Post a reply

Re: Betfair Masters Final Discussion !

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:It must be so disheartening playing Selby, you build up abit of momentum only to have it stopped by an outrageous fluke.

all great players have luck

Ronnie played carter in 2 world final.

Postby hendry_fan

Well,i,ve seen way more convincing performances to win a tournament,Selby really has had a tremendous amount of the run of the balls in this tourney,especially in this final but in saying that,his opponents have had plenty of chances,no matter how the balls run,it takes way more than luck and the run of the balls to win a tournament.

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:Yeah and Hendry played bottlejob Jimmy in four of his finals, so what's your point?

Jimmy has beaten Ronnie 4 times in the naughtiest as a 40+ and Carter once in the CL

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:10-6

do not post scores until the frame near from over

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:Naughtiest?? Which era was that??

btw why are you posting this weekend?

Postby Alex0paul

Wild WC wrote:
Jewell wrote:Yeah and Hendry played bottlejob Jimmy in four of his finals, so what's your point?

Jimmy has beaten Ronnie 4 times in the naughtiest as a 40+ and Carter once in the CL

Naughtiest?

Postby mantorok

If Robertson was playing his best I would say a decider was on the cards, but I can see Selby falling over the line at some stage.

Postby mantorok

Wild WC wrote:

Not in 4 world finals though...

Postby Wildey

mantorok wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

but Jimmy still has more Bottle today than Carter has

Postby mantorok

Wild WC wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

but Jimmy still has more Bottle today than Carter has

Carter never bottled anything, he was never in front in those finals, unlike Jimmy who sqaundered leads and chances.

Postby Wildey

Last player to win the first 2 Leg of the Major Haul was Mark Williams in 2003 when he beat Hendry in the Masters final after his 2002 UK Title.

that season Mark won all 3 of the Major Championships.

Postby Roland

Jewell wrote:What this match shows is Robbo still has a long way to go before he is at the same level as Selby, tactically or in matchplay quality. Basically, Robbo is Selby-lite.

:redneck:

Postby Roland

Skullman wrote:Neither was at their best but once it went 8-3 there was too much for Robbo to do.

Selby played like a World Number 1 and had Robbo on the rack from the off.

Postby hendry_fan

Well,i was a bit critical of Selby in this tourney,but bottom line is,he won and at the end of the day,thats all that counts!.

:clap: Well done Mark!.:clap:

God,it,s been an exhausting week,i need a break now from watchin snooker,gotta lot a makin up to do with my girlfreind,i,ve almost forgotten what her bottom looks like,i,ll be havin a good long pinch at it the next few days though!.<laugh>

Postby Roland

Don't know how you can be critical of him. He had Bingham 5-1 up playing care free and not missing to suddenly not getting any chances and thinking too much. 6-5 from 5-1 down. But he does it all the time!

Then Williams was awful and nothing can be read into Selby's performance because he wasn't put under any pressure and did what he had to do. Then he had Dotty looking like killing him off when it was 4-1 and 4-2 in the semi but he dug in and exploited a weakness in his opponent (frustration) and won ugly.

Then today he owned Neil Robertson in the Masters final. Great tournament.