Post a reply

Re: World Championship 2013 Roll call

Postby Witz78

"There will come a time … when civilized people will look back in horror on our generation and the ones that preceded it: the idea that we should eat other living things running around on four legs, that we should raise them just for the purpose of killing them! The people of the future will say “meat-eaters!” in disgust and regard us in the same way we regard cannibals and cannibalism"Dennis Weaver

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:"There will come a time … when civilized people will look back in horror on our generation and the ones that preceded it: the idea that we should eat other living things running around on four legs, that we should raise them just for the purpose of killing them! The people of the future will say “meat-eaters!” in disgust and regard us in the same way we regard cannibals and cannibalism"Dennis Weaver

thanks for this, my Christmas dinner was perfect......turkey was juicy, pigs in blankets delicious and Stella just kept coming :pal:

Postby PLtheRef

Smart wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:Ticket for the Saturday afternoon session on Day 1

just heard that session has been cancelled <ok>

I'll watch you versus Witz play pool in the Monk then

Postby SnookerFan

Casey wrote:I still can't decide if I should go the first or second weekend?

Then go to the first weekend. If you are torn between two decisions, and really cannot decide, go with the cheaper one.

Postby Witz78

[quote="SnookerFan]

If you are torn between two decisions, and really cannot decide, go with the cheaper one.[/quote]

<doh>

yeh yeh im sure you use that logic when your deciding whether to go for the £20 meal for 4 from the Chinese or the £28 meal for 6.

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:[quote="SnookerFan]

If you are torn between two decisions, and really cannot decide, go with the cheaper one.[/quote]

<doh>

yeh yeh im sure you use that logic when your deciding whether to go for the £20 meal for 4 from the Chinese or the £28 meal for 6.[/quote]

you canny even use tha quote feature proper you Scottish CDL <doh>

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:The £28 one turned out cheaper per person. :hatoff:

it maybe saved you a few quid bit it took a few more days of your life :happy:

then again if you die early, think of all the money it will save you :gag:

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:Ladbrokes

winners prize up from 250k to 270k

You heard it first here

Nice! It will soon be breaking the £300k mark.

Postby Casey

I made my mind up, I am going to go to the opening weekend again :pal:

You get to see so many matches and different players, it's hard to pass by.

Postby Casey

Eh, or maybe not...there are no tickets available for day one..what the hell.

Does anybody know if there are more to be released?

Postby Witz78

More tickets will be released soon (within next 2 weeks ) ive heard

Ive not bought any tickets at all yet

going down from Thursday to Sunday in the middle weekend, thats my favourite time to go, not least cos you get 3 mega nights out rather than crappy midweek ones

Postby Casey

I just rang the box office and they said only resells will be put back online for the 1st and 2nd weekend.

Anybody on here got tickets they are looking to sell, also anybody know of any other avenue of buying tickets?

Thanks in advance!

Postby Witz78

that doesnt sound too promising

take it you aint got tickets yet either?

at this rate can see me missing the Crucible for the first time in a decade

been to a few tournaments this last year plus will only just be back from America when it starts, so not sure im as enthusiastic about this years World Champs as i normally am

Postby Casey

I know it’s going to be tough – I could always turn up and get a resell on the day for each session but I doubt I will get a good seat the whole time there.

FYI – you are odds on with Paddy Power to turn up 

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:that doesnt sound too promising

take it you aint got tickets yet either?

at this rate can see me missing the Crucible for the first time in a decade

been to a few tournaments this last year plus will only just be back from America when it starts, so not sure im as enthusiastic about this years World Champs as i normally am

yea after being snake hissed in the states getting snake hissed in sheffield would be a Anti Climax.

lets face it you see no snooker while your there.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:zzzzzzzzzzzzz lets face it, at least i go to Sheffield (and some other tournaments ) every year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good on you mate do you want a medal or something?

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:no, but a bit stupid slagging someone else for actually going to tournaments doh !!

many people go to sheffield each week they walk past the crucible sometime

so they also go to the snooker?