Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Sat 20th of April) Last 32 discussio

Postby Witz78

I dont know why the ever got rid of the globes beside the players chairs from the Embassy era

They always made it seem different and you definetly knew it was the Worlds, they were part of the tournament for me and i wish theyd stayed

the set is ten a penny and doesnt have that extra stamp of the worlds on it

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:I dont know why the ever got rid of the globes beside the players chairs from the Embassy era

They always made it seem different and you definetly knew it was the Worlds, they were part of the tournament for me and i wish theyd stayed

i agree it wasn't as if the Globes = tobacco sponsorship they were just a indication of the World.

Postby GJ

nice_shoes_ken wrote:How do you lot see the matches going tomorrow?

And what match you looking forward to the most?

RONNIE WIN

twitchfest between ricky and shortie

looking forward to m white v williams <ok> <ok>

Postby Wildey

nice_shoes_ken wrote:How do you lot see the matches going tomorrow?

And what match you looking forward to the most?

Looking forward to the Ronnie Return find out if he is as Good as Ebdon being Saying or just another Hype.

also Williams v White is interesting and Jack Lisowski Crucible debut he was Awesome in Qualifying 131, 128,114,100, 87, 78, 76, 71, 69, 67, 64, 58, 56, 54 and 51 in winning 20 frames.

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:a goldy YELLOW

robbos year aussie gold

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Were you one of the little boys then? :gag:

:? :? :parrot:

Postby Andre147

Witz78 wrote:I dont know why the ever got rid of the globes beside the players chairs from the Embassy era

yeah definately agree with that Witz, the Globes were part of the World's own identity and it's a shame they got rid of it..

But to be honest I'm more than used to it now cause it's been a long time since we last saw them at the Worlds 2005.

The yeallow colour isn't that bad, we'll just have to stick with it as it is the sponsors colour I guess... it's better than the one they had at the Worlds 1986.

Postby GJ

Jewell wrote:
Smart wrote:very yellow <ok>

DINGs year <ok>

I detect a hint of racism in your post, and I would like it to be known that I am disgusted by this kind of small-minded behaviour.

Your a homophobe which is as bad

Postby Wildey

SteveJJ wrote:
John Parrott wrote:O'Sullivan has not had a competitive match for 11 months

What would we do without such expert opinions as this gem from Mr Parrott on the bbc website? 11 months? September wasn't that long ago, John.

thats even worst he lost to BEDFORD :shock:

Postby Wildey

hendry_fan wrote:COME ON MARCUS CAMPBELL!!.

Hmmm,am i the only one who wants Marcus to win?!. <laugh>

anything that puts a sock in jewell's mouth is ok with me <ok>

COME ON MARCUS :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

the problem with having the BBC Coverage starting this morning is by the Time the Programe starts at 10am and then Hazel talking Davis and Parrott analyzing and the introduction it will be closer to 10.15 by the time play starts.

Postby hendry_fan

Wild WC wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:COME ON MARCUS CAMPBELL!!.

Hmmm,am i the only one who wants Marcus to win?!. <laugh>

anything that puts a sock in jewell's mouth is ok with me <ok>

COME ON MARCUS :hatoff:

<laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> Wild WC <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

Marcus is not only gonna beat pumpkin Ronnie,he,s gonna win this tournament and will be crowned the World Snooker Champion 2013. :happy:

Postby Smart

Wild WC wrote:the problem with having the BBC Coverage starting this morning is by the Time the Programe starts at 10am and then Hazel talking Davis and Parrott analyzing and the introduction it will be closer to 10.15 by the time play starts.

Eurosport eliminates that problem. :wave:

Postby Smart

Jewell wrote:
Smart wrote:very yellow <ok>

DINGs year <ok>

I detect a hint of racism in your post, and I would like it to be known that I am disgusted by this kind of small-minded behaviour.

ChinaHuang (yellow) is a common surname, but does not refer to the East Asian race as was popular in Western languages until recently. However, the Yellow Emperor was a legendary founder of China. Yellow is also identified with the "center" cardinal direction (blue-east, red-south, white-west, black-north) while China is known as Zhongguo "middle kingdom".

White (白 bai) means "plain" or "free of charge" in many common expressions and was not traditionally used to refer to Europeans or descendants, who were usually identified as "洋人" (yáng rén, "people from [across the] ocean") or some variety of "barbarians" with reddish or pinkish skin colors (e.g. Minnan ang mo, "red-haired"). Contemporary Chinese, has, however, adopted Western usage to a large extent. Black (黑 hei) is typically applied to those of African race today. However, the term "black resident" (黑户) also refers to unregistered rural migrants in cities (as in black market).

Names of ethnic minorities sometimes contain colors, not to indicate skin color, but simply for identification, possibly based on traditional clothing or geographical direction.

Red, Black, Blue/Green, White, Flowery (multicolored) Miao (Hmong)
the Bai (literally White) are a lowland people of Yunnan
Black Bone and White Bone Yi
The Qing dynasty Manchu military were divided into Eight Banners identified by color and with ethnic associations
The Five Races Under One Union theory of national unity can be visualized through an old ROC flag and a variant which emphasized Han administration while de-emphasizing the top-to-bottom hierarchy found in the original flag. Red - Han, Yellow - Manchu, Blue - Mongol, White - Hui and Black - Tibetan.

:wave: