Post a reply

Re: The Final : Ronnie O'Sullivan v Barry Hawkins

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Sonny wrote:After initially slagging the "silly PTCs" it seems he now gets them and loves them so obviously expect him to play in the minimum to reach the finals then play in the finals. Then he should play the big events in November - International, Champion of Champions, UK then the Masters, German and the Worlds and hey presto he can skip the rest and have played in enough to keep everyone happy.

I would be please with that :hatoff:

Same here. <ok>

Postby GJ

How long before does a player have to enter say welsh and world open

As i think if a big name has had a strong first half of season theres value in skipping the 2 above and resting up and then playing china open and worlds

Postby AC or LT?

GJ wrote:How long before does a player have to enter say welsh and world open

As i think if a big name has had a strong first half of season theres value in skipping the 2 above and resting up and then playing china open and worlds

If your goal is to be World Champion then the China Open is the one to skip in favour of a hard practice routine for a couple of weeks from the end of the Championship League.

Postby GJ

AC or LT? wrote:

If your goal is to be World Champion then the China Open is the one to skip in favour of a hard practice routine for a couple of weeks from the end of the Championship League.

true fair point <ok>

Postby GJ

Jewell wrote:GJ

Do you think Robbo should skip the China Open next season?

It's either defend his title or skip it in favour of preparing properly for the WC. Tough choice.

i would say prepare properly for worlds TBH and skip china

the majors are what defines the greats <ok> <cool>

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:
Jewell wrote:GJ

Do you think Robbo should skip the China Open next season?

It's either defend his title or skip it in favour of preparing properly for the WC. Tough choice.

i would say prepare properly for worlds TBH and skip china

the majors are what defines the greats <ok> <cool>

I don't know, a defending champion should at least make a token defence.

Postby GJ

robbos main goals next season should be

aussie open
uk
masters
worlds

if he can win 2 of those 4 a good season IMO

Postby vodkadiet

Listen to yourselves. Concerning yourselves over what that scumbag piece of sh'te may or may not be playing in next year.

However good Mardy Arrogant Big Nose is at the game played with balls and sticks, isn't the fact that he is pure scum enough for you to just switch off the television when he is parading around like a spoilt brat?

Before you answer that with haste, have a long look at the quality of person you are concerning yourself over. He would give none of you the time of day. He is a selfish, self obsessed, attention seeking money hussy, surrounded by 'hangers on' who want to live their lives through this piece of trash.

I have seen everything I need to see of this chavvy retard on and off the table, and I no longer wish to see any more. I will only tune in to watch him when he is on the brink of the defeat at The Crucible.

I have diluted my words here. My actual opinion of him isn't printable.

If you don't know what I have had to say then you can f*ck off as well!
Last edited by vodkadiet on 06 May 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Skullman

I definitely think that entry dates for events should be brought forward. Wasn't the deadline for everything bar the Worlds in August or something ridiculous like that? Players might want to play it by ear. Maybe they're having a bad run and want to sort things out in practise first or have a have a good run early on and skip some later events, like you said.

Postby GJ

i would love him to get aussie open title as i fear this could be the last one as so many skip it and its last year of contract for it

:-(

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:

I definitely think that entry dates for events should be brought forward. Wasn't the deadline for everything bar the Worlds in August or something ridiculous like that? Players might want to play it by ear. Maybe they're having a bad run and want to sort things out in practise first or have a have a good run early on and skip some later events, like you said.

tennis the deadline is 6 weeks before an event sounds fair <ok>

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:i would love him to get aussie open title as i fear this could be the last one as so many skip it and its last year of contract for it

:-(

Agree. Shame because I thought the first one was pretty good as well. It'll be the only event where I'll root for Robbo over Selby (if Mark enters) because it'll be good for Aussie snooker.

Postby Skullman

vodkadiet wrote:Listen to yourselves. Concerning yourselves over what that scumbag piece of sh'te may or may not be playing in next year.

However good Mardy Arrogant Big Nose is at the game with played with balls and sticks, isn't the fact that he is pure scum enough for you to just switch off the television when he is parading around like a spoilt brat?

Before you answer that with haste, have a long look at the quality of person you are concerning yourself over. He would give none of you the time of day. He is a selfish, self obsessed, attention seeking money hussy, surrounded by 'hangers on' who want to live their lives through this piece of trash.

I have seen everything I need to see of this chavvy retard on and off the table, and I no longer wish to see any more. I will only tune in to watch him when he is on the brink of the defeat at The Crucible.

He may be a hammer, but pure scum is taking it a bit far. He's better than half the people on the BBC by default as he hasn't inappropriately touched children.

Postby GJ

i know the tax issue is a pain but i hope somehow barry can sort it so it stays in calendar

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:i know the tax issue is a pain but i hope somehow barry can sort it so it stays in calendar

Maybe the solution is to make it a well paid invitational event? Then as many players aren't out of pocket and you're guaranteed some quality players who are paid enough to be there.

Be a shame if Australia had no live snooker at all considering some great players came from there.

Postby GJ

good one jewell you mean robson as in the brit tennis player

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Postby vodkadiet

Skullman wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Listen to yourselves. Concerning yourselves over what that scumbag piece of sh'te may or may not be playing in next year.

However good Mardy Arrogant Big Nose is at the game with played with balls and sticks, isn't the fact that he is pure scum enough for you to just switch off the television when he is parading around like a spoilt brat?

Before you answer that with haste, have a long look at the quality of person you are concerning yourself over. He would give none of you the time of day. He is a selfish, self obsessed, attention seeking money lovely lady, surrounded by 'hangers on' who want to live their lives through this piece of trash.

He may be a big cat, but pure scum is taking it a bit far. He's better than half the people on the BBC by default as he hasn't inappropriately touched children.

Jimmy Tarbuck has just been linked to an attack on a boy in the 70s by the way...

Postby GJ

Witz

Did U see carter slating Murphy earlier on twitter
Last edited by GJ on 07 May 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby vodkadiet

Jewell wrote:Vodka, get some meat in your diet, mate. <ok> I think that maybe the reason why you always seem so angry.

I would rather eat my own vomit...

I am okay. I am not angry except for the fact that my licence fee is going towards paying the likes of Taylor, Davis, and Parrott.

Postby vodkadiet

Jewell wrote:
Vodkadiet wrote:I would rather eat my own vomit...

I am okay. I am not angry except for the fact that my licence fee is going towards paying the likes of Taylor, Davis, and Parrott.

Haha, yes. That is something we all have to stomach, I'm afraid. They really aren't very good, are they.

BBC <doh>

They talk as people have no idea about snooker, and have to keep selling it all the time as if the plug might be pulled at any time.

Taylor: Obsessed with golf and wants the world to know about it, and still talks about O'Sullivan playing left handed as it is the first time it has ever been seen.

Parrott: Master of exaggeration when it comes to talking about O'Sullivan

Davis: Still bitter at Hendry taking his records and desperate to keep building up O'Sullivan at every opportunity.

The result, viewing ruined.

Postby SnookerFan

As previously mentioned on this thread, last night I came across my 2012 World Championship programme. I flicked through it, I cam across this ditty in the quote section.

"I don't think there's any question of burn out. I'm only 28 and it's not like I'm working down a mine."

Shaun Murphy

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:
They talk as people have no idea about snooker, and have to keep selling it all the time as if the plug might be pulled at any time.

Taylor: Obsessed with golf and wants the world to know about it, and still talks about O'Sullivan playing left handed as it is the first time it has ever been seen.

Parrott: Master of exaggeration when it comes to talking about O'Sullivan

Davis: Still bitter at Hendry taking his records and desperate to keep building up O'Sullivan at every opportunity.

The result, viewing ruined.

Bring back Clive. :hatoff:

Postby Alpha

Pretty blah tournament again this year, the other top players have not performed, and personally without O'Sullivan this year's would probably be the least memorable tournament ever.
Hope Hawkins sustains this form, great player, seems like a good guy, all credit.

Postby snooker_loopy

Fantastic achievement by the Rocket. I reckon John Higgins - at his best - would be the one player to have challenged him for the title but Higgins played awful.

If O'Sullivan continues to play he may break some more of Stephen Hendry's records. I think that's the real incentive for Ronnie to continue. Ronnie would love to win seven or even eight WCs. I'm sure he'll continue making comments to threaten to quit - that's part of his personality DNA (!) - but, thankfully, his contradictory personality doesn't impair his snooker skills. He won this year's tournament so easily. It's a bit worrying just how easily he won it. The other players must be thinking "how the heck do we beat this guy?!" I wish them good luck trying to find out how. :-)

Postby Casey

I think a lot of players from the bottom half will feel this was a chance wasted.
Ronnie deserved the title, he was the best over the 17 days.

However, I wish the BBC would stop trying to force this standard nonsense down our throats. The standard is the best there has ever been??...not at the top of the game anyway. If it was and the players at the top were so strong, then they wouldn’t lose to journeymen in their 30’s & 40’s.

Higgins and Ronnie past their mid 30’s have won 6 out of the last 7 World titles, I understand they are exceptional players but where are the rest?
I really thought Ding or Trump would lift the title this year but both chocked when it mattered.

Now Ronnie is free once again to dictate his terms and more tournaments than not will be missing the World Champion.