Post a reply

Re: Semi Final 2 Ricky Walden v Barry Hawkins

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Skullman wrote:4-2. Another ton from Ricky. When he wins frames he does it fairly easily.

Ricky is a talented player and a match for most.

Plus he beat ROS in a final when he trying to win three tournaments in a row. And you can't say the draw opened up for him that week either.

Ronnie and Ricky has played twice

2006 UK Last 32 Ronnie won 9-8
2008 Shanghai Final Ricky won 10-8

Postby GJ

FLUKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Postby GJ

wild

I may be wrong but i have a memory of uk match for some reason and i think walden had a decent lead

Postby Alex0paul

GJ wrote:wild

I may be wrong but i have a memory of uk match for some reason and i think walden had a decent lead

It wasn't Televised but apparently Walden had a massive kick on a match ball brown at 8-7 if my memory serves me correct

Postby Alex0paul

Great start for Walden. Can't see Hawkins playing well enough to win a session 6-2 or 7-1 so he should have enough of a lead already to see him through.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Great start for Walden. Can't see Hawkins playing well enough to win a session 6-2 or 7-1 so he should have enough of a lead already to see him through.

two 5-3 session wins would make it 12-12 going in to the final session....Barry is good enough to do that.

Postby Witz78

well that was terrible it has to be said

not enjoyable at all watching that, 2 players struggling badly.

theres drama and excitment then theres just pure mediocrity and that wasnt befetting of a World semi.

The winner of the other semi will wipe the floor with either of these

Postby Muppet147

Witz78 wrote:well that was terrible it has to be said

theres drama and excitment then theres just pure mediocrity and that wasnt befetting of a World semi.

I thought Walden played pretty well. But I agree he will be thrashed in the final.

Postby Witz78

He would have won 2 frames max against Ronnie or Judd playing like that

he was the best of a bad bunch but he missed tons of fairly easy chances too and was lucky Hawkins had a nightmare session, he really ought to have won that session 7-1 or 8-0 there tbh

Postby SnookerFan

Hawkins looked scared, it has to be said. I think the occasion was getting to him.

Hopefully tomorrow's session will be better. I was pretty stoked for this match, but it was pretty disappointing.

Postby Andre147

I'm pretty sure the standard in this match will improve, as you could clearly see both players were nervous, especially Hawkins.

Mind you, Walden did have some good breaks, making 2 tons, whereas the other semi still hasn't one, so it wasn't by any means a bad session.

That was enjoyable nonetheless, as it's not all about potting, but seeing how 2 players who have never been to a world semi 1 table setup cope with the pressure, and the result 6-2 for Walden shows it was him who did cope better.

Hawkins will have to start well, but Ricky does tend to have a bit of a collapse when he has been having big leads in this year's worlds, so hopefully that will be Hawkins chance to counterattack.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:I'm pretty sure the standard in this match will improve, as you could clearly see both players were nervous, especially Hawkins.

Mind you, Walden did have some good breaks, making 2 tons, whereas the other semi still hasn't one, so it wasn't by any means a bad session.

That was enjoyable nonetheless, as it's not all about potting, but seeing how 2 players who have never been to a world semi 1 table setup cope with the pressure, and the result 6-2 for Walden shows it was him who did cope better.

Hawkins will have to start well, but Ricky does tend to have a bit of a collapse when he has been having big leads in this year's worlds, so hopefully that will be Hawkins chance to counterattack.

You must remember what a big occasion it is for both players. Playing in a Crucible final would be massive for both of them. It's hardly surprising there are nerves there.

I'd like to see it run close. Close games + big occasion nerves tends to mean drama in the last session.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:well that was terrible it has to be said

i keep hearing this not befitting of a World Semi or a World Final and i keep saying in my mind Shut up you old tart.

at the end of the day its 2 players trying to win a match people have got too much expectations regarding the World Championship.

Postby Roland

Walden has played well all tournament and had 3 breaks higher than any Ronnie or Judd made today. He deserves his 6-2 lead.