Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Sun 28th of April) Last 16 Discussio

Postby Roland

Witz78 wrote:
Sonny wrote:I want Milkins to get another frame so I've got a better chance of a free ticket!

your bumchum Jase not sorting you out then haha :limp:

by the way doesnt Matt PSB drink alcohol cos time and time again now ive offered to buy him drink and hes declined my kind offer <doh>

No he's teetotal and no I was only joking. I'll probably head there and watch on the box in the Monk assuming they show both tables and not just the Ronnie match

Postby Roland

Everything set up nice for tomorrow. Ronnie did well to pull 2 clear after Carter levelled at 9-7. Ding was sublime to get 9-7 up from 6-2 down and should win. Walden was showing signs of wobbling from 9-3 to 9-6 but steadied the ship in the last although Milkins could very well get back into it, and Davis v Bingham is showing all the signs of going 12-12.

I feel sorry for Ricky Walden I must admit. He is so blatantly talented but just cannot hide the fact he feels the pressure, especially on rest shots which even when they're 10/10 easy he contrives to miss. I do think Milkins can win that one but I want Ricky to be able to free up and play his game. Unfortunately though, even though his game is good enough, I don't think he can win this event.

Postby Roland

I don't think he'll bottle it but if he plays as rusty as he was in spells earlier today then Carter will have the chances. Ronnie is no bottler, I think his history shows that. But he is clearly not at his best so it is Carter's best chance to beat him for sure. Carter needs to be at his best though to beat a 50% O'Sullivan.

Postby vodkadiet

Sonny wrote:I don't think he'll bottle it but if he plays as rusty as he was in spells earlier today then Carter will have the chances. Ronnie is no bottler, I think his history shows that. But he is clearly not at his best so it is Carter's best chance to beat him for sure. Carter needs to be at his best though to beat a 50% O'Sullivan.

I disagree. He has lost from a similar position at The Crucible quite a few times. Higgins from 8-5 up, Selby from 9-5 up, Allen from 9-7 up, Ebdon from 8-2 up, Gray from 9-7 up, Morgan from 9-7 up. I cannot think of that many close ones he has won in recent years. A very good front runner, but not good when it is close.

Postby Roland

Fair enough. He's won plenty of matches when he's proved his bottle though but certain players have been known to rattle him obviously. Same with most players though. I think Carter can do it primarily because he's got more experience of winning big matches than previously plus he's beaten Ronnie many times in practice and knowing the character of the man he will be very determined to win just to prove a point as he did with Judd last year.

Postby vodkadiet

Sonny wrote:Fair enough. He's won plenty of matches when he's proved his bottle though but certain players have been known to rattle him obviously. Same with most players though. I think Carter can do it primarily because he's got more experience of winning big matches than previously plus he's beaten Ronnie many times in practice and knowing the character of the man he will be very determined to win just to prove a point as he did with Judd last year.

Whoever wins the first frame tomorrow will win I think. I hope it goes close.