Topic locked

Re: Crucible Countdown 2013

Postby Smart

snooky147 wrote:Golfing crap removed. Don't post it again. Keep this ON TOPIC PLEASE.
I'll be fitting a new motherboard, cpu, fan, memory and graphics card to this PC tomorrow
but I'll keep up to date on the tablet.
Hope everyone gets who they want.

PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC, FINAL WARNING :no:

Postby Smart

Lucky wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Lucky wrote:So how will BH want the 'random' draw to go?

A big Ronnie vs Ebdon grudge match.

Thats what i thought....but would he run the risk of ronnie going home before the events really started. I fancy ronnie will get some cannon fodder.

Hendo has retired though, so Campbell instead <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:SELBY VS SELTY!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I knew you would be celebrating at that one <ok> :wave:

I've been waiting for so long.....

Postby PLtheRef

Wild WC wrote:Robart Milkins hasent played at the Crucible since 2005 when he lost 10-1 to Mark Williams with a 147 thrown in.

2006 Last 48 Lost 10-4 to Mark Selby
2007 Last 48 Lost 10-4 to Mark Allen
2008 Last 64 Lost 10-4 to Barry Pinches
2009 Last 80 Lost 10-7 to Jamie Jones
2010 Last 64 Lost 10-8 to Mike Dunn
2011 Last 48 Lost 10-6 to Martin Gould
2012 Last 48 Lost 10-5 to Mark Davis

To tell the truth, that surprised me somewhat. Thought he'd qualified since then, but the stats don't lie.

12 different faces at the Crucible this year. Campbell, Woollaston, Baird, Milkins, Holt, White, Poomjaeng, King, McManus, Lisowski and Selt replacing, Lee, Liang, Brecel, Jones, Liu, Gilbert, Perry, Higginson, Doherty, Day, Cao and Hendry

By a strange quirk of coincidence, the four players who qualified this year at EIS that were present in last year's Crucible cast have all ended up in quarter two

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
Casey wrote:What time is the draw?

1.30pm, today, its on TALKSPORT if you want to tune in for it :wave:

Or if you prefer, it'll be up on the World Snooker websited by Thursday afternoon. :hatoff:

Postby randam05

I might do that face mash up thing for a quiz again including all this years players in WC in build up to the tournament!

Postby PLtheRef

Wild WC wrote:Head to Heads

Ronnie O’Sullivan v Marcus Campbell (Head to Head Ronnie Leads 4-0)
Allister Carter v Ben Woollaston(Head to Head Woollaston Leads 1-0)
Stuart Bingham v Sam Baird(Head to Head Baird Leads 1-0)
John Higgins v Mark Davis(Head to Head Higgins Leads 4-3)
Shaun Murphy v Martin Gould(Head to Head Murphy Leads 6-0)
Graeme Dott v Peter Ebdon(Head to Head Ebdon Leads 7-4)
Matthew Stevens v Marco Fu(Head to Head Stevens Leads 8-5)
Judd Trump v Dominic Dale(Head to Head Trump Leads 4-0)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neil Robertson v Robert Milkins(Head to Head Robertson Leads 1-0)
Ricky Walden v Michael Holt(Head to Head Holt Leads 3-2)
Mark J Williams v Michael White(Head to Head White Leads 1-0)
Stephen Maguire v Dechawat Poomjaeng(Head to Head Poomjaeng Leads 1-0)
Mark Allen v Mark King(Head to Head 6-6 with 2 Draws)
Ding Junhui v Alan McManus(Head to Head Ding Leads 1-0)
Barry Hawkins v Jack Lisowski(Head to Head Lisowski Leads 1-0)
Mark Selby v Matthew Selt(Head to Head Selby Leads 1-0)

With that it'd be interesting to see how it develops with the other games

So for instance carrying on with O'Sullivan v Woollaston, Higgins v Baird, Murphy v Ebdon, Stevens v Trump and so on down to Selby v Lisowski

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:I might do that face mash up thing for a quiz again including all this years players in WC in build up to the tournament!

:hatoff:

That was brilliant.

Postby simplysnooker

SnookerFan wrote:
simplysnooker wrote:donkey doo draw

What you moaning about? Looks alright to me.

rofl <laugh> :no:

Game I'm most looking forward to is Higgins/Davis, especially after their recent match at the UK

Postby Dannyboy

Ronnie gets the "Campbell bye" then.

Watching his qualifier, the Rob Milkins game versus Robbo could be a fiery encounter. On so many occasions, Robert almost exploded.

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:
randam05 wrote:I might do that face mash up thing for a quiz again including all this years players in WC in build up to the tournament!

That was brilliant.

Ill go ahead then. Also ive put a little quiz up to keep you busy ;-)

Postby Skullman

My thoughts:

1. Ronnie has Campbell. While the scoreline maybe closer than some expect, there's only one winner. Only easier opponents would be Selt or Poomjaeng imo.
2. Carter and Woolaston could be a cracker. Carter will want to well as will Ben and I think we'll have a good match. I think Carter will win, just, using his experience and maybe some more carrot juice magic.
3. Both attacking players, but I think Bingo will have this. Baird basically bottled his last proper match at a venue against Selby last year, and Bingo's having the season of his life.
4. Higgins v Mavis. Tough one, Higgins has been poor, but the only long match he played, he was awesome. Plus Mavis might let the occasion get to him...
5. Smurph win. His tactical game, while not being brilliant is enough to handle Gould and let's face it, Gould won't spoil the table, he'll play and an open game which is where Smurph plays best. Plus the H2H.
6. Purist's game. All about Dott, if he lets Ebdon get to him, it could be trouble. He's plays more attacking these days and if Selby messed with his head at the Masters, what will Ebdon be able to do over two sessions?
7. Good match, and should be closer than last year's one. They're pretty even on the head to heads this season, so it's all on the day.
8. See Ronnie match comments, change names.
9. Robbo will have too much for Milkins, and can frustrate him if need be, although he won't need to.
10. Going to be a nervy one and probably similar to matches this weekend in the qualifiers. Holt's only won once against Hunter when he had cancer, and Walden has never won here.
11. Welsh clash. Difficult to decide. MJW has the advantage in experience, White has better form, although MJW can turn it on. Don't know how well they know each other off the table, and how that will affect things. I'd say MJW if pushed.
12. Mags win.
13. Allen win, although King will make it hard for him. Think it'll be a comfortable Allen win, but scoreline will be a bit flattering.
14. Ding win, as his Crucible record may not be the best, but Angles hasn't been here for 7 years and will let that get to him a bit. Plus he's not got the scoring power these days. And I'm not seeing a Ding bottle job like last year.
15. Lisowski will be up for it, all about what Hawkins can do to stop him.
16. Selby win.

Postby Skullman

Oh and ties of the round:

Carter v Woolaston
Higgins v Mavis
Smurph v Gould
Stevens v Fu
Hawkins v Lisowksi
Williams v White

Postby Witz78

For me the fact the 2nd round schedule has been changed so much, means the focus has already switched to maximising the nights out, and praying for favourable weather. Anything else is a bonus but im sensing a trip similar to 2011s when i saw less than 10% of frames id tickets for

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:For me the fact the 2nd round schedule has been changed so much, means the focus has already switched to maximising the nights out, and praying for favourable weather. Anything else is a bonus but im sensing a trip similar to 2011s when i saw less than 10% of frames id tickets for

why not just go to sheffield stay in a sleazy hotel and forget all about the snooker.

more money for alcohol and prostitutes if you dont buy tickets <ok>

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:My thoughts:

1. Ronnie has Campbell. While the scoreline maybe closer than some expect, there's only one winner. Only easier opponents would be Selt or Poomjaeng imo.
2. Carter and Woolaston could be a cracker. Carter will want to well as will Ben and I think we'll have a good match. I think Carter will win, just, using his experience and maybe some more carrot juice magic.
3. Both attacking players, but I think Bingo will have this. Baird basically bottled his last proper match at a venue against Selby last year, and Bingo's having the season of his life.
4. Higgins v Mavis. Tough one, Higgins has been poor, but the only long match he played, he was awesome. Plus Mavis might let the occasion get to him...
5. Smurph win. His tactical game, while not being brilliant is enough to handle Gould and let's face it, Gould won't spoil the table, he'll play and an open game which is where Smurph plays best. Plus the H2H.
6. Purist's game. All about Dott, if he lets Ebdon get to him, it could be trouble. He's plays more attacking these days and if Selby messed with his head at the Masters, what will Ebdon be able to do over two sessions?
7. Good match, and should be closer than last year's one. They're pretty even on the head to heads this season, so it's all on the day.
8. See Ronnie match comments, change names.
9. Robbo will have too much for Milkins, and can frustrate him if need be, although he won't need to.
10. Going to be a nervy one and probably similar to matches this weekend in the qualifiers. Holt's only won once against Hunter when he had cancer, and Walden has never won here.
11. Welsh clash. Difficult to decide. MJW has the advantage in experience, White has better form, although MJW can turn it on. Don't know how well they know each other off the table, and how that will affect things. I'd say MJW if pushed.
12. Mags win.
13. Allen win, although King will make it hard for him. Think it'll be a comfortable Allen win, but scoreline will be a bit flattering.
14. Ding win, as his Crucible record may not be the best, but Angles hasn't been here for 7 years and will let that get to him a bit. Plus he's not got the scoring power these days. And I'm not seeing a Ding bottle job like last year.
15. Lisowski will be up for it, all about what Hawkins can do to stop him.
16. Selby win.

rofl <ok> Loved that, very true.

A very good analysis, agree with almost everything you said.

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:
Witz78 wrote:For me the fact the 2nd round schedule has been changed so much, means the focus has already switched to maximising the nights out, and praying for favourable weather. Anything else is a bonus but im sensing a trip similar to 2011s when i saw less than 10% of frames id tickets for

why not just go to sheffield stay in a sleazy hotel and forget all about the snooker.

more money for alcohol and prostitutes if you dont buy tickets <ok>

the 250quids worth of tickets is an insurance policy just incase something floats my boat

plus of course i need the option of entry into the bar and bookies :no:

Postby simplysnooker

Hoping for a lot more closer matches this year, believe there were only 3 that went to a last frame last year. I seem to recall many matches being one sided affairs.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
simplysnooker wrote:BBC are showing the first morning session on BBC2, wonder who could be playing?

rofl

Yeah only cause it's Ronnie..

Not coomplaining though :-D :-D :-D