Topic locked

Re: World Cham'ship (Thur 25th of April) L 32 & L 16 Discuss

Postby SnookerFan

I'm off work tomorrow, so have documented a schedule to help me see as many full matches as possible. :-D

Starting with this evening's Michael White vs Jack The Thai Guy entertainment, I'll see all three sessions of that. Also I'll see all three sessions of Selby vs Hawkins, and all three sessions of Walden vs Milkins or Robertson. (I kind of hope it's Robertson, but would take either.) I'll see the first two sessions of Ding vs King, but will have to miss the end when at wrok. :grrr:

Keeping to that schedule means I won't see any of Ronnie vs Carter, but somebody will be on here to update me as to that. :spot on:

Postby Wildey

This childish name calling has got to stop and stop now its pathetic and infantile.

it reflects badly on this forum now its up to you either its stop or its a 24 hour ban, time to put up with peoples fetishes has come to an end its up to you.

Postby mantorok

sundaygirl wrote:
GJ wrote:Jimmy on the radio just said carter is the only player to stop Ronnie ........

I think that this is the round to beat Ronnie in.

Ronnie simply doesn't fear Carter, at least not as much as other players, and the more matches Carter loses the worse it will get for him.

I can't help but feel Ronnie has got it made until the Semis.

Postby SnookerFan

If Carter doesn't beat Ronnie this time, I think he'll never beat him. (I don't count Ali's might CL victory.)

Ronnie still hasn't played much competitive snooker since last year when he beat Ali. Ali should be much more match sharp. This is Ali's best chance, and if he can't pull it off, he never will.

Saying all that, I see Ronnie winning handily.

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:If Carter doesn't beat Ronnie this time, I think he'll never beat him. (I don't count Ali's might CL victory.)

Ronnie still hasn't played much competitive snooker since last year when he beat Ali. Ali should be much more match sharp. This is Ali's best chance, and if he can't pull it off, he never will.

Saying all that, I see Ronnie winning handily.

I think you're right, Ronnie hasn't really been pushed in the match department, and Ali is a very good match player these days, either Ronnies absence will show here or Carters lack of bottle will.

But I guess this is what we like about Ronnie, he could come out and blast Ali off the table or he could just fold like a cheap tent.

Postby Wildey

Thursday 25th of April

1pm

Shaun Murphy v Graeme Dott
Neil Robertson 5-4 Robert Milkins conclusion

7pm

Stuart Bingham 8-1 Sam Baird conclusion
Michael White v Dechawat Poomjaeng

Postby Muppet147

vodkadiet wrote:Every player who has led after the first session has won the match. Bingham will obviously win, can Robertson make it a full set?

Robbo is something of a trend setter so hopefully he can be the first player to be unceremoniously dumped out on his bottom after leading a match in the first session.

Come on, the Milkman!