Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Tue 30th of April) Q Finals Discussi

Postby Alex0paul

Worried that there are a lot of similarities as 2005 pointing to a Murphy win.

He wins opening round 10-5 after leading 5-4 after opening session
Beats a Scottish World Champion in Round 2
O'Sullivan beats Carter in Round 2
Joe Perry fails to qualify for the first time since 2005
Robert Milkins qualifies for the first time since 2005
Number 2 seed goes out in round 2

Postby ttol

GJ wrote:needle

quotes please

cant remember those 2 having a falling out ????????????

SHAUN MURPHY and Judd Trump are locked in a war of words ahead of a World Championship grudge match.

Ex-Crucible champ Murphy blasted “swaggering” Trump — but the Bristolian hit back saying people are just jealous of his star status. The warring pair meet in the quarter finals tomorrow.

Murphy rapped: “I don’t think Judd lacks confidence or swagger.

“But when you have that air about you that you will win and it is just a question of turning up, then can can put undue pressure on yourself.”

But World No1 Trump declared: “Shaun doesn’t know me so he wouldn’t know what I do.

“Some players say things about me, but it’s the only way they can get some limelight. When the pressure’s on me, that’s when I play my best snooker. I rate Shaun the same as everybody else. I don’t really rate the other players as if I play my best game, I’ll beat them.”

Party-loving Trump has been working on his fitness — but not just for his snooker. He said: “I’ve tried to get fit for this, but also because I’m going on holiday next month with the boys to Las Vegas. I’ve got to look good for the ladies.”

Postby Skullman

ttol wrote:"When the pressure’s on me, that’s when I play my best snooker."

So you weren't under pressure in 2011 World Final or this season's Shanghai Masters then, Judd? <laugh>

Anyway, I think this 'needle' has been fabricated by journalists. I heard both of their interviews from Monique's Soundcloud and Murphy was asked why he thought Judd hadn't been playing well recently and wasn't 'blasting' him.

Judd meanwhile seems to have gone overly defensive at a guess about his mindset and seems to enjoy slagging everyone off, which works much better when you're playing well and have been winning. He really seems to be turning into a dislikable person.

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:Worried that there are a lot of similarities as 2005 pointing to a Murphy win.

He wins opening round 10-5 after leading 5-4 after opening session
Beats a Scottish World Champion in Round 2
O'Sullivan beats Carter in Round 2
Joe Perry fails to qualify for the first time since 2005
Robert Milkins qualifies for the first time since 2005
Number 2 seed goes out in round 2

You're definately a man who loves patterns aren't you...

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Mere coincidences which don't say if he's gonna win or not..

Postby SnookerFan

ttol wrote:
SHAUN MURPHY and Judd Trump are locked in a war of words ahead of a World Championship grudge match.

Ex-Crucible champ Murphy blasted “swaggering” Trump — but the Bristolian hit back saying people are just jealous of his star status. The warring pair meet in the quarter finals tomorrow.

Murphy rapped: “I don’t think Judd lacks confidence or swagger.

“But when you have that air about you that you will win and it is just a question of turning up, then can can put undue pressure on yourself.”

But World No1 Trump declared: “Shaun doesn’t know me so he wouldn’t know what I do.

“Some players say things about me, but it’s the only way they can get some limelight. When the pressure’s on me, that’s when I play my best snooker. I rate Shaun the same as everybody else. I don’t really rate the other players as if I play my best game, I’ll beat them.”

Party-loving Trump has been working on his fitness — but not just for his snooker. He said: “I’ve tried to get fit for this, but also because I’m going on holiday next month with the boys to Las Vegas. I’ve got to look good for the ladies.”

Judd has a habit of snake hissing off other players, don't he? <laugh>

Postby mantorok

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie continues to impress me with his great composure. He won't fall apart should he have a bad session, he won't crumble under pressure. Like this, he's a living nightmare for all the other snooker players.

A ROS with his head on his shoulders is a contender for any title, in fact I would go as far to say that so far in this tournament he has been the most stable and focused, and every year he's turned up like that he's won it (2001, 2004, 2008 & 2012 he never showed any frustration, in every year he's lost it it's always been down to focus).

The long potting is irrelevant and good enough IMO, you always get chances amongst the balls, even against the best, he's got the safety game and the break-building, coupled with a stable mental balance and you have a champion. The fact that he can mop up given half a chance already puts instant pressure on opponents.

I don't think any of the other players are under any illusions, and I still say that an in-form Trump is the only problem he will have.

Postby mantorok

Muppet147 wrote:Judd will beat Murphy to set up the dream semi-final..

I'm still on the fence about this one, Judd still takes on risky shots to leave players in, and I think given Murphy's breakbuilding prowess I think it could swing Murphy's way.

Murphy is a lot more conservative style, and in the WC that's what can make the difference, it's difficult to just pot balls flawlessly forever and rely on little else. Either way I think it will be close.

Postby ttol

Skullman wrote:Anyway, I think this 'needle' has been fabricated by journalists. I heard both of their interviews from Monique's Soundcloud and Murphy was asked why he thought Judd hadn't been playing well recently and wasn't 'blasting' him.

Agreed, it was in The Sun too. Though I do think most of the players hate/dislike him quite intensely.

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:jewell

wild cross he wants judd to win

wild

it was clear chance not jewells fault judd blobbed

no some people tune in on here at work or away from TV and then idiots post wrong scores.

no more of that bucking crap because if it becomes a epidemic ill be removing people.