Topic locked

World Championship (Tue 30th of April) Q Finals Discussion !

Postby Wildey

Saturday 20th of April~Monday 6th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

For the next 2 days its Quarter Finals at the Crucible and although there’s been a lot of surprises the Line up is extremely Strong with every one Bar Michael White Winner of Ranking Tournaments.

Who will reach the one table set up at the Crucible this year?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Tuesday 30th of April

10am

Shaun Murphy v Judd Trump
Ding Junhui v Barry Hawkins

2.30pm

Ronnie O’Sullivan v Stuart Bingham
Ricky Walden v Michael White

7pm

Shaun Murphy v Judd Trump
Ding Junhui v Barry Hawkins

Image Image

Re: World Championship (Tue 30th of April) Q Finals Discussi

Postby Wildey

Quarter Final

1 Ronnie O’Sullivan v 9 Stuart Bingham
5 Shaun Murphy v 4 Judd Trump
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
14 Ricky Walden v Michael White
10 Ding Junhui v 15 Barry Hawkins

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:Just realised, for all the 'shocks' this year at the Crucible, six of the quarter finalists are in the top 8 on the one year list, ROS and Mike White being the only ones outside.

But it's shocking that the No. 1 and the No. 2 of that list are out!

:zzz:

Postby GJ

Jewell wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:But it's shocking that the No. 1 and the No. 2 of that list are out!

All-out plodders rarely do well at World Championship nowadays so it's no surprise both of them have gone out early. <ok>

shows how important both are if their still being spoken about days after their exit

<ok>

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:
Jewell wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:But it's shocking that the No. 1 and the No. 2 of that list are out!

All-out plodders rarely do well at World Championship nowadays so it's no surprise both of them have gone out early. <ok>

shows how important both are if their still being spoken about days after their exit

<ok>

And ironically not by us <laugh>

Postby GJ

Jewell wrote:GJ

The quarter-finals are crucial for you. You've picked all four underdogs to win.

had no real choice i play to win

<ok>

my chances are slim but all 4 matches are not as cut and dry as it may look IMO

Postby Witz78

1st time a defending champ has made the quarters since 2006 i think which is pretty hard to believe.

Infact amazingly THIS CENTURY no FINALIST has made the final the following year so odds are against Ronnie winning 2 more games to make the final, let alone winning the tournament !!!

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:1st time a defending champ has made the quarters since 2006 i think which is pretty hard to believe.

Infact amazingly THIS CENTURY no FINALIST has made the final the following year so odds are against Ronnie winning 2 more games to make the final, let alone winning the tournament !!!

Patterns are made to be broken.

Postby GJ

Bingham is a different player now

I think the last 16 hurdle made him shakey yesterday and him and mavis are good mates so it was tough.

Everyone expects ronnie to win but bingham is no carter.

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:Bingham is a different player now

I think the last 16 hurdle made him shakey yesterday and him and mavis are good mates so it was tough.

Everyone expects ronnie to win but bingham is no carter.

Carter is a much better player, no offense to Stuart. I honestly think on his last 16 performance, he would've beaten anyone else except Ding and maybe Judd.

Postby PLtheRef

Jewell wrote:GJ

The quarter-finals are crucial for you. You've picked all four underdogs to win.

May be a bit late, if my sums are right, just getting them verified then GJ is 24 points off the lead.

That said, I'm confidently predicting of victory when 25 behind but I do get the feeling it's essentially 10-6 down to 11-5 down territory

Postby Snooker Overdrive

I'm very relieved and pleased right now.

Ali Carter played very well in this match, he only missed a couple of long pots but otherwise he was very strong tactically and scored quite heavy.

It was the tough test everybody expected.

And Ronnie passed with flying colours. Before this session I thought he would scrap over the line or at least have to battle hard in very close match. But he pulled away in magnificent style. The clearances he produced were first class. Honestly he surprised me.

Now he has a good chance. And should Murphy somehow beat Trump it will be a terrific chance to retain the title.

Bingham will be a tough opponent but after seeing Ronnie play like this tonight, I can't see him losing to Stuart.

Ronnie continues to impress me with his great composure. He won't fall apart should he have a bad session, he won't crumble under pressure. Like this, he's a living nightmare for all the other snooker players.

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:yeh GJ

bookies have him 3/1 to beat Ronnie

I honestly think the other 3 underdogs have good chances

trump v murphy-is a pot fest so all on the 2 days

hawk owns ding in head to head

white can beat ricky as well