Post a reply

Re: Semi Final 1 Ronnie O'Sullivan v Judd Trump

Postby GJ

Exhibition between Dennis Taylor and Stephen Hendry about to start

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:Was Steve working for the BBC when Hendry won his last world title?

He was yes :roll:[/quote]

And what were his comments when he won it?[/quote]

I hadn't started watching snooker at that time so can't tell :|[/quote]

But you can see the point I'm making?

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Was Steve working for the BBC when Hendry won his last world title?

He was yes :roll:

And what were his comments when he won it?[/quote]

I hadn't started watching snooker at that time so can't tell :|[/quote]

But you can see the point I'm making?[/quote]

Of course, I reckon at that time he would class Stephen as the greatest ever cause he surpassed his titles but I guess there would be a bit of sarcasm in his words for obvious reasons.. <laugh> no one likes to see their records broken, even if that's the true purpose of them.

Postby Andre147

Jewell wrote:Davis started working as a pundit for the BBC in the 2000/01 season, so no he wasn't working for the BBC when Hendry won his last title.

GJ talking rubbish as usual. <doh>

Honestly thought he was working for the beeb when Hendry won his last.. but then again since I only started watching snooker a bit later couldn't know exactly.

Postby vodkadiet

Jewell wrote:Davis started working as a pundit for the BBC in the 2000/01 season, so no he wasn't working for the BBC when Hendry won his last title.

GJ talking rubbish as usual. <doh>

He has been watching O'Sullivan talk a lot. It must be catching.

Postby vodkadiet

Jewell wrote:Hendry playing one of his peers from his era of dominance. rofl

O'Sullivan is playing again? He has only just finished smashing up 'The Bristol Mental Midget'.

Postby vodkadiet

AC or LT? wrote:They shoved an exhibition on again then. They might have to do it for the final as well.

Yes. Monday afternoon from 4pm, and again from 8pm.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:They shoved an exhibition on again then. They might have to do it for the final as well.

Get Ebdon to do it. It'll take him from 4pm to midnight to play a best of 11.

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

Get Ebdon to do it. It'll take him from 4pm to midnight to play a best of 11.

But there's no guarantee it'll be a whitewash...

Postby SnookerFan

Jewell wrote:
<doh>

Are you Mystic Meg or something?

How do you know what Davis would or wouldn't have said back when Hendry was winning titles?

Davis wasn't even working for the BBC then.

No, but in the early 1990s, Davis' dominance had ben usurped by young Hendry. Davis hated it at the time.

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
Jewell wrote:
<doh>

Are you Mystic Meg or something?

How do you know what Davis would or wouldn't have said back when Hendry was winning titles?

Davis wasn't even working for the BBC then.

No, but in the early 1990s, Davis' dominance had ben usurped by young Hendry. Davis hated it at the time.

SF <ok>

dan <doh>

Postby DavieMac

vodkadiet wrote:
Jewell wrote:Hendry playing one of his peers from his era of dominance. rofl

O'Sullivan is playing again? He has only just finished smashing up 'The Bristol Mental Midget'.

:clap:

Postby Andy Spark

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Should Ronnie win a another world title on Monday, he has a good chance of becoming the most successful Crucible player of this decade as well.

Yes, and (assuming he wins the final!) I think he will play again also. Once he's calmed down and has got out of the pressure cooker environment of the Crucible I think he'll see things differently, change his mind and come back next year. :-D

Postby DavieMac

Andy Spark wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Should Ronnie win a another world title on Monday, he has a good chance of becoming the most successful Crucible player of this decade as well.

Yes, and (assuming he wins the final!) I think he will play again also. Once he's calmed down and has got out of the pressure cooker environment of the Crucible I think he'll see things differently, change his mind and come back next year. :-D

I am pretty sure his mind was already made up about being here next year. Was never in doubt.

Postby vodkadiet

DavieMac wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:

I am pretty sure his mind was already made up about being here next year. Was never in doubt.

Of course he will play. Unless he is dead he will be there. Infact if was told he had 6 months left to live he would still be there.