Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Mon 22nd of April) Last 32 Discussio

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I think we all saw today between Murphy and Gould how much of a difference a commanding h2h record can make. That will be Ronnie's biggest advantage I feel.

Was it a good head to head or was it just that Murphy's the better player?

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:
GJ wrote:how did walden play ?

Very well yesterday. Less so today but scrapped out the two frames he needed. Can't say how he'll do against Robbo until I see Robbo play.

indeed <ok> <ok>

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Maybe Ben could beat Ronnie... nah.

If Higgins goes out I think the only player who could beat Ronnie before the semi finals is Bingo (imagine saying that two years ago).

Bingo will be very dangerous for Ronnie if both were to face in the quarters I agree.. Bingo is one of those players who can actually frustrate Ronnie a bit, even though Ronnie's in a much better shape mentally.. a bit like their match at the UK Champs in 2011 where Bingo beat Ronnie and started a ranking events consecutive first round defeats for Ronnie, until the Worlds...

But it's still very early days to even think about that.

I wanna see how Ali plays against Ben.

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I think Higgins is the only player besides Carter who can beat Ronnie in this quarter. Bingham won't beat Ronnie in a match of such importance.

WHAT ABOUT A FEARLESS BAIRD <ok>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I think we all saw today between Murphy and Gould how much of a difference a commanding h2h record can make. That will be Ronnie's biggest advantage I feel.

Was it a good head to head or was it just that Murphy's the better player?

We'll never know. But Gould didn't look as confident as he usually does on certain shots.

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I think Higgins is the only player besides Carter who can beat Ronnie in this quarter. Bingham won't beat Ronnie in a match of such importance.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby vodkadiet

Pretty awful fare so far. Higgins and Davis is set up nicely. Other than that it has been rubbish! Mark J Williams and Ebdon should retire from the sport. If Carter is ever going to beat O'Sullivan it should be here, as I don't think O'Sullivan is match sharp enough to beat someone playing well. Robertson vs Maguire looks a certainty.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

GJ wrote:

Baird once beat him in a PTC, right? But Ronnie won't lose to someone so inexperienced at the Worlds. Also I don't think Baird will get anywhere near the quarter finals.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
GJ wrote:

Baird once beat him in a PTC, right? But Ronnie won't lose to someone so inexperienced at the Worlds. Also I don't think Baird will get anywhere near the quarter finals.

Yeah me neither. And that PTC match <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> Ronnie didn't even wanna be there in the first.. don't know why he bothered turning up as he was so desinterested... anyway, what I'm really looking forward to watch is that match between Ali v Woolaston which I reckon could be high quality encounter and close.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:He bottled that match against Selby in Wales last year, so I don't think he'll be fearless. Plus playing an open game against an in form Bingo is suicide unless all the pots go in...

Remember it so well.. had a straightforward blue to middle and bottled it.. selby playing one of the worst I've ever seen from him and still won.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

vodkadiet wrote:Pretty awful fare so far. Higgins and Davis is set up nicely. Other than that it has been rubbish! Mark J Williams and Ebdon should retire from the sport. If Carter is ever going to beat O'Sullivan it should be here, as I don't think O'Sullivan is match sharp enough to beat someone playing well. Robertson vs Maguire looks a certainty.

Williams and Ebdon will continue playing for a long time. What else are they supposed to do?

Also who's saying Carter will be playing well? :wave:

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Pretty awful fare so far. Higgins and Davis is set up nicely. Other than that it has been rubbish! Mark J Williams and Ebdon should retire from the sport. If Carter is ever going to beat O'Sullivan it should be here, as I don't think O'Sullivan is match sharp enough to beat someone playing well. Robertson vs Maguire looks a certainty.

Williams and Ebdon will continue playing for a long time. What else are they supposed to do?

Also who's saying Carter will be playing well? :wave:

He will most likely as he always raises his game for the Worlds.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:He bottled that match against Selby in Wales last year, so I don't think he'll be fearless. Plus playing an open game against an in form Bingo is suicide unless all the pots go in...

Remember it so well.. had a straightforward blue to middle and bottled it.. selby playing one of the worst I've ever seen from him and still won.

Yeah, so do I. Afterwards I started a debate arguing Selby not being a worthy World No. 1 :john: