Topic locked

Re: World Cham'ship (Thur 25th of April) L 32 & L 16 Discuss

Postby PLtheRef

Sonny wrote:Don't write Poomy off yet. That 4th frame clearly has had a massive impact on the session so far. He was getting involved in the match and then suddenly he's lost a frame in crazy circumstances and hasn't recovered. If he can get to 6-2 then it's not over for him by any means.

I think Graeme Dott said a few years ago that a 6-2 margin is the most deceiving one in snooker as it gives the impression you're close to winning, but the reality is that the game is still relatively in its early stages and that the line is no where near.

Many matches have been recovered from 6-2 behind after the first session definitely. If he can win the session tomorrow then from 9-7 it's all to play for on Saturday. Even 10-6 is dare say recoverable

Postby Andre147

PLtheRef wrote:
Sonny wrote:Don't write Poomy off yet. That 4th frame clearly has had a massive impact on the session so far. He was getting involved in the match and then suddenly he's lost a frame in crazy circumstances and hasn't recovered. If he can get to 6-2 then it's not over for him by any means.

I think Graeme Dott said a few years ago that a 6-2 margin is the most deceiving one in snooker as it gives the impression you're close to winning, but the reality is that the game is still relatively in its early stages and that the line is no where near.

Many matches have been recovered from 6-2 behind after the first session definitely. If he can win the session tomorrow then from 9-7 it's all to play for on Saturday. Even 10-6 is dare say recoverable

yeah I agree <ok>

Postby Wildey

in the last 2 season with PTC and qualifying ive seen Dechawat play about 8 maybe even 10 times and ive never seen this side of his character before.

he has been pretty dour to be honest.

Postby GJ

Wild WC wrote:in the last 2 season with PTC and qualifying ive seen Dechawat play about 8 maybe even 10 times and ive never seen this side of his character before.

he has been pretty dour to be honest.

an attention seeker as he knows it may be his only worlds <ok> <ok>

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:I wonder was he like this in quallies can imagine copes face to the antics

I watched him in a few qualies before the Worlds when his match was being streamed and he rarely acted like he has done here.

The crowd and the occasion definately "helps" to show his emotions and true personality out there.

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:
GJ wrote:I wonder was he like this in quallies can imagine copes face to the antics

True. Cope would not like this fella one bit. I think he likes the big crowd though. <ok>

remember the ebo collapse on the floor v cope

rofl :parrot:

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:
Smart wrote:

True. Cope would not like this fella one bit. I think he likes the big crowd though. <ok>

rofl :parrot:

That was definately one of the most amusing moments ive ever watched in a snooker match.

Postby Smart

Andre147 wrote:
GJ wrote:
Smart wrote:

rofl :

That was definately one of the most amusing moments ive ever watched in a snooker match.

yeah I had a melt-down against Ebbo for that <ok>