Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Wed 1st of May) Q Finals Discussion

Postby GJ

Wild WC wrote:Ronnie is playing awesome Snooker Last year when he won he didn't come anywhere near this standard

He played as well in the quarters last year difference is he had respect fro robbo he doesnt respect bingham at all

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Casey wrote:I can only hope Trump wins tonight or else this tournament will be a washout from the SF onwards for the 2nd year in a row.

Hawk has the game to score enough and compete in the safety dept v ronnie

and his head wont go down early like ding's

i cant agree more.

people are overestimating ding and underestimating Barry

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:World Championship Trivia!

Q. Which player has lost the most matches with a session to spare at the Crucible?

must be Stephen Hendry seeing as you asked the question <ok>

Postby GJ

Jewell wrote:If Ding loses the final will be a walkover for one of Ronnie, Trump and Murphy.

Hawk can beat any of those and the great thing for baz everyone will write him off like you so no pressure at all
on him

Postby GJ

people can get clouded by scoreline but in the last 2 sessions in last years quarter ronnie played the same level asnow
Last edited by GJ on 01 May 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:people can get clouded by scoreline but in the last 2 sessions in last years quarter ronnie played the same level asnow

Mate in the balls yes but in this Match his long potting has been on a different level to last year.

Postby GJ

Wild WC wrote:
GJ wrote:people can get clouded by scoreline but in the last 2 sessions in last years quarter ronnie played the same level asnow

Mate in the balls yes but in this Match his long potting has been on a different level to last year.

fair enough all im saying robbo missed chances as has bingham
Last edited by GJ on 01 May 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Alex0paul

Problem is that Hawkins has already said he is shattered after his second round match so by the time he reaches the final he will be gone. It'll be a similar final to 89, 04, 08 where one player has nothing left to give.

Postby GJ

Alex0paul wrote:Problem is that Hawkins has already said he is shattered after his second round match so by the time he reaches the final he will be gone. It'll be a similar final to 89, 04, 08 where one player has nothing left to give.

out of the players in bottom half hes the only one i think can compete in safety with ronnie

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

fair enough all im saying robbo missed chances as has bingham

i have no doubt Robbo would have given him a harder match because Bingham has had chances but then cockerel up and Ronnie clears up with monotonous regularity

Postby Alex0paul

GJ wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Problem is that Hawkins has already said he is shattered after his second round match so by the time he reaches the final he will be gone. It'll be a similar final to 89, 04, 08 where one player has nothing left to give.

out of the players in bottom half hes the only one i think can compete in safety with ronnie

That won't matter if he can't score. He has played pretty poor in this match so will most likely lose the semi anyway.

Postby GJ

Alex0paul wrote:
GJ wrote:

That won't matter if he can't score. He has played pretty poor in this match so will most likely lose the semi anyway.

true :-(

i never saw shanghai final did ronnie play bad or walden great

jjust in case its ronnie v ricky final

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:
Wild WC wrote: must be Stephen Hendry seeing as you asked the question  <ok>

Correct. Three(!) times Hendry has suffered this humiliation.

2004 Semi-Final
Hendry 4-17 O'Sullivam

2008 Semi-Final
Hendry 6-17 O'Sullivan

2012 Quarter-Final
Hendry 2-13 Maguire

Who Holds the record of Most Session Whitewash at the Crucible? just as much a humiliation.

Postby GJ

Wild WC wrote:
Jewell wrote:

2004 Semi-Final
Hendry 4-17 O'Sullivam

2008 Semi-Final
Hendry 6-17 O'Sullivan

2012 Quarter-Final
Hendry 2-13 Maguire

Who Holds the record of Most Session Whitewash at the Crucible? just as much a humiliation.

RA osullivan

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Jewell wrote:

2004 Semi-Final
Hendry 4-17 O'Sullivam

2008 Semi-Final
Hendry 6-17 O'Sullivan

2012 Quarter-Final
Hendry 2-13 Maguire

RA osullivan

Correct ...i will be looking in to the stats regarding who humiliated him....but that will have to wait <ok>