Post a reply

Re: The Crucible Draw

Postby Wildey

i know people gets excited this time of year for the World but ive never been like that.

Each Match each tournament is just as important as the World Championship for me so as soon as the china open is over ill look forward to it but until then The PTC GF is the one im looking forward to

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:witz

has bournes fancy red head retired from crucible

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Beckys too busy entering her boxer dog into competitions these days to bother with the snooker <ok>

I voted for her dog on that. rofl

Postby Witz78

so did i

ive still had about 100 please vote for Roxy things pop up since i voted mind you haha

Postby Wildey

Having looked at the PTC and China open draws this is my predictions of how the Top 16 seeds will finish off after the China Open.

1. Ronnie O'Sullivan
16. Ali Carter
----------
9. Stuart Bingham
8. Mark Allen
----------
5. Shaun Murphy
12. Graeme Dott
----------
13. Matthew Stevens
4. Neil Robertson
-----------------------------------------------------
3. Judd Trump
14. Ricky Walden
----------
11. Mark Williams
6. John Higgins
----------
7. Stephen Maguire
10. Ding Junhui
----------
15. Barry Hawkins
2. Mark Selby

Postby GJ

bottom half looks loaded in that draw

Postby GJ

a question

as ronnie is well down rankings and alot of qualifiers will be higher ranked than him does he sit on the left or right chair in his opener

Postby GJ

GJ wrote:a question

as ronnie is well down rankings and alot of qualifiers will be higher ranked than him does he sit on the left or right chair in his opener

:wave: :wave:

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:

dont know

but my guess he will sit on the left as top seed

Postby GJ

Wild WC wrote:
GJ wrote:

dont know

my reason i ased was that i think seating depnds on ranking not seeding

Postby GJ

Jewell wrote:
GJ wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
GJ wrote:

dont know

my reason i ased was that i think seating depnds on ranking not seeding

Seating depends on who has possession of the trophy. <ok>

incorrect <ok>

Postby GJ

i seem to recall murphy v ebdon in 06 when shaun was defending champ peter sat in the right seat

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/snooker/4943656.stm

click on highlights of shaun v ebdon

and shuan was in lower seeded seat despite being defending wc

thats the proof you needed then mate

Postby GJ

it is

care to respond jewell :gag: :gag:

:parrot:

Postby Roland

Who the buck cares who the buck sits where?

Postby GJ

it looks strange lol

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Who the buck cares who the buck sits where?

says the man that got a strop about not being able to go to the barbican balcony <laugh>

Postby GJ

Wild WC wrote:
Sonny wrote:Who the buck cares who the buck sits where?

says the man that got a strop about not being able to go to the barbican balcony <laugh>

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Postby Roland

The PTC reaches the final and considering there were meant to be too many changes to bother doing this provisional draw, it's not changed a jot since after the World Open and will change very little before it's set in stone.

With Ding facing Robbo in the PTC final, it means if Ding wins he swaps places with Bingham in the provisional draw and away from Judd's section and into Ronnie's.

As it stands before the PTC final:

1. Ronnie O'Sullivan
16. Ali Carter
----------
9, Stuart Bingham
8. Stephen Maguire
----------
5. John Higgins
12. Matthew Stevens
----------
13. Graeme Dott
4. Neil Robertson
-----------------------------------------------------
3. Mark Selby
14. Barry Hawkins
----------
11. Mark Williams
6. Mark Allen
----------
7. Shaun Murphy
10. Ding Junhui
----------
15. Ricky Walden
2. Judd Trump

Postby Skullman

China Open will cause most of the changes, having 7000 points on offer to the PTC Grand Finals' 3000.

Think Ding would prefer to be in Judd's section, with Judd not firing on all cylinders since the International and Ding having a fair few mental scars against Ronnie.

Postby Casey

Allen due to line up against Selby in the QF :irk: Judd has 7000 points to defend so it's likely Selby and he will swap places.

Postby Andre147

Jewell wrote:Allen is my dark-horse for the Crucible. I have sneaky feeling for an Allen vs Ronnie final.

Yeah Allen can definately reach the final as he is much more strong mentally than he was,for instance, in 2009 when he reached those semis, losing to Higgins. Ronnie on the other hand Jewel.. being a fan of him,I would obviously love that, but I reckon it will be very very difficult for Ronnie having not played at all.

I would like Ding to have a good run. And my dark-horse for the Crucible is actually Murphy... yeah he hasn't been in good form in recent tourneys but I reckon he will finish the season strongly with good runs in either China Open or Worlds, maybe both if he's up for it, but I put my money on the Worlds.

Could prove me wrong though and carry his bad patch of form, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens in the last 2 rankers of this 2012/2013 season.

Postby Roland

Murphy hasn't got a sniff!

Postby Skullman

He's one of those players who can flatten anyone when they're playing well. Sort of like Maguire but with a better temperment and no Crucible issues. It's difficult to tie someone in knots when they're potting everything.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:He's one of those players who can flatten anyone when they're playing well. Sort of like Maguire but with a better temperment and no Crucible issues. It's difficult to tie someone in knots when they're potting everything.

the thing with Murphy he hasn't got a weapon that's better than anyone else.

Safety play there's so much better tacticians Selby, Higgins, Robertson, Ronnie, Dott (when he bloody uses it) etc

Break building you got Ronnie, Ding, Higgins, Allen, Selby etc

even with Long Potting Neil Robertson and Judd Trump is more consistent

Postby Skullman

And yet he has a World title while half those players don't. I agree his all round game's not the best but I don't think he can be discounted. He's not my tip to win but to say he hasn't got a sniff is silly.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:And yet he has a World title while half those players don't. I agree his all round game's not the best but I don't think he can be discounted. He's not my tip to win but to say he hasn't got a sniff is silly.

yea but he blasted his way through in 2005 surprising everyone on route but since then hes not really pushed on with only 3 other ranking titles

Malta Cup 2007
UK 2008
PTC GF 2011

even Mark Williams after his dominant period in early 2000s has had as Good a record than Murphy since 2005.

Postby Wildey

if Ali Carter loses his opening match to Jamie Cope or Muhammad Asif in china and Mark Davis beats Dechawat Poomjaeng or Zhu Yinghui then Ali Carter will have to qualify for the Crucible and Davis will have to look over his shoulder from the challenge of Marco Fu but Marco will have to win the Title.