Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Wed 1st of May) Q Finals Discussion

Postby Witz78

Skullman wrote:
mantorok wrote:Well, all I can say is it's a shame it wasn't the final between Ronnie and Trump, however should Ronnie topple Trump and go on to lift the title then I don't want to hear any of this easy-path-for-ronnie crap on here, this is a true test for him and he will relish the challenge, he will be glad of a good contender as it would make the win all the more sweeter.

Ronnie has definitely been more consistent, Judd has had more bad sessions and sloppier play IMO than Ronnie has, if Ronnie can just do what he keeps doing he will no doubt beat Judd, you can't afford to go 6-2 down to Ronnie and then have him step up a gear.

This match is mouth-watering, the atmosphere is going to be unbelievable, both player will like that, but I know which one is more used to it ;-)

One good opponent doesn't make a difficult path. He only had one difficult opponent last year (Robbo).

Er hes just played the 3rd best player of this season on the one year rankings.

Last year he had to beat 3 previous winners and 2 previous runners up to win the title.

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:Er hes just played the 3rd best player of this season on the one year rankings.

Last year he had to beat 3 previous winners and 2 previous runners up to win the title.

The third best player in the one year ranking played rubbish against him.

As did 4 out of 5 opponents last year. And the one who didn't wasn't brilliant either, but was playing well enough I'll give Ronnie a pass.

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:This is Ronnie's 10th semi final. Who has more semi finals appearances?

Hendry has 12 ,Davis 11 and White has 10 too.

Thank you :hatoff:

What about John Higgins and Mark Williams?

Higgins 7 and Williams 5.

Postby GJ

Lucky wrote:Who played the lowest average ranked players to win at the crucible? ie the statistical easiest route to the title.

robbo :hatoff:

Postby mantorok

Skullman wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Er hes just played the 3rd best player of this season on the one year rankings.

The third best player in the one year ranking played donkey doo against him.

As did 4 out of 5 opponents last year. And the one who didn't wasn't brilliant either, but was playing well enough I'll give Ronnie a pass.

I thought Bingo was supposed to be a better challenge than Ali and was going to threaten his path to the Semis, what happened to that? Is Bingo now a cr@p player?

Is Judd going to be cr@p if he freezes up in the Semis and loses?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:

The third best player in the one year ranking played rubbish against him.

Once Ronnie dominates an opponent, every player can look like an amateur.

Examples:

Ronnie - Hendry: 17-4 World semi 2004
Ronnie - Higgins: 10-3 Masters final 2005

Postby Skullman

mantorok wrote:
Skullman wrote:

I thought Bingo was supposed to be a better challenge than Ali and was going to threaten his path to the Semis, what happened to that? Is Bingo now a cr@p player?

Is Judd going to be cr@p if he freezes up in the Semis and loses?

I never said Bingo was going to be a bigger challenge. I always thought he'd get smashed because his performance in the early rounds didn't suggest he'd run ROS close. :?

Plus I never said Bingo was crap, but he certainly played crap today and yesterday. And if Judd plays crap it's an easy match. If he doesn't, it's not.

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:

Come on. Let's be honest. The only real opponents for a peak Ronnie are only Higgins, a peak Selby and Neil Robertson I guess. The others like Murphy ,Maguire, Carter are not a challenge for him, that's why we always say, he gets a bye. He is just too good for these players. And it's simply impossible to play Higgins,Selby and Robertson in the same tournament. He will only play one of them, if that. And he did beat this one topman last year in a good way.

Postby GJ

TheRocket wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Come on. Let's be honest. The only real opponents for a peak Ronnie are only Higgins, a peak Selby and Neil Robertson I guess. The others like Murphy ,Maguire, Carter are not a challenge for him, that's why we always say, he gets a bye. He is just too good for these players. And it's simply impossible to play Higgins,Selby and Robertson in the same tournament. He will only play one of them, if that. And he did beat this one topman last year in a good way.

yes he won the virtual final 13-10

some fools on here say it was a thrashing

13-10 is not a thrashing

FACT

Postby Skullman

I'm not saying he has to play the top5, but would be nice if his opponents put up a fight. Bingo can play much better than he did. And in fairness to Carter, he played well enough to give Ronnie a test and put him under pressure briefly. Much better than last year's performance.