Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Tue 23rd of April) Last 32 Discussio

Postby Wildey

Stephen Hendry said that Snooker participation in china is not as big as people might imagine ...They love the game they admire and idolize the Great players especially Ding BUT Playing snooker is difficult and most play pool there.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild WC wrote:Stephen Hendry said that Snooker participation in china is not as big as people might imagine ...They love the game they admire and idolize the Great players especially Ding BUT Playing snooker is difficult and most play pool there.

Funny you should say that. I was on another website last week, and got talking to somebody who now lives in China. He said almost the exact same thing.

It wasn't a snooker forum, and was in the off topic bit. So I somewhat snobbishly took it with a pinch of salt. Interesting to hear Hendry saying the same thing though.

Postby GJ

Casey wrote:I can only face logging on now and can’t describe how devastated I am about Allen losing. He had the match and let it slip, that one will take a long while to get over.

genuinely gutted for you and mark

:-( :sad: :sad:

Postby Smart

GJ wrote:
Casey wrote:I can only face logging on now and can’t describe how devastated I am about Allen losing. He had the match and let it slip, that one will take a long while to get over.

genuinely gutted for you and mark

:-( :sad: :sad:

he was 8-6 up wasnt he, that is a sickening loss :-(

Postby mantorok

Trump, Allen et al should be destroying most players, they are supposed to be in their prime! IMO just goes to show how weak some of these players are compared to the real legends of the game.

Nice to see some new blood in the tournament though, always makes the WC more interesting, I'm hoping Ali gets dumped out by his opponent.

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:Trump, Allen et al should be destroying most players, they are supposed to be in their prime! IMO just goes to show how weak some of these players are compared to the real legends of the game.

Nice to see some new blood in the tournament though, always makes the WC more interesting, I'm hoping Ali gets dumped out by his opponent.

So do I.

But only because I think Ben will have a more interesting match in the second round than Ali "I snake hiss myself every time I see Ronnie" Carter.

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:I am delighted that the obnoxious fat racist Allen is out of the tournament. In any case, if he could barely match King what chance would he have had against a good player?

He's not that fat.

Maybe not compared to you. He explodes out of his waistcoat.

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:
mantorok wrote:Trump, Allen et al should be destroying most players, they are supposed to be in their prime! IMO just goes to show how weak some of these players are compared to the real legends of the game.

So do I.

But only because I think Ben will have a more interesting match in the second round than Ali "I snake hiss myself every time I see Ronnie" Carter.

Well, for Ali it's hardly something to look forward to, he's never beaten Ronnie in a ranking tournament, I can't see that changing now.

In fact, somone like Ben has just as good a chance as anyone of beating Ronnie if he gets past Ali, they don't fear playing him, they relish it more often than not.