Post a reply

Re: World Championship 2013 Roll call

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:yes im starting to get similar thoughts / fears.

Worst that can happen is you watch the snooker in Tudor Square on the big screen though so not all bad

When are you going? I'm going to go the 2nd weekend for a change. Land on the Friday the 26th.

I will do a daily check on the seats between now and then, hopefully some will come in and like you said worse case is take the weekend atmosphere of Tudor square

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:
Witz78 wrote:yes im starting to get similar thoughts / fears.

Worst that can happen is you watch the snooker in Tudor Square on the big screen though so not all bad

When are you going? I'm going to go the 2nd weekend for a change. Land on the Friday the 26th.

I will do a daily check on the seats between now and then, hopefully some will come in and like you said worse case is take the weekend atmosphere of Tudor square

people like witz baying tickets and sitting in Tudor Square is making it difficult for others to get Tickets.

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:just booked the Mercure for 2 nights, arrive 28th, depart 30th............no tickets - so its big breakfasts and lazy lunchtime drinking and catch what I can - maybe grab a ticket or two :clap:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Postby Witz78

Smart wrote:just booked the Mercure for 2 nights, arrive 28th, depart 30th............no tickets - so its big breakfasts and lazy lunchtime drinking and catch what I can - maybe grab a ticket or two :clap:

<doh>

you must have M U and G printed across your vast forehead mate

paying over the odds to stay in that fleapit again

ooooooooo it has a sauna, a jacuzzi, a swimming pool and a gym :limp:

I'll stick to the dirt cheap Premier Inn thank you very much, all im wanting is a place to crash for 2 or 3 hours before i start on the drink again. <ok>

Postby Smart

Sun 28/04/2013 Round Two
10am £22
2.30pm £22
7pm £22
Mon 29/04/2013 Round Two
1pm £22
7pm £22

So the Monday will be a 2-hour breakfast, and when I say the Mercure St Pauls breakfast is stunning I am not kidding. You can have full English but also loads of pastries and exotic fruits etc, plus capochinos etc, all whilst gazing over at lard bottom Dennis Taylor as he spills beans down his chinos. :clap:

Then it will be off to the swimming pool / sauna for 2-hours.

Then up the room, quick change of clothes, sprinkle of aftershave and off for a beer. :D

I think Sunday no point rushing up from Bristol, arrive about 1pm - if its sunny have some drinks in the Tudor Square and then watch the evening session for some betting etc. Kebab en route for late night drinks at Mercure.

Bed :zzz:

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:

<doh>

I'll stick to the dirt cheap Premier Inn thank you very much, all im wanting is a place to crash for 2 or 3 hours before i start on the drink again. <ok>

yep 40% discount is hard to refuse for this mug rofl

Postby Witz78

Smart wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

<doh>

yep 40% discount is hard to refuse for this mug rofl

hmmmm

did you tell them your actually Duncan Goodhew and offer free swimming lessons to the kids whilst you stay there

Postby Casey

Nice one. Exact same for myself, only I arrive the 26th...no tickets :(

Postby Smart

Casey wrote:

LATEST: managed to secure 1 ticket for Sunday evening :D

Putting feelers out for the Monday ............ :hatoff:

Postby Casey

Smart wrote:
Casey wrote:

IF and it's a big IF, but if your contacts have more than one ticket (beucase you will need 1) for sessions between the 26th and 30th can you do me a favour and let me know?

Postby Smart

Casey wrote:
Smart wrote:
Casey wrote:

IF and it's a big IF, but if your contacts have more than one ticket (beucase you will need 1) for sessions between the 26th and 30th can you do me a favour and let me know?

mate check out the world snooker facebook group - I think there are people on there who may have some. I dont use facebook but I have heard them mention it before.

I am waiting to here back about the Monday personally, and if there are spares will let you know. If I cant get a good one for Monday I will prob just buy a ticket for the afternoon or evening and spend it mostly in the bar/bookies <ok>

Postby Casey

Smart wrote:
Casey wrote:
Smart wrote:
Casey wrote:

mate check out the world snooker facebook group - I think there are people on there who may have some. I dont use facebook but I have heard them mention it before.

I am waiting to here back about the Monday personally, and if there are spares will let you know. If I cant get a good one for Monday I will prob just buy a ticket for the afternoon or evening and spend it mostly in the bar/bookies <ok>

Cheers mate.

Postby Casey

Anybody looking tickets between the 27th - 28th they are some on the box office for official price. Not great seats but sure, a ticket is a ticket.

Postby Witz78

got tickets for

Thursday night

Saturday morning - afternoon - night (as if ill actually go in on a Sat night)

basically now i need tickets for Thu afternoon, Fri morning & afternoon ( never get Fri night tickets as always go out early then) and Sunday morning and afternoon

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:got tickets for

Thursday night

basically now i need tickets for Thu afternoon, Fri morning & afternoon ( never get Fri night tickets as always go out early then) and Sunday morning and afternoon

Is there a Sunday morning session? No big deal though, just extra recovery time from the Saturday night :D

Now all I need is to make sure I don't get my wallet stolen this year <doh>

Postby Smart

Casey wrote:
Witz78 wrote:got tickets for

Thursday night

Is there a Sunday morning session? No big deal though, just extra recovery time from the Saturday night :D

Now all I need is to make sure I don't get my wallet stolen this year <doh>

rofl