Post a reply

Re: Semi Final 1 Ronnie O'Sullivan v Judd Trump

Postby GJ

Trump is no where near in ronnies class hes a wanabe plain and simple

Postby Muppet147

GJ wrote:Trump is no where near in ronnies class hes a wanabe plain and simple

I don't think anyone is in Ronnie's class but in terms of fast attacking snooker, Trump isn't too far behind O'Sullivan.

Not sure though that he has much of a B game when things aren't going well for him.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Going to the first session of this tomorrow.

Ronnie will probably win the match, but I'm really hoping for a Judd win, he will be up for this, he is only playing one session in the morning, so it might turn out alright for him.

O'Sullivan though, impressed me against Carter, but against Bingham despite hitting loads of big breaks, didn't really impress me, Bingham gave him too many easy chances, which led to Ronnie clearing the table, but he missed some balls towards the end of the match today, so who knows.

Should be a cracker though.

Postby Witz78

Muppet147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Saying that, I think I'd prefer a Trump win rather than a Ronnie win.

This takes me back to the Grand Prix in 2008 when Judd first announced himself by beating Ronnie. Been a while, aint it? :-D

No surprise there. You have always been jealous of Ronnie's talent and success. I don't mind who wins but it will be satisfying if you are left disappointed, you CAUC.

:clap: Muppet :bowdown:

Yeh get off the fence for once and just take the gloves off and say you hate Ronnie instead of these constant whines and moans

Postby GJ

Oh and so much for naughty snooker

Trump was playing alot of negative snooker today

But of course that gets brushed under the carpet

ha ha

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:Oh and so much for naughty snooker

ha ha

YEH Trump said Murphy played negative in the final frame and refused pots but Trump was just the same.

Infact Murphy was the first one brave enough to take on that red near the black spot where he ended up having to play a safety into baulk but accidently knocked the brown in.

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:Oh and so much for naughty snooker

ha ha

YEH Trump said Murphy played negative in the final frame and refused pots but Trump was just the same.

Infact Murphy was the first one brave enough to take on that red near the black spot where he ended up having to play a safety into baulk but accidently knocked the brown in.

true and it was a great frame i enjoyed it :hatoff:

My issue with trump he makes out as if others are boring when they play so called negative snooker yet when he does it its all good <laugh>

Postby GJ

AC or LT? wrote:Hawkins/Walden to win the title please. They've managed not to make a goof of themselves so far this tournament.

Hawk is a true gent and a member of the joe perry gang

HAWKINS 2013 world champion

<ok>

Postby GJ

I haven’t seen any of his games really, but from what I’ve heard from my brother and others he hasn’t really played that well and a lot of people are just scared of him.”

Postby TheRocket

O’Sullivan said of Trump: “I’ve played him a few times and I’ve sensed he’s wobbled. Even he gets scared of me. It’s a hard place out there. If you play well enough and stay with him, and peg him back, he's not Stephen Hendry or John Higgins.”

Good counterattack by Ronnie against the Keyboardwarrior

Postby Wildey

Thread Title Semi Final 1 Ronnie O'Sullivan v Judd Trump

Not the my name is Ronnie please look at me thread.

Postby GJ

I get what trump is at now , by slating his fellow players he will get more media coverage

Postby Witz78

One factor that could favour Trump is the fact that he will have a significant portion of the crowd on his side. Traditionally, O’Sullivan enjoys the vast majority of audience support

Anyone seen this latest crap from Hendon

Id hazard a guess that the crowd will be 80% at least in favour of Ronnie.

just the same way as the early Ronnie - Jimmy games, the crowd heavily favoured Jimmy and similar in the way Alex was favoured over Jimmy when they met.

Postby GJ

Hendon is a proper CDL

i used to respect him but that is BS

today the crowd was 60/40 judd at best and thats against murphy

it will be 90 % ronnie and the bristol crowd for trump

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:Hendon is a proper CDL

i used to respect him but that is BS

today the crowd was 60/40 judd at best and thats against murphy

it will be 90 % ronnie and the bristol crowd for trump

the arrogant tones of his articles always drive me crazy, so full of self importance and his ego is overblown.

What is he anyway? a journalist who got luckly riding on the coattails of Clive Everton.

hes just a snooker fan with a microphone and a notepad and pen, so the way i see it is his opinions counts for about as much as mine, yours, Wilds or anyones do on snooker.

Hes never wrong though of course, everything he says is the gospel in his self proclaimed Universe.

The infuriating thing is he has tons of worshippers on that Snooker Scene Bog who worship his every word. Yuck, pass me the sickbucket :gag:

Postby Roland

GJ wins the king of talking rubbish award since I've been away it seems. Suddenly a Ronnie fan with a Hawkins avatar. Yeah nice one.

I'm firmly behind Judd on this one. He gets too much stick, so what if he's a bit cocky, he's an awesome snooker player and the only one left in the event to take the game to Ronnie.

Just got home from the quarters. Judd v Murphy was probably the most exciting session of snooker I've seen live at the Crucible. Both were a credit to the game. Judd is ready to be World Champion.

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:GJ wins the king of talking rubbish award since I've been away it seems. Suddenly a Ronnie fan with a Hawkins avatar. Yeah nice one.

I'm firmly behind Judd on this one. He gets too much stick, so what if he's a bit cocky, he's an awesome snooker player and the only one left in the event to take the game to Ronnie.

Just got home from the quarters. Judd v Murphy was probably the most exciting session of snooker I've seen live at the Crucible. Both were a credit to the game. Judd is ready to be World Champion.

It would take a special effort to beat judd to that award

so im happy to step aside and give the award to trump

BS king judd <ok> :hatoff:

Postby GJ

Wild WC wrote:Just a reminder this is a thread about 2 players playing a match over 3 days and if people wants to talk yet again about this Ronnie Retiring business take it here PLEASE viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4326

YOU TELL THEM BOSS <ok> :hatoff:

Postby GJ

Jewell wrote:Sonny

GJ changes his allegiances based on which way the wind is blowing. He's a bandwagon jumper of the worst kind. <ok>

what ever you say danny boy <ok>

Postby GJ

Is there any difference in me supporting Ronnie against a player I dislike , than people last Thurs suddenly becoming Milkins fans for the day ha ha

Its all banter im no Ronnie fan but judds rudeness is a pain tbh
Last edited by GJ on 02 May 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Sickpotter

Judd is the changing of the guard in the game, the natural replacement for Ronnie.

I think Ronnie is stronger in every department except two.......long potting and desire

IMO desire is often the deciding factor when two similar style players meet and it makes for classics :spot on:

Best of luck to both players but I'd rather see Judd win.......Ronnie's attitude has put me off :gag:

Postby gallantrabbit

Snooker needs Trump to win tomorrow.
Would jusst like him t play the snooker of Trump 2011. Time to push the boat out and he`s about the only one I`d advise to do that against O`sullivan.

Postby SnookerFan

Muppet147 wrote:No surprise there. You have always been jealous of Ronnie's talent and success. I don't mind who wins but it will be satisfying if you are left disappointed, you CAUC. <ok>

Why would I be jealous of his talent? I don't play snooker. I've never even had a go on a full size table. :shrug:

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote: :clap: Muppet :bowdown:

Yeh get off the fence for once and just take the gloves off and say you hate Ronnie instead of these constant whines and moans

I don't like Ronnie, I thought I'd made that clear before. He's not somebody I'm a fan of. Great player, obviously. But his attitude gets on my nerves something chronic.