Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Wed 1st of May) Q Finals Discussion

Postby GJ

Casey wrote:in 2001 Ronnie played and beat a great opponent in John Higgins...since then he has played Dott and carter twice...now this year he will play either Walden or Hawkings. To think some people have the cheek to suggest Hendry had it easy.

walden beat ronnie in a final 10-9 <ok>
Last edited by GJ on 01 May 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby The Cueist

Well played Barry :-D Just had too much for Ding this year.
As Ding gets older he is starting to look more lethargic when it is not going well in a match situation.

Ronnie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hatoff:

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Barry has improved a lot, always wanted to see Barry have a run at the Crucible, and this is now that year.

I've always liked Barry.

Bingham on the other hand has gave Ronnie too many chances, just going for everything which then let's Ronnie in who then clears up, too easy, hopefully Murphy or Trump will give him more of a game.

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:I dont think Trump will give ROS much of a match tbh............Murphy would need to cut out his bad session which he seems to be having a lot of. Hawkins will be overjoyed to reach the semis - this has 5th World Title for ROS stamped all over it. <ok>

Best of a poor era it really has to be said

Bingham is World no 6 and he is swatting him away...

Postby GJ

Wild WC wrote:
Smart wrote:I dont think Trump will give ROS much of a match tbh............Murphy would need to cut out his bad session which he seems to be having a lot of. Hawkins will be overjoyed to reach the semis - this has 5th World Title for ROS stamped all over it. <ok>

rofl <laugh>

Postby Smart

GJ wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

l <laugh>

yes put on some 1990s music and cover the tv in red dots and you'll think Sourface is on screen <ok>

Postby The Cueist

GJ wrote:Unless ding sorts his head out he will never be world champion

playing well in shorts bursts wont cut it in the big one

He has not performed really well in the Worlds yet has 2 UK titles,
Maybe the longer frame matches outweigh his inner stamina?

I dont know for sure,All i know when he is in form he has a lot of talent.

As for Ronnie,Well,He dont get much better and cant get much better at the moment.
I think it is foolish to say Ronnie has already won the title,It is only the Quarter final still. <doh>

The semi will not be a certainty to win,The same goes for any other player.
17 frames need to be bagged whilst an opponent is trying to bag his 17 against you.

Think about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:
GJ wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

l <laugh>

yes put on some 1990s music and cover the tv in red dots and you'll think Sourface is on screen <ok>

with respect the 90s was stronger than now.....

you got a failed 90s journyman World no 11 today.

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg6TuK3cjMY

THIS YEARS WORLD FINAL

HAWK WITH MORE HAIR THOUGH

What does Hawkins look like? rofl

he looks like barry hawkins <ok>