Post a reply

Re: The Final : Ronnie O'Sullivan v Barry Hawkins

Postby hendry_fan

Well done Ronnie on winnin your 5th world title!. :clap:

I find it very amusing when certain followers,fans,others in general like to harp on how <easy> Hendry had it in the 90,s.
If anyones had it <easy> then it,s been Ronnie who,s had/havin it easy,in fact one could say that abouit the other players too.

He had a dire Campbell to start with,then he played Carter,a player who almost always plays mediocre to rubbish against Ronnie,a player who,s never ever beaten him,talk about havin byes.

Then he had an out of sorts Bingham,which was followed by a over-par,rubbish Trump!.

A Wonderful super high standard i must say.

Anyone with even only have an ounce of a brain knows that the standard has been very weak for a good while now and that most of Ronnies oponnents have played very mediocre to rubbish against him,so don,t give us the bulls**t that Ronnies had it tough and that the standards are so high these days,he,s been extremely lucky!.

Dont get me wrong,Ronnie has played very good snooker in this worlds and is above the rest of the crop and deserved to win,but as we all know he was,nt put under much pressure at all and it,s not as if his opponenents didn,t get any chances,they all had there share but as usual can,t make the most of them.

It,s intrestin to note that when Ronnie plays,there,s always a lot of talk how well Ronnie played,how his opponents played against him is concerned,well thats rarely noted,if it was Hendry,then it,d get put down to there bein no or weak competition.
Or it,s often the case when others players win,they often get praised for how good,great they played,you rarely hear that they won cause the opponent(s) played weak though.

Many players of the 90,s could compete and cope with the current crop,to call the 90,s a weak era is just pure ignorance and a desperate clutch at the straws,but yeah,the BBC will do anything to favour Ronnie.

I,ve said it before and i,ll say it again,there were high standard matches throughout the 90,s just like in the 00,s to try and label those decades weak or weaker is absolutely insane!.

The way some commentators and some other dumplings ramble on,it,s as if all the players clear up in one visit,knock in break after break,rarely lose position,in fact,that they hardly miss a pot theeesse days!!,yeah right,the standards so hiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh these days.Talk about hypeing up. <doh>

Ronnie came absolutely fresh into this tourney,and as Carter said,he,s been practising just like everyone else,so it,s no surprise that he,s produced.

I even said a few months before this Worlds tourney started that i bet that Ronnies been watchin the odd match here and there throughout the season and that he,s probably been laughing his ass off and thought,jeez,i,m still good enough to compete with the inconsistency of the current crop,the standards beens very low,thanks to the BBC though for trying to fool some in saying "the standards so high these days"!.

I also find it laughable when most of the players try and blame there loses on the high standards,hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa,yeah,great excuse,the truth is,it,s not cause the standards are so higgggghhh theeeeesssse dayyyyys,it,s cause they,re not bl**dy consistent enough.

Ronnie really does now have a chance to be regarded as the greatest ever snooker player,but he,s still got a good few centuries to make and he,s got at least another few titles as well as 2 world titles to win to be regarded that.

<ok> Well done Ronnie on winnin your 5th Worlds,your way ahead of the rest,just like Hendry was in the 90,s!.

I will be the first to take my hat off to Ronnie and call him the greatest ever snooker player,if he pulls it off and wins at least 7 world titles.

Hendrys world titles as well as his many other records should be fully appreciated and respected just like Ronnies world titles,centurys,records should be and should not be devalued,belittled or put down to havin it easy.

Strange when other players win a tourney or play well,it rarely gets mentioned how easy they had it or how rubbish,weak there opponents were/played,one could simply put it down to that.

Any player who has won so much as Hendry and Ronnie has deserves full credit,it,s no coincidence that these 2 have got so many centuries,won so much,that they hold many records,they were/are both simply way above the rest,Davis,Higgins,Williams also belong to "The Greats" but even they are not in the same league as Hendry and Ronnie are.

One last note for the moment,i,d like to say something regarding the touerneys these days,don,t get me wrong,it,s brilliant that there are so many tourneys these days,but i personaly think there are too much.

Hearn has gone from one extreme to the other,before players were twiddlin there thumbs,were bored out of there skulls cause they were so few tourneys,the problem i feel now though is that its gone to the opposite extreme,some players will feel burnt out,tired,stressed cause there,s just too many tourneys,no top professional snooker player should be put under stress.

Postby GJ

The Cueist wrote:Strewth,He does get a bit apaplectic and anal does he nt.

Glad that you dont let hatred get tne better of you
Hendo.

old hendo fan is good for a laugh

<ok> <laugh>

Postby mantorok

GJ wrote:
The Cueist wrote:Strewth,He does get a bit apaplectic and anal does he nt.

Glad that you dont let hatred get tne better of you
Hendo.

old hendo fan is good for a laugh

<ok> <laugh>

Between him and VodkaDiet this place is always a laugh!

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:
Wildey wrote:why

because your mate ron wont like to do some traveling?

awwwwww didms

In which rule book does it say you have to 'travel the world' to be considered a proper World Champion? Winning the World Title is the toughest test in snooker and every winner deserves the right to be called World Champion regardless of how many air miles they have clocked up.

Any rule changes regarding eligibility will quite rightly be laughed out of town, as well.

i wouldn't be sure of that the Sport wants a World Champion who ever he is to play in Tournaments i can easily see Barry Hearn changing things if Ronnie is not going to do that.

Postby Alpha

A true World Champion goes around the world promoting the game wherever he can, he doesn't take his ball and go home for 11 months.
As to whether this is a weak era or not, I'll say this: there is a reason why 55 year old Steve Davis and 51 year old Jimmy White are still playing professionally.....

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:
Wildey wrote:i wouldn't be sure of that the Sport wants a World Champion who ever he is to play in Tournaments i can easily see Barry Hearn changing things if Ronnie is not going to do that.

Are you talking about the same Barry Hearn who begged Ronnie to come back in the first place? Yeah, good luck hoping for that.

that wont be happening again if ronnie takes the snake hiss believe me instead of begging letters Barry will be sending him his p45 more like.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:that wont be happening again if ronnie takes the snake hiss believe me instead of begging letters Barry will be sending him his p45 more like.

I hope so. If he takes a hard-line approach, he can't play favourites.

He probably will though.

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:
Wildey wrote:that wont be happening again if ronnie takes the snake hiss believe me instead of begging letters Barry will be sending him his p45 more like.

Hearn will go back, cap in hand, to Ronnie when he realises the likes of Selby and Robertson are not cutting it as figureheads of the sport. <ok>

you really dont know Barry very well do you.

Postby vodkadiet

Jewell wrote:

Hearn will go back, cap in hand, to Ronnie when he realises the likes of Selby and Robertson are not cutting it as figureheads of the sport. <ok>

Hearn and Ferguson will go to the O'Sullivan house, begging him to play whilst on their knees. O'Sullivan will say "Okay, but on one condition, you pay me appearance fees for every match I play".

"Yes Ronnie, whatever you say Ronnie", Hearn will say whilst smiling with tears in his eyes.

Snooker is a joke.