Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Wed 24th of April) Last 32 Discussio

Postby vodkadiet

GJ

Grinding is a good quality. Never give your wicket away cheaply. As an Aussie, you should know that more than anyone. I am supporting Robertson, as I want a good final and he is the best player in the bottom half of the draw.

Postby GJ

vodkadiet wrote:GJ

Grinding is a good quality. Never give your wicket away cheaply. As an Aussie, you should know that more than anyone. I am supprting Robertson, as I want a good final and he is the best player in the bottom half of the draw.

fair enough its others on here who bash robbo take your comments as if you dont like robbo :parrot:

2-0 robbo

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:GJ

Grinding is a good quality. Never give your wicket away cheaply. As an Aussie, you should know that more than anyone. I am supporting Robertson, as I want a good final and he is the best player in the bottom half of the draw.

yea over the years the term grinding somehow has taken a whole new meaning....

it used to be the case grinding was seen as a massive compliment.

Postby vodkadiet

GJ

I want to see quality match snooker, at whatever pace it is played. I don't want to see someone playing at 13 seconds a shot and losing 18-6 in the final. Robertson looks in better form than Selby, and I would rather him play Trump or O'Sullivan.

Postby vodkadiet

Muppet147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Solid first frame from Geoffrey Boycott against Rob Milkins. Boycott in again now, 2-0 coming up.

Robbo is even slower and more methodical than Boycs.

Must be hell for Milkins, as he has a natural fluent style of play.

Okay, apologies. Chris Tavare 2-0 Rob Milkins

Postby GJ

frame

yeh and a nice contrast in styles is always good and a quality player has to be able to mix different styles
Last edited by GJ on 24 Apr 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Muppet147

vodkadiet wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Solid first frame from Geoffrey Boycott against Rob Milkins. Boycott in again now, 2-0 coming up.

Robbo is even slower and more methodical than Boycs.

Must be hell for Milkins, as he has a natural fluent style of play.

Okay, apologies. Chris Tavare 2-0 Rob Milkins

Much better!

Postby vodkadiet

GJ wrote:frame

yeh and a nice contrast in styles is always good and a quality player has to be able to mix different styles

Robertson has slowed down a lot over the years, and it has got him better results. As Clive Everton used to say "it's not how quick you get them, but if you get them".