cant you grasp that is the whole idea behind a money order of merit
achievers are rewarded instead of those happy to turn up and play every event and scrap a few wins here and there
its the perfect ranking system to stop the top players being raped by the system and having to play in almost every event
they can now focus on the big money events if they want, albeit they have to deliver at them
firstly i know and grasp that and dont agree with it
1) rankings should be consistency and dedicated based over a period of time then its up to the players if they want to be no 1 or not and play in tournaments big and small.
2) winning a tournament shouldn't be worth double the points of getting to a final.
3) Runner up in this seasons International championship got 12,000 more cash than Runner up in the UK so its a bit cockerel eyed.
4) concentrating on big money events will mean getting in to the PTC Grand Finals so that means playing in PTC Events.
5) there's no guarantee you will have a good run in big tournaments so it will make sense to top up cash/rankings in everything.
6) when defending the money rankings in 2 years time unless you make sure you got points in the bank in smaller events you will be under massive pressure going in to a big tournament knowing you could go from 10th to outside the top 16 even by reaching a semi final if you won the event 2 years ago. (ok under a flat system thats not as important but it brings us nicely back to the winner takes all of this topic in the masters)