Post a reply

Re: Betfair Masters Round 1 Discussion !

Postby Witz78

Andre147 wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:
Wild WC wrote:Matthew did not bottle that match because he was never in a position to win it in the first place he just showed why hes not won that many tournaments hes never had the mentality to kick someone when they are down and he let Mark get up off the floor and Knocked him out.

ive never liked Matthews attitude to winning or losing he accepts defeat to casual.

I'm not sure that I agree with the idea that he didn't bottle it as Witz has said, the way MJW played early on in that match Stevens should have won that game either 6-0 or 6-1. The first two frames Williams took should both have gone Stevens way. It became clear once it went 4-4 that Matthew wasn't going to get back into the match so I do think that it was a sense of a chance being bottled.

Williams at 4-1 was there for the taking, and someone as good as Matthew supposedly is should be polishing off leads like that. End of story.

Yes I agree, he did bottle it bigtime, and he was indeed in a position to win it at 4-1 up, Williams couldn't make a 20 break and even though Matthew wasn't playing anywhere near his best, he could still be better than the dire Williams, so he was definately in a good position to win it and finish the match something like 6-1 or 6-2. When he missed that brown which he bottled bigtime to lead 5-1, it was clear Williams would comeback as he did. It was indeed a very strange match

Never worry guys, Wild has always had some sort of warped agenda in trying to claim that no players are bottle jobs.

i can only assume he maintains this stance as he feels a lot of people used to say Jimmy bottled some of the World Finals v Hendry

Postby Witz78

Andre147 wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Jewell wrote:The last time I've seen anyone play this badly and win was when Williams beat Hendry at the UK about 3 years ago.

Grand Prix you mean?

No i think he actually means UK Champs 2010 second round, Williams won 9-6 playing very bad.

ah yeh, i remember it now

wonder how it had slipped my mind though........

Postby Wildey

When Barry Hearn took over and introduced the more full tour Witz said it would weed out the Journeymen pros and he named them 3 of thoes he named was Stuart Bingham,Mark Davis and Marcus Campbell.

Bingham has gone from 21 to 9th in the rankings winning a ranking event and runner up in another since then
Davis has gone from 47th to Top 16
Campbell from 45th to a career high ranking of 20 under Barry Hearn's Regime so pardon me if i don't take a blind bit of notice of this Scottish wally.

Postby Roland

In a flat 128 tour Matthew Stevens won't plummet like some have predicted because he's very strong against lower ranked players and can play to a very high standard still, particularly if he can slip under the radar on outside tables.

He comes unstuck under the tv lights in big matches against the big names. So he's not a bottler in many senses of the word but at the very top level his self belief is very low relative to the other players, and he has many battle scars from earlier in his career when he was capable of winning the big events but lost out with the winning line in sight. He is a very talented player but in terms of what you see on televised snooker if anyone can be called a bottler then it's Stevens.

On another note it's still not dawning on most people that Shaun Murphy is useless at cannons and generally controlling the path of the cue ball post object ball hit. He has the best cue action, can pot ridiculous balls with laser sighting accuracy, but add any sort of challenge to guaranteed position on the next ball and out of all the top players he is the one most likely to mess it up.

Postby Roland

Wild WC wrote:When Barry Hearn took over and introduced the more full tour Witz said it would weed out the Journeymen pros and he named them 3 of thoes he named was Stuart Bingham,Mark Davis and Marcus Campbell.

Bingham has gone from 21 to 9th in the rankings winning a ranking event and runner up in another since then
Campbell from 45th to a career high ranking of 20 under Barry Hearn's Regime so pardon me if i don't take a blind bit of notice of this Scottish wally.

:D

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:Me and Vodkadiet are currently laughing all the way into our Carrot Juice and Cucumbers as we see all you pathetic meat eating humanoids suddenly up in a rage over finding out youve been eating Horse haha

you reap what you sow, eat rubbish and you deserve it tbh

go green before its too late

It's silly. If you'll eat pig and cow, why not horse? I'm happy because it means I don't need to go and try horse now :-D

Postby Skullman

Anyway looks like MJW won as expected. Just a disappointment that Stevens didn't get another frame for predicts purposes. Let's just hope that that was the worst match of the tournament and the good quality we've had before then continues.

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:When Barry Hearn took over and introduced the more full tour Witz said it would weed out the Journeymen pros and he named them 3 of thoes he named was Stuart Bingham,Mark Davis and Marcus Campbell.

lets see what they do as of next season when the proper plans Hearn planned are introduced in lieu of the farcial teired system.

The last 3 seasons have been transitional phase as Hearn got in, slowly assumed authority, started to introduce new events and suss out exactly the way he wanted the tour to go.

These 3 names have done well in the last few seasons but thats partly down to them grasping the new playing opportunities and finding consistency, playing every event going, the top players not being as fully focused due to the increased number of events, the stagnant teired system stifling talent below them.

Lets revisit this post at the end of next season.

I backed Hearn from before his name was even in the mix to save snooker and everything ive proposed, predicted or championed since then has pretty much come to fruition. Watch this space :D

Postby Skullman

Just watching back the features and stuff I missed. 2010 Masters final feature <cool> Although I didn't know the score graphics were so hideous back in the 'old days' :irk:

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:
It's silly. If you'll eat pig and cow, why not horse? I'm happy because it means I don't need to go and try horse now :-D

Yeah, I thought that. I didn't see what the big fuss was. Don't some people eat horse anyway.

Postby hendry_fan

7pm

Mark Selby v Stuart Bingham

Come on Mark!!.

I,m expecting nuthin less than 2 centuries,great safety play and no less than a 95% pot success from Mark tonight!. ;-) :-)

Postby SnookerFan

When I was up at the match today, I half-accidentally got a ticket for tomorrow. I went round to enquire as to the price of all day tickets, and what seats were available. Then the lovely lady behind the counter got the hump with me for asking questions, so I was rushed into a decision.

I'm there all day.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:When I was up at the match today, I half-accidentally got a ticket for tomorrow. I went round to enquire as to the price of all day tickets, and what seats were available. Then the lovely lady behind the counter got the hump with me for asking questions, so I was rushed into a decision.

I'm there all day.

i get the hump with your questions too

dont blame her :-)

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:I'm bursting with excitement at the prospect of watching this Selby versus Bingham encounter.

just burst do us all a favour

Postby Skullman

Jewell wrote:I'm bursting with excitement at the prospect of watching this Selby versus Bingham encounter.

I know :-D

Better than watching Sick Note or Porcupine Shoes.

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:Why don't you just run along and get back in your cave, Wild, you Welsh turd.

thanks for that advice ill think about it..

Postby Wildey

Wild WC wrote:
Jewell wrote:Why don't you just run along and get back in your cave, Wild, you Welsh turd.

thanks for that advice ill think about it..

thought about it and decided no ill stick around then one day i might get the pleasure of pushing the ban button

Postby SnookerFan

And I'm sure they love the idea of you watching them, as well.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild WC wrote:i get the hump with your questions too

dont blame her :-)

All I asked her was what she was having for dinner, and if she wanted to follow my toilet postings on twitter. I don't know what the matter with her was.