Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Fri 26th of April) Last 16 Discussio

Postby Roland

Disappointing finish really, was looking like a tense frame then suddenly Dott leaves a long straight pot, Murphy sinks it as you'd expect and the reds could not have been easier for him. Still, well played. Gutted for Dotty.

Postby Andre147

Murphy held himself together very well in the end and made a good break under intense pressure. :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff:

Yeah Dotty will probaly feel he should have won that frame on the respotted black cause he shouldnt have gone fot that double on the black to hand it on a plate to Murphy, but anyway.. it's history now and he played very well to comeback, I was very impressed with him, especially in the 2nd session this morning.

Now it's likely Murphy and Judd quarter-final, what a match that will be.

Postby Roland

Dotty today was performance of the event so far. Started this morning 6-2 behind and played inspirational snooker to take it so close. Who knows what would've happened if he'd not played a bad respot at 10-10 or left Murphy the chance for match on a plate. Anyway, he can take heart from his performance. Dotty is a proper snooker player.

Postby DavieMac

Sonny wrote:Dotty today was performance of the event so far. Started this morning 6-2 behind and played inspirational snooker to take it so close. Who knows what would've happened if he'd not played a bad respot at 10-10 or left Murphy the chance for match on a plate. Anyway, he can take heart from his performance. Dotty is a proper snooker player.

Top post.

I had £3 on Dott to win 13-11 at 16/1 which was ridiculous.

He is a battler.

Postby Roland

http://adrugcalledsport.blogspot.ie/201 ... model.html

Chap who wrote this just sent me the link. It's about Dotty and it's good. I think he underestimates him in terms of natural ability but it's a positive article and he's right, he is a good role model.