Post a reply

Re: Betfair Masters Quarter Final Discussion !

Postby PLtheRef

GJ wrote:it was no fluke IMO as robbo said its a 1/10 but he played to pot it not move it

Definitely played that shot, you could tell with the pace he played it at.

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:it was no fluke IMO as robbo said its a 1/10 but he played to pot it not move it

the way he played it was obviously a pot attempt

Postby GJ

wheres witz

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby Skullman

Didn't he lose that bet with you? He seems like a man of his word.

Shame as he can occasionally be a good poster when's he not anti-Selby, anti-Hendry or excessively pro-Ronnie.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:What a jammy runt Jono is

the luck him and Higgins get makes me sick

i could even like higgins if it makes you sick.

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:witrz

buck off that wasnt luck you tart pure skill

get real mate

sure he kinda played it but it was more in hope than genuinely believing hed pot it, and deep down he knew 90% chance was hed hit it but it was in lap of the gods where it went.

No-one can seriously claim to have played that shot

Postby GJ

witz

be honest if ronnie played it you would say skill

HONEST ANSWER

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:

get real mate

sure he kinda played it but it was more in hope than genuinely believing hed pot it, and deep down he knew 90% chance was hed hit it but it was in lap of the gods where it went.

of course he had some luck but isnt that what a double is too.

theres no guarantee you will pot it

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:best quality match i have saw in a long time and great finish

You oviously haven't seen much then as there has been some quality matches not long ago.. Trump and Allen at last season World Open srpings to mind, and I'm sure there are even more recent ones...

I guess you only consider top quality match if Robbo is involved and wins it....

Postby Andre147

But this aint to say it wasnt, it was indeed the best match of the tourney so far, and I'm glad Robbo is through as I always liked him as a player. Will take some beating that's for sure if he can keep this sort of form going.

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

get real mate

of course he had some luck but isnt that what a double is too.

theres no guarantee you will pot it

no a normal double has skill as you are playing to hit the object ball at a certain point you deem to give the angle for it to go into the pocket

robbos shot was luck as he was aiming for a spot on the cushion but given it then had to travel over 12 feet to reach the ball, luck plays a big part

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:allen

I was playing the ebst player in the world today

He said the same when he lost to Judd in the IC. He's hardly going to say the player he lost to is rubbish, is he?
Last edited by Skullman on 17 Jan 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
GJ wrote:allen

I was playing the ebst player in the world today

He said the same when he lost to Judd in the IC. He's hardly going the player he lost to is rubbish, is he?

Allen is auditioning for a job as a comentator

Postby GJ

Have to say i was gutted after selby match at uk

But once again after adversity robbo has once again showed what a mental titan he is

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Oh great. BBC are covering the evening match, so that means it'll start half an hour late :roll:

lol, it'll probably start around 7:10 as they usually have those 10 min features.... expect Higgins to win, but Murphy will give him a match I'm sure..

Postby Andre147

Casey wrote:He went for the pot, but the position was extremely lucky - still a great break to finish it off.

It was lucky in the way the white stayed for black, but, and this is the thing, the pace he played at he wanted and gave himself a chance to be on black, instead of just playing it with more power as if a shot to nothing or hit and hope or whatever...

it was half lucky in that way, but still amazing to just pull that shot of.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Casey wrote:He went for the pot, but the position was extremely lucky - still a great break to finish it off.

It was lucky in the way the white stayed for black, but, and this is the thing, the pace he played at he wanted and gave himself a chance to be on black, instead of just playing it with more power as if a shot to nothing or hit and hope or whatever...

it was half lucky in that way, but still amazing to just pull that shot of.

that is basically what Robbo said himself