Post a reply

Re: Betfair Masters Quarter Final Discussion !

Postby GJ

williams wins there will be an odds on fav for the title tonight

Postby ttol

Skullman wrote:Judd not feeling very confident (wonder why?), he normally punches those balls in.

Maybe he's been found out, people know how to play against him unlike 2 years ago.

Postby SnookerFan

Virgo is obviously a Trump fan, but Hendry sounds like he is dissing them. Saying he hasn't seemed as dedicated as a top sportsmen should be.

But I guess that is Hendry's nature. When you've been the best, it's easy to be hyper-critical.

Postby SnookerFan

ttol wrote:
Skullman wrote:Judd not feeling very confident (wonder why?), he normally punches those balls in.

Maybe he's been found out, people know how to play against him unlike 2 years ago.

I think we're a bit quick to make a statement like that. He did win the International Championship earlier this season.

Postby SnookerFan

Oh, buck off Virgo. I appreciate that Judd was the tournament favourite with the bookies, but you're overselling what a shock upset this is. Dott is a world champion, not some rookie. It wasn't that surprising that he won.

Postby ttol

SnookerFan wrote:
ttol wrote:

I think we're a bit quick to make a statement like that. He did win the International Championship earlier this season.

Yeah but in the big tournaments he's struggled recently.

Edit: just noticed the prize money for the IC was the same as the UK. Fair enough there.
Last edited by ttol on 18 Jan 2013, edited 2 times in total.

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:some people predicted Dotty would win <ok>

GJ <ok>

great result rexy

Postby GJ

Muppet147 wrote:Good to see Murphy win that one.

I still think Trump will win the title though. <ok>

what a plonker

Postby Wildey

ttol wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
ttol wrote:

Edit: just noticed the prize money for the IC was the same as the UK. Fair enough there.

but judd has always put added significance on BBC Events

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Robbo clear fav atm but MJW and Selby still in it and either might be playing great.

but in the UK Murphy was snake hissing all over Selby form wise but when push came to shove Selby's sheer grit pulled him through.

Postby ttol

Wild WC wrote:
ttol wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
ttol wrote:

Personally I would judge each event on prize money. Runner up in the IC was £62,500 whereas £50k in the UK.

Postby daraghj82

Wild WC wrote:
Skullman wrote:Robbo clear fav atm but MJW and Selby still in it and either might be playing great.

but in the UK Murphy was snake hissing all over Selby form wise but when push came to shove Selby's sheer grit pulled him through.

yep selby's like john higgins, he just grinds it really well when he's not on form. he has already had 2 great comeback this season and probably more to follow. you'd have to say williams will play better than r1 but who knows

Postby Wildey

ttol wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
ttol wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
ttol wrote:

Personally I would judge each event on prize money. Runner up in the IC was £62,500 whereas £50k in the UK.

i wouldnt.

id judge them interms of prestiege

World
UK
Masters
IC
Other Ranking Events
PTC Grand Final
PTC
PL
Other Invitationals inc CL
Power Snooker and Shootout

Postby Sickpotter

Congrats Dott, well deserved win.

Judd.....may have the talent but lacking in the aura of invincibility that surrounds the best in the game.

I have to say his play is very typical of leftys. When they're on song they're great but when they're off, man are they off. Great to have natural talent but when you have an off day it's hard to win without rock solid technique and self-belief.

Postby Skullman

Just noticed a pattern in the quarters. Whoever had the closest L16 match goes on to win their quarter.

Robbo won his L16 6-5, Allen won his 6-2. Robbo in the semis.
Smurph won his L16 6-4, Honest John won 6-3. Smurph in the semis.
Judd and Dott both won deciders, but Judd won his with a ton, Dott won on the colours. Dott in the semis.

Wonder who won the closest match out of MJW and Selby :john:

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Just noticed a pattern in the quarters. Whoever had the closest L16 match goes on to win their quarter.

Robbo won his L16 6-5, Allen won his 6-2. Robbo in the semis.
Smurph won his L16 6-4, Honest John won 6-3. Smurph in the semis.
Judd and Dott both won deciders, but Judd won his with a ton, Dott won on the colours. Dott in the semis.

Wonder who won the closest match out of MJW and Selby :john:

you been talking to Alex?

Postby Skullman

Wild WC wrote:you been talking to Alex?

Nah, just pulling random reasons out to justify why Selby will win. I could probably find reasons for the four other guys if I tried hard enough.