Post a reply

Re: The Crucible Draw

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:ding moves from quarter 1 to quarter 4 after binghams win over liang

Today John Higgins and Stuart Bingham has moved together Holding hands and everything from Quarter 4 to Quarter 1.

Postby GJ

Wild WC wrote:
GJ wrote:ding moves from quarter 1 to quarter 4 after binghams win over liang

Today John Higgins and Stuart Bingham has moved together Holding hands and everything from Quarter 4 to Quarter 1.

<ok> <laugh>

Postby Roland

1. Ronnie O'Sullivan
16. Ali Carter
----------
9. Stuart Bingham
8. John Higgins
----------
5. Mark Allen
12. Graeme Dott
----------
13. Matthew Stevens
4. Neil Robertson
-----------------------------------------------------
3. Mark Selby
14. Ricky Walden
----------
11. Mark Williams
6. Shaun Murphy
----------
7. Stephen Maguire
10. Ding Junhui
----------
15. Barry Hawkins
2. Judd Trump

A few scenarios:

If Mark Selby beats Ricky Walden he moves above Judd Trump to provisional WN1 and Crucible seed 2. If he loses to Walden then Neil Robertson can overtake him by reaching the final. Similarly if he beats Walden and loses in the quarter-final then Robbo would have to win the title to overtake him.

In order to overtake Judd, Robbo needs to win the title. These 3 along with Ronnie O'Sullivan will be the top 4 seeds no matter what else happens. In short, look for Robbo to reach the China Open final and beyond to possibly drop down to the bottom half of the draw.

Mark Davis currently occupies unlucky 16 and he faces Jack Lisowski in round 2. To stand any chance of being seeded at the Crucible he needs to win this match as well as the winner of Shaun Murphy and Rory McLeod in the quarter-final, and only then if Ali Carter loses to Mark Williams in round 2. So basically it's not looking good for him at this moment in time, but it is still in his hands.

No other player can get themselves into the seedings mix from lower down the rankings (e.g. Rob Milkins wins the title) but if Mark Davis wins the title beating Ali Carter in the semis then Barry Hawkins would move down to 16th and have to qualify, but only if he loses to Stephen Maguire in round 2. This is the only scenario whereby a player other than Carter or Davis finishes 16th.

Mark Williams can jump above Ding Junhui with 2 more wins whereas Graeme Dott requires more than that to catch either. At the moment though, my money is on Ding and Selby finishing in the bottom section.

John Higgins will remain in the top section of the draw (Ronnie's section). He can only be caught if Stuart Bingham wins the title, but a switch between seeds 8 and 9 does not affect the draw.

Finally, watch out for how Shaun Murphy, Stephen Maguire and Mark Allen fare this weekend as there are only 940 points separating them with thousands still to play for.

Looking further down the list, Peter Ebdon currently occupies WN31 which is the last place seeded through to the last qualifying round. This is now safe as neither Jack Lisowski or Rory McLeod from the next seeding bracket can jump up a round in the qualifying draw even if they win the China Open.

Latest provisional rankings http://www.prosnookerblog.com/rankings/ ... -seedings/

Postby GJ

Great work sonny

<cool>

Postby Skullman

Loaded bottom quarter now, while Selby looks to be in the easiest quarter.

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:Loaded bottom quarter now, while Selby looks to be in the easiest quarter.

if he beats walden he will be in that loaded quarter
Last edited by GJ on 27 Mar 2013, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Wildey

Players Ranked 16 to 33 will be seeded in the final Qualifying round because of Stephen Lee's Suspension Fergal O'Brien is currently 33rd.

Rory McLeod or Jack Lisowski can get in to that bracket replacing Fergal if they win the Tournament on sunday.

Postby GJ

I actually dont mind whos in robbos quarter as i think winning the china event will give him more confidence and he will be on a big high heading to sheffield.

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:
Skullman wrote:Loaded bottom quarter now, while Selby looks to be in the easiest quarter.

Good. Nothing better to prove you're the best than beating the top top players <ok>

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:
GJ wrote:

Good. Nothing better to prove you're the best than beating the top top players <ok>

agree 100 % that is why i said i would rather robbo win china and have a tougher words draw than lose early in china and have an easier draw because a confident robbo si a bigger threat than robbo low on confidence,

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:
GJ wrote:

agree 100 % that is why i said i would rather robbo win china and have a tougher words draw than lose early in china and have an easier draw because a confident robbo si a bigger threat than robbo low on confidence,

Postby Skullman

1. Ronnie O'Sullivan
16. Ali Carter
----------
9. Stuart Bingham
8. John Higgins
----------
5. Mark Allen
12. Graeme Dott
----------
13. Matthew Stevens
4. Neil Robertson
3. Judd Trump
14. Ricky Walden
----------
11. Mark Williams
6. Shaun Murphy
----------
7. Stephen Maguire
10. Ding Junhui
----------
15. Barry Hawkins
2. Mark Selby

No big changes today. Only Selby and Judd have swapped and now all seeds 12 and below are fixed.

Robbo can overtake Judd and Selby if he won the tournament and Selby lost against MJW tomorrow, so Judd could potentially be in the top half, but Selby is fixed for the bottom half.

Smurph and Mags are separated by 80 points so whoever advances furthest will be ahead. If both lose in the same round, they'll stay where they are. If one wins tomorrow Allen will be pushed down to 6th seed. If both win, Allen will be pushed to 7th and will face Ding most likely.

Bingo can go to 8th seed if wins the title but there will be no practical change as he'll still face Higgins who'll swap with him.

MJW can overtake Ding if he gets to the final and if wins the title he'll take Bingo place (Higgins v MJW semi anyone?)

Postby Roland

That's me out of a job!

Postby Roland

Updated 28th March 7:45pm

1. Ronnie O'Sullivan 41,360
16. Ali Carter 52,895
----------
9. Stuart Bingham 61,740 (62,720 - 63,840 - 65,240)
8. John Higgins 64,955
----------
5. Mark Allen 66,060
12. Graeme Dott 56,100
----------
13. Matthew Stevens 55,060
4. Neil Robertson 75,960 (76,940 - 78,060 - 79,460)
3. Judd Trump 78,320
14. Ricky Walden 54,765
----------
11. Mark Williams 58,260 (59,240 - 60,360 - 61,760)
6. Shaun Murphy 66,040 (67,020 - 68,140 - 69,540)
----------
7. Stephen Maguire 65,960 (66,940 - 68,060 - 69,460)
10. Ding Junhui 59,300
----------
15. Barry Hawkins 54,680
2. Mark Selby 78,840 (79,820 - 80,740 - 82,340)

Green = confirmed seedings

Bold = still in the China Open, figures in brackets are the points available for finishing semi-final, runner-up and winner

Lower down the order Fergal O'Brien is ranked 33 with 36,740 points. Last night I mistakenly (or carelessly) thought that Peter Ebdon in 31st place was the last man in the final qualifying round but of course with Stephen Lee not playing and Ronnie getting top seed that means Fergal is the one currently recycling himself over the progress of Jack Lisowski who sits on 34,625 points. Actually though Jack needs to win the China Open as reaching the final would leave him just 15 agonising points short.

I'll leave you to study the draw for yourself and work out which sessions you think you want to book tickets or time off work for. There are a number of different scenarios left but overall the draw will end up pretty balanced.

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:The seeded draw is a standard layout used across lots of different sports and has been the same at the Crucible for donkey's years. There is no reason to jiggle it around and if they did it would be a fix.

Barry told me personally there will be no change to the way the draw is done. I am only passing on what I was told in person whilst playing poker and sipping champagne with the old cocknerny wheeler dealer. :pal:

Postby Roland

Yeah, doesn't get any easier than Ding and Allen :redneck:

Postby Roland

Updated 29th March 9:45am

16. Ali Carter 52,895
----------
9. Stuart Bingham 61,740 (62,720 - 63,840 - 65,240)
8. John Higgins 64,955
----------
5. Shaun Murphy 67,020 (68,140 - 69,540)
12. Graeme Dott 56,100
----------
3. Judd Trump 78,320
14. Ricky Walden 54,765
----------
11. Mark Williams 58,260
6. Mark Allen 66,060
----------
7. Stephen Maguire 65,960 (66,940 - 68,060 - 69,460)
10. Ding Junhui 59,300
----------
15. Barry Hawkins 54,680
2. Mark Selby 79,820 (80,740 - 82,340)

Red = confirmed seedings

Bold = still in the China Open, figures in brackets are the points available for finishing semi-final, runner-up and winner

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:Yeah, doesn't get any easier than Ding and Allen :redneck:

watch the conclusion of this match......one of the most remarkable ways to ever lose a match. <ok>

ps handsome fella in the Barca away shirt on the front row :hatoff:

Postby Roland

Yep, that was careless of the tournament last year.

Postby GJ

i hope bingham beats mags as its better if the worlds draw is more balanced so we get more big hitters in quarters and losing allen or ding before quarters would be a shame.

Postby Roland

I think so too although Mags would be in the Selby/Ding quarter if he loses and he's a big hitter so it doesn't make a difference really. I'd like to see Allen in Judd's section because it would be a cracker but equally Allen/Ding would be as well.

Postby GJ

if it works out that way i hope for bottom 2 quarter finals

judd v allen

ding v selby

CRACKERS

top 1 maybe ronnie v higgns as well

quarter 2 robbo v murphy

Postby Roland

that would indeed be a very tasty QF line up

Postby Smart

GJ wrote:if it works out that way i hope for bottom 2 quarter finals

judd v allen

ding v selby

CRACKERS

top 1 maybe ronnie v higgns as well

quarter 2 robbo v murphy

Basher Judd is highly likely to choke vs whoever, I think this is a very likely scenario out in R1 or R2. <ok>

Postby Roland

Updated 29th March 2:00pm

16. Ali Carter 52,895
----------
9. Stuart Bingham 61,740
8. John Higgins 64,955

----------
5. Shaun Murphy 67,020 (68,140 - 69,540)
12. Graeme Dott 56,100
----------
3. Judd Trump 78,320
14. Ricky Walden 54,765
----------
11. Mark Williams 58,260
6. Stephen Maguire 66,940 (68,060 - 69,460)
----------
7. Mark Allen 66,060
10. Ding Junhui 59,300
----------
15. Barry Hawkins 54,680
2. Mark Selby 79,820 (80,740 - 82,340)

Red = confirmed seedings

Postby Roland

Interesting to note how many finals those players in the top half have played each other in at the Crucible.

Postby Casey

:irk:

It's hard to see Allen winning it now - he would have to beat - Ding, Selby, Trump and then prob Robbo or Higgins. >-(

Ronnie gets a number 1 seeding :irk: I know that's the way it's always been but never has it been so unfair on others.

Postby Thorpy

It's about time I registered on here!

Looks like Trump has played a blinder here. Getting himself knocked out in round 1 has really stitched Selby up in the bottom quarter with arguably three of the strongest players outside of the top 4 seeds in Allen (my particular fancy for the title) Ding and Hawkins.