Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Mon 29th of April) Last 16 Discussio

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Jewell wrote:Snooker Overdrive

What do you think about Ronnie's chances today?

It certainly won't be a walk in the park. Ali is playing very consistent, makes few mistakes breakbuilding, plays very good safeties and is dangerous with his long pots.

But Ronnie gave himself a massive advantage by the winning the last 2 frames. The momentum is on his side and he has a 2 frame cushion. I think he weathered the storm.

Don't think Ronnie will run away with it but he'll win 13-11 or 13-10 in the end.
Last edited by Snooker Overdrive on 29 Apr 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:sf

white will beat either so in away its irrelevant who wins tonight

Walden vs White would be a close match, in my opinion. Neither has been as far as a Crucible quarter before. White has shown no nerves on his first appearance at Fortress Crucible, but Walden has more big match experience.

Milkins was playing catch up almost the entire game. Credit to him for sticking with it, and keeping it going into the third session. But I don't think it'd be anywhere near as decent a game.

Just my opinion though. :hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

Jewell wrote:Good afternoon Snookerfan. :-)

Do you really think a Ronnie victory is a foregone conclusion today? I myself have my doubts.

I think Ronnie wins today.

I wouldn't if he was playing somebody who wasn't Carter. I just think Carter has too much fear when playing Ronnie, and too many battle scars against him. Ali has kept it close, and credit to him. But I just feel as we get closer to the winning line, it will be Ali who will be more nervous than Ronnie.

Ronnie has turned up at this tournament with no pressure. On the 19th April, nobody really expected him to do anything much. Ali must have known that this is his best chance of beating Ronnie, so the pressure is on him just at a time he needs to be his most calm.

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:Afternoon everyone.......not at any games......just drinking.....swimming......eating.....and chilling watching ding game on tv.

Bought some 13% white wine.....going down a treat.

:D :D :D

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:Afternoon everyone.......not at any games......just drinking.....swimming......eating.....and chilling watching ding game on tv.

Have you got the rest of the week off Smart? This afternoon, I'm going to try and orgainse the Semi-Finals off.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:

Have you got the rest of the week off Smart? This afternoon, I'm going to try and orgainse the Semi-Finals off.

Driving back tomorrow.....half-day Wednesday.....full day Thursday.....half-day Friday.

Half-day = 10.30 finish....so won't miss much tbh.

GJ - milking says great shot almost as much as mark Allen. Good sport.

Postby GJ

Rexy

Any sign of witx he said he shouted 1 more pint milkman in the robbo match i watched the whole match and didnt hear him shout anything

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Speaking of which I've sort of (as in I'm going to do it and see how many people follow suit) started a campaign to refer to the Worlds trophy as the Joe Davis trophy. Inspired by Judd, suggested by Hendon, after all Joe Davis is the one who stumped up the cash to buy the trophy in the first place and has his name firmly etched on it from inception until he retired.

well in other sports they have trophies named after a legendary figure and Joe Davis was the pioneer of snooker.

Postby Smart

GJ wrote:Rexy

Any sign of witx he said he shouted 1 more pint milkman in the robbo match i watched the whole match and didnt hear him shout anything

Not seen anyone mate other than stat man.....saw Mon but she was busy with camera thing. Battery low....gotta go......enjoy guys.

Postby Wildey

there's talk of upsets and Burnouts but still in the Tournament there's 9 of the top 16 on the one year list.

there will always be upsets but still that's a high number of players that's played most snooker this season.

Postby Andre147

Anyone watching Bingo v Davis too?

Bingo wins the first 2 frames, now leads 10-8.. can't see him losing this match to be honest.. Davis may still make it close, but not enough to win I think.