Post a reply

Re: The Crucible Draw

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Why would Hendry enter in pre-qualifiers anyway?

Isnt he still officially ranked in the top 64 anyway still so he might as well enter at that stage if he wishes to enter the Worlds (which i highly doubt, though i wouldnt be surprised to see him reappear in future seasons given the new structure)

yup

hes stil eligible to play in the Last 64 stage of the World Championship.

i think he might appear somewhere in a few years but at the moment hes just not interested in playing.

Postby daraghj82

Jewell wrote:Slagging off Hendry whilst he's retired just isn't the same as slagging him off whilst he is still in competition. That's why I want him to enter. <ok>

it would be great if stephen entered the wc in the next few years in the retired wc section , who knows what might happen , :-)

Postby Muppet147

Jewell wrote:Ding's got no chance, mate. He lacks the required attention span. <ok>

He has a good chance. He had a great run two years ago and it took a superb Judd Trump to beat him.

O'Sullivan, though, is the most likely. This would take him up to five world titles - a figure commensurate with his skill.

Postby Smart

Muppet147 wrote:
Jewell wrote:Ding's got no chance, mate. He lacks the required attention span. <ok>

He has a good chance. He had a great run two years ago and it took a superb Judd Trump to beat him.

O'Sullivan, though, is the most likely. This would take him up to five world titles - a figure commensurate with his skill.

4+1 = 5 :wave:

well done muppet <ok>

Postby Andy Spark

Wild WC wrote:

Isnt he still officially ranked in the top 64 anyway still so he might as well enter at that stage if he wishes to enter the Worlds (which i highly doubt, though i wouldnt be surprised to see him reappear in future seasons given the new structure)

yup

i think he might appear somewhere in a few years but at the moment hes just not interested in playing.

I would be surprised if he picks up his cue again in pro competition, he says he enjoys being retired, has plenty of work offers and I believe he loves winning to the extent that the prospect of losing to a much younger man who'll never win a ranking event is profoundly irritating to him.

Postby Andre147

Andy Spark wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

yup

I would be surprised if he picks up his cue again in pro competition, he says he enjoys being retired, has plenty of work offers and I believe he loves winning to the extent that the prospect of losing to a much younger man who'll never win a ranking event is profoundly irritating to him.

Yes I also think he won't play again, as least not in a close future and if he were to only the World Champs I reckon. Yeah he's enjoying things outside the professional snooker world, so I don't think he'll be too bothered to play, cause as you say he would most certainly lose in the opening round of qualifiying, not saying that he still isn't good enough to win a couple of macthes, but not that many I reckon cause of lack of playing competitively and more so cause he has other interests in his life now. The closest we'll see him is when he comments at this year's Worlds for the BBC, not much than that.

Postby GJ

Higgins is out of quarter 2

:D :D

Postby GJ

if allen and murphy reach round 2 in china

higgins is in ronnies quarter

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:if allen and murphy reach round 2 in china

higgins is in ronnies quarter

yea Higgins already down to 6th seed for the World with maguire above him

could have in that Quarter Ronnie, Higgins and Ding

Postby GJ

if robbo wins this china open he goes ahead of judd to 3rd seed possibly maybe 2nd depending on how selby does this week

Postby Wildey

After the Murphy v Higginson Match

1. Ronnie O'Sullivan
16. Ali Carter
----------
9, Ding Junhui
8. Mark Allen
----------
5. Shaun Murphy
12. Mark Williams
----------
13. Matthew Stevens
4. Neil Robertson
-----------------------------------------------------
3. Mark Selby
14. Barry Hawkins
----------
11. Graeme Dott
6. Stephen Maguire
----------
7. John Higgins
10. Stuart Bingham
----------
15. Ricky Walden
2. Judd Trump

Postby Roland

I was going to do that later :taz:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I was going to do that later :taz:

sorry :emb:

Postby Wildey

whats Great about this year is this Run up to the Crucible.

Last year Going in to the Crucible Ricky Walden was Ranked no 15 after the China open but he Failed to qualify for the Tournament because seeding was done 2 months earlier with World Open, PTC GF and China Open to be played.

Walden lost 10-2 by Jamie Jones at the EISS.

Postby Casey

Wild WC wrote:After the Murphy v Higginson Match

1. Ronnie O'Sullivan
16. Ali Carter
----------
9, Ding Junhui
8. Mark Allen
----------
5. Shaun Murphy
12. Mark Williams
----------
13. Matthew Stevens
4. Neil Robertson
3. Mark Selby
14. Barry Hawkins
----------
11. Graeme Dott
6. Stephen Maguire
----------
7. John Higgins
10. Stuart Bingham
----------
15. Ricky Walden
2. Judd Trump

Jeeze, Allen needs to win his first match, big difference in playing Bingham than Ding.

Postby Muppet147

GJ wrote:if robbo wins this china open he goes ahead of judd to 3rd seed possibly maybe 2nd depending on how selby does this week

Don't worry. That won't be happening.

Postby GJ

robbo v stevens round 2 at worlds

i suppose they have played a ranking final , a semi so a worlds match is the missing piece.

robbo raises it in bbc events

Postby GJ

abit premature

if hawkins or walden make quarters in china then robbo will face one of those 2 not stevens

Postby Roland

The latest:

The Crucible Draw

Postby Sonny » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:39 am
Updated 27th March 11:00am

1. Ronnie O'Sullivan
16. Ali Carter
----------
9, Ding Junhui
8. Mark Allen
----------
5. Shaun Murphy
12. Graeme Dott
----------
13. Matthew Stevens
4. Neil Robertson
3. Mark Selby
14. Ricky Walden
----------
11. Mark Williams
6. Stephen Maguire
----------
7. John Higgins
10. Stuart Bingham
----------
15. Barry Hawkins
2. Judd Trump

Postby Casey

Why are some highlighted in blue?

Ding missed his chance to move into the top 8 by losing in the first round, that is going to make things all the more difficult for him come the WC.

Postby Roland

Blue are the latest movers and shakers since the day began. Basically Williams has moved above Dott with his win over Haotian and Walden has moved above Hawkins despite both winning I think because Walden automatically qualified for the venue so was on 980 points before R1 whereas Hawkins was on 1960 having qualified for the venue.

Postby Wildey

has anyone thought with all the changes thats happening who said 1 had to play 16 etc.

Barry might throw all that out.

Postby GJ

Wild WC wrote:has anyone thought with all the changes thats happening who said 1 had to play 16 etc.

Barry might throw all that out.

in tennis slams

its 1-4 v 13-16 random

4-8 v 9-12 random

Postby Roland

The seeded draw is a standard layout used across lots of different sports and has been the same at the Crucible for donkey's years. There is no reason to jiggle it around and if they did it would be a fix.

Postby Casey

I think it needs to stay as it is and it’s added incentive to be make it into the top 4 or 8.

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:I think it needs to stay as it is and it’s added incentive to be make it into the top 4 or 8.

yea but you could say the same about not making all events Flat 128 and keeping points rankings.

so that there's points in the season where being Top 16 is a Bigger Advantage especially having a rolling ranking system.

Postby GJ

ding moves from quarter 1 to quarter 4 after binghams win over liang