Post a reply

Re: The Final : Ronnie O'Sullivan v Barry Hawkins

Postby The Cueist

Hawkins is a humble guy and likable as a person,I dont think he has the focus to beat Ronnie.

As Muppet says he could play his C game and still win by ten frames.

Optimistic i am not where Barry Hawkins is concerned.

He was lucky Walden lost his marbles in the final session.

Postby Muppet147

GJ wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
GJ wrote:I hope all the hawkins bashers will have the manners to congratulate him on his world title come mon night

<ok>

I am not a Hawkins basher, you silly Australian turd. I simply know that O'Sullivan will be much too good for him.

your mate jewell will have a robbo avatar come TUES with robbo is the GOAT

:hatoff: :clap:

Why would he have an avatar saying something that isn't true? Ronnie will have won five times as many world titles as Robbo come Monday.

Postby GJ

Muppet147 wrote:
GJ wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
GJ wrote:I hope all the hawkins bashers will have the manners to congratulate him on his world title come mon night

<ok>

I am not a Hawkins basher, you silly Australian turd. I simply know that O'Sullivan will be much too good for him.

your mate jewell will have a robbo avatar come TUES with robbo is the GOAT

:hatoff: :clap:

Why would he have an avatar saying something that isn't true? Ronnie will have won five times as many world titles as Robbo come Monday.

he says barry wont get more than 9 frames when hes wrong thats the forfeit

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Actually it's a bit unfair Barry got this amazing trophy while Walden got this "thing"

he did that himself in pottery class <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Would Ronnie Winning a World Title be a Hollow victory?

isn't a World Champion suppose to travel further than Sheffield to prove that hes the best on the road having had all the scars during a long and tiring season.

Postby vodkadiet

I won't be watching the final this year. I cannot stomach seeing wankface lift the title again with all his chavvy fans cheering, or listening to that golfing fatface masturbating over every left handed shot, or that cheating scouser praising every shot that Chigwell retard makes, or hearing Steve 'Bitter because my records were broken' Davis saying 'this is the best snooker ever after every frame.

Stick all your gimmicks Hearn. Keep bringing in the A.D.D. spectators, and stick your coverage BBC and your dinosaur commentators.

Postby GJ

Wild WC wrote:Would Ronnie Winning a World Title be a Hollow victory?

isn't a World Champion suppose to travel further than Sheffield to prove that hes the best on the road having had all the scars during a long and tiring season.

I asked a question earlier if he had played and been to business end of most events like selby would ronnie have cruised to the final

SILENCE to it :wave:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

vodkadiet wrote:I won't be watching the final this year. I cannot stomach seeing wankface lift the title again with all his chavvy fans cheering, or listening to that golfing fatface masturbating over every left handed shot, or that cheating scouser praising every shot that Chigwell retard makes, or hearing Steve 'Bitter because my records were broken' Davis saying 'this is the best snooker ever after every frame.

Stick all your gimmicks Hearn. Keep bringing in the A.D.D. spectators, and stick your coverage BBC and your dinosaur commentators.

Hilarious :-D

But you forget Hazel who will ask after every frame if this is the best ever Ronnie we saw today.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

GJ wrote:

I asked a question earlier if he had played and been to business end of most events like selby would ronnie have cruised to the final

still working on my reply :wave:

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:

Probably. Campbell, Carter and Bingo were never going to beat him. Judd may bottled it as well, but if he had a few wins over ROS over the season, he might have got confidence from it, which is the only reason why I'm saying probably. Plus he was never going to enter all the Chinese events, so wouldn't be as tired as Selby and Robbo.

Postby Witz78

Assuming Ronnie does go on and win the World title, then the rest of the tour have to take a long hard look at themselves.

Looking for 10-6 minimum tomorrow though ideally 11-5 or 12-4 and lights out !!

Postby vodkadiet

GJ wrote:

Probably not. He would be burnt out and would have collapsed on The Crucible floor in 8th frame of his match with the profusely sweating Marcus Campbell, and been taken out on a stretcher.

Postby vodkadiet

AC or LT? wrote:If Ronnie's so little kittens playing good as the fluffy bunnies hype around him he should make 16 maximum breaks tomorrow. Any less and we can class him as an overrated tosser who had an easy route to the final.

Not one century against Trump. Speaks volumes. :hatoff:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Witz78 wrote:Assuming Ronnie does go on and win the World title, then the rest of the tour have to take a long hard look at themselves.

Also all the other players will all say: he's just too good, nothing you can about it. And Ronnie will be even tougher to beat next season.

Postby DavieMac

Ronnie No. 5

The rest of the top 10 need to have a look at themselves. Ron can come in after not playing the season and almost cruise to the title. Doesnt say much for them. Time they woke up.

Credit to Bazza though, great player and great guy.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Assuming Ronnie does go on and win the World title, then the rest of the tour have to take a long hard look at themselves.

Also all the other players will all say: he's just too good, nothing you can about it. And Ronnie will be even tougher to beat next season.

And that's why most of them aren't World Champions. Like I said before, Davis and Hendry would never had thought 'He's too good, nothing you can do about it' about any opponent. They would practise their balls off and learn everything they could about that player's game style and beat them.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

And that's why most of them aren't World Champions. Like I said before, Davis and Hendry would never had thought 'He's too good, nothing you can do about it' about any opponent. They would practise their balls off and learn everything they could about that player's game style and beat them.

Davis and Hendry are special. 2 of the greatest players of all time. The current generation doesn't have a Hendry or Davis, at least not yet. I thought Ding would become one but he disappointed me beyond believe in the last couple of years.

Postby vodkadiet

Witz78 wrote:Vodka,

thought youd be supporting Ronnie now that its confirmed that your fellow vegan Ebdon will be in his corner tomorrow alongside Sir Damien Hirst and Ronnie Senior ?

Vegans don't stick together at all costs. :-)

O'Sullivan and Ebdon have a strange relationship. I don't really understand what Ebdon can offer O'Sullivan, apart from organic carrot juice! It is not as though O'Sullivan needs Ebdon's advice on how to beat Hawkins. Hawkins nearly always beats Ebdon!

Postby gallantrabbit

vodkadiet wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:If Ronnie's so little kittens playing good as the fluffy bunnies hype around him he should make 16 maximum breaks tomorrow. Any less and we can class him as an overrated tosser who had an easy route to the final.

Not one century against Trump. Speaks volumes. :hatoff:

Centuries are pretty much irrelevant. I don`t think he had a century against Dott in 2003 but he was sublime.

Postby Witz78

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

There are 17 frames to be played tomorrow

Im old school, not keen on this change to the format <ok>

Postby gallantrabbit

Of course O`sullivan is overwhelming favourite. The one thing in Hawkins`s favour is that he does seem to have adapted himself to each opponent as he`s gone. Maybe Ding didn`t play that great, but Ding sscares the rubbish out of most plaayers enough to have a decent psychological start. Not so Barry. Certainly Barry can`t wait till the 3rd session to start scoring like he did againsst Walden, but hopefully he`ll be zoned in from the start. For whoever said before it`s not a joke final. It`s a match between the two players who have played the best these last 115 days. Not sure anyone could argue about that.