Post a reply

Who's Gonna Win the Worlds (from the bookies top 6?)

ROS
36%
HIggins
4%
Ding Jun Hui
4%
Robbo
16%
Judd
No votes
Selby
32%
Allen
8%

Total votes : 25

Re: Who's Gonna Win the Worlds?

Postby Cannonball

Ok, I asked everyone in the league I could find, and they pretty much divided along the same lines and came up with the same sort of views herein (WC excepted of course). So I've put a bet on Ronnie, and the free bet on Selby. One for the heart, one for the head. But I really fancy Robbo to do it as well. Damn!

I think Judd is overpriced at 8/1. I have no idea why he is one of the favourites. He's shown no form of late and no consistency either. Someone I know fancies Sam Baird to do it, and at 750-1, he is quite good value!

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Skullman wrote:Sensible hat: Not going to be ROS and I think the pressure of expectation may be too much for Ding. Judd has done nothing since he won the IC.

I'd think Allen from form, and Robbo depending on how well he plays here. I think Selby and Higgins have a chance as well as the long format works in their favour.

Fanboy hat: Selby, no question.

I don't think you can discount Ronnie.

I know common sense dictates that you can't barely play for a year, and then win The Crucible. But much though I'm not an O'Sullivan fan, I must admit there's nothing common sense about the guys talent. If anybody can take a year off to sit round and scratch his bottom, then come back to put in a sustained run in the biggest tournament of all, it's him.

Snookerfan :hatoff:

Postby Dan-cat

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Skullman wrote:Sensible hat: Not going to be ROS and I think the pressure of expectation may be too much for Ding. Judd has done nothing since he won the IC.

I'd think Allen from form, and Robbo depending on how well he plays here. I think Selby and Higgins have a chance as well as the long format works in their favour.

Fanboy hat: Selby, no question.

I don't think you can discount Ronnie.

I know common sense dictates that you can't barely play for a year, and then win The Crucible. But much though I'm not an O'Sullivan fan, I must admit there's nothing common sense about the guys talent. If anybody can take a year off to sit round and scratch his bottom, then come back to put in a sustained run in the biggest tournament of all, it's him.

Snookerfan :hatoff:

Brilliant.

Postby The_Abbott

Selby is not in form so I feel will have a 1st round exit this year.

O'Sullivan is the man to beat but will his mind wonder and get bored by the time the QF takes place?

Ding - nah

Higgins - good chance he can this year.

Judd = the new Jimmy so no chance

Robbo and Allen - My granddad has a better chance and he's dead.

Postby Alex0paul

Would love to see Yan Bingtao have a deep run. A Ding v Yan semi please