson v Nigel Bond
---------------------------------------------------------
Shaun Murphy v Marcus Campbell
Dominic Dale v Tom Ford
Peter Ebdon v Michael Holt
Ding Junhui v Alan Mcmanus/James Mifsud/Johl Younger
Stephen Lee v Rory McLeod
Ricky Walden v Jamie Cope
Joe Perry v Marco Fu
Mark Selby v Jamie Burnett

Postby Witz78

is that top quarter of the draw the poorest ever quarter of a draw at a ranker ever??

infact the top half is the weakest ever, they couldnt have hand picked and easier half of the draw for Robbo if theyd tried (nothing new there though)

farcial actually how unbalanced the draw is, had to be a fix surely, no offence.

Chance for my main man XIAO to go on a food run and hopefully Lisowski can do something too

something tells me Ebdon is going to do well in this

Postby Roland

I fancy Bingham, Day and the two Chinese to progress from the first section. Hopefully Gouldy will find some form and I would love it if Cao beat Carter. Robbo obvious favourite for top half.

Still don't know what's happening with Selby's neck, hopefully it's better but that remains to be seen. Whatever, if he's fit the bottom half should be between him, Ding and Murphy. If you take those 3 out and Carter/Robbo from the top, I would say the bottom half is the weaker section.