Post a reply

Re: Betfair Masters Round 1 Discussion !

Postby Andre147

Wild WC wrote:Mark Williams 5-4 Matthew Stevens

wouldnt be surprised after this dire performance that Mark Williams goes on to win the tournament

Well I suppose he can't get any worse can he..? so yeah the only way is up.. but to win the tourney I think it's a bit too far.. I reckon if any of them goes through will get hammered by Selby if Mark comes through too, likely .

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:

wouldnt be surprised after this dire performance that Mark Williams goes on to win the tournament

Well I suppose he can't get any worse can he..? so yeah the only way is up.. but to win the tourney I think it's a bit too far.. I reckon if any of them goes through will get hammered by Selby if Mark comes through too, likely .

but how many times has players looked so bad in their opening match feels they got out of jail and improved 100%

Postby GJ

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

STEVENSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Postby GJ

Wild WC wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

but how many times has players looked so bad in their opening match feels they got out of jail and improved 100%

NO chance he beats wiggy or baldy next round

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Often, but MJW has been struggling badly for a while now and if he wins, which looks likely now, I wouldn't expect any spectacular improvement.

Postby GJ

mon

agree 100 %

also your murphy comments

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Often, but MJW has been struggling badly for a while now and if he wins, which looks likely now, I wouldn't expect any spectacular improvement.

yea very unlikely i know but as they say form is temporally but Class is permanent. and Mark Williams is class.

Postby GJ

same old matthew

seen it all before

PATHETIC CHOKER

Postby Simone

Monique wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Naah, Williams is the comeback king.

Postby GJ

stevens laughing at the end

says it all

MUPPET

Postby PLtheRef

Monique wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I agree, the only time I can think of MJW playing a bad as he did today and going onto win might be the 2003 Grand Prix when truthfully he couldn't string anything big together, early on, kept making 30s before the Semis before hitting his form against Doherty and Higgins.

The difference being, he was reigning World, Masters and UK Champion at the time

Postby Witz78

surely thats the final straw now GJ and youll stop supporting this waster?

what a joke he is losing that, anyone else would have buried MJW 6-0 or 6-1 the way he was misfiring.

some clowns still dont accept Stevens is a bottle job too haha

one win in the Masters since 2000 says it all, good riddance Stevens once the flat 128 set up kicks in

Postby Witz78

PLtheRef wrote:
Monique wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I agree, the only time I can think of MJW playing a bad as he did today and going onto win might be the 2003 Grand Prix when truthfully he couldn't string anything big together, early on, kept making 30s before the Semis before hitting his form against Doherty and Higgins.

The difference being, he was reigning World, Masters and UK Champion at the time

he was equally dire at a Grand Prix match 4 or 5 years ago i was at, versus Hendry who had a nightmare too

Postby GJ

agree witz im a loyal fan

but im sick of him and dont really care if he wins oir loses anymore

some mugs on bet fair saying it was fixed obviosuly dont know stevens well

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Postby hendry_fan

Wild WC wrote:Wednesday 16th of January

1pm

Mark Williams 6-4 Matthew Stevens

Just managed to see the last couple of frames!.

From what i read it was a miss festival,full of errors,ah well,it,s not surprising theeeeesssse dayyyyyyys is it!.LOL

After todays performance from Stevens,he surely now has to be regarded as the greatest ever bottler the pro game has ever seen,it really is crazy how many times he,s BOTTLED it!.

Well done Williams on comin back to win with a fantastic 83% pot Success.:-)

Postby PLtheRef

Witz78 wrote:
he was equally dire at a Grand Prix match 4 or 5 years ago i was at, versus Hendry who had a nightmare too

Didn't go on and win the Grand Prix that year though

Postby Wildey

Matthew did not bottle that match because he was never in a position to win it in the first place he just showed why hes not won that many tournaments hes never had the mentality to kick someone when they are down and he let Mark get up off the floor and Knocked him out.

ive never liked Matthews attitude to winning or losing he accepts defeat to casual.

Postby Witz78

Standards will rise bigtime within a year or 2, Selby, Judd, Robbo, Allen, Ding will need to step things up as a whole new flood of kids like Luca, TT, Yupeng, Lisowski will truly come to the fore under the new 128 set up.

The old guard like Stevens, MJW etc plus all the has beens and journeymen, the Perrys, Days, Bonds, McLeods etc will soon be swatted away by the Eastern Invasion

Postby Witz78

PLtheRef wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Didn't go on and win the Grand Prix that year though

no, the cheating scum won it sadly

Postby PLtheRef

Wild WC wrote:Matthew did not bottle that match because he was never in a position to win it in the first place he just showed why hes not won that many tournaments hes never had the mentality to kick someone when they are down and he let Mark get up off the floor and Knocked him out.

ive never liked Matthews attitude to winning or losing he accepts defeat to casual.

I'm not sure that I agree with the idea that he didn't bottle it as Witz has said, the way MJW played early on in that match Stevens should have won that game either 6-0 or 6-1. The first two frames Williams took should both have gone Stevens way. It became clear once it went 4-4 that Matthew wasn't going to get back into the match so I do think that it was a sense of a chance being bottled.

Williams at 4-1 was there for the taking, and someone as good as Matthew supposedly is should be polishing off leads like that. End of story.

Postby hendry_fan

Wild WC wrote:Matthew did not bottle that match because he was never in a position to win it in the first place he just showed why hes not won that many tournaments hes never had the mentality to kick someone when they are down and he let Mark get up off the floor and Knocked him out.

When he went 3-0 in front,he probably knew he was gonna bottle it and promp it happened,in future,he should lose the first 2,3 frames,he,ll then probably start winnin if he does that,mind you,i doubt he,ll have a great snooker future,with Stevens it probably would,nt matter if he was in front or behind,he,d bottle it all the same.:-)

Postby Andre147

PLtheRef wrote:

I'm not sure that I agree with the idea that he didn't bottle it as Witz has said, the way MJW played early on in that match Stevens should have won that game either 6-0 or 6-1. The first two frames Williams took should both have gone Stevens way. It became clear once it went 4-4 that Matthew wasn't going to get back into the match so I do think that it was a sense of a chance being bottled.

Williams at 4-1 was there for the taking, and someone as good as Matthew supposedly is should be polishing off leads like that. End of story.

Yes I agree, he did bottle it bigtime, and he was indeed in a position to win it at 4-1 up, Williams couldn't make a 20 break and even though Matthew wasn't playing anywhere near his best, he could still be better than the dire Williams, so he was definately in a good position to win it and finish the match something like 6-1 or 6-2. When he missed that brown which he bottled bigtime to lead 5-1, it was clear Williams would comeback as he did. It was indeed a very strange match

Postby Roland

Last time I checked livescoring Stevens was leading 4-1 and was on a 30 or 40 odd in the next so I assumed it would be 6-1 or 6-2 given how badly MJW was apparently performing. I've just read through this thread and can't believe MJW won 6-4 but then again I've seen Stevens lose from winning positions so many times now in big matches I shouldn't be that surprised.

Postby Andre147

Jewell wrote:The last time I've seen anyone play this badly and win was when Williams beat Hendry at the UK about 3 years ago.

Also when Selby played dire at last season's welsh open first round against Baird, when the latter missed a straightforward blue to win and never recovered from that, and Selby won 4-3, but playing very bad indeed.

In Williams case, yeah I guess that's probably the most recent time.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Standards will rise bigtime within a year or 2, Selby, Judd, Robbo, Allen, Ding will need to step things up as a whole new flood of kids like Luca, TT, Yupeng, Lisowski will truly come to the fore under the new 128 set up.

The old guard like Stevens, MJW etc plus all the has beens and journeymen, the Perrys, Days, Bonds, McLeods etc will soon be swatted away by the Eastern Invasion

bullocks

these players still has to win matches no matter what structure and believe me playing Williams or even Marcus Campbell in a last 128 will be tougher than playing the players similar to them in the Rankings.

ive come round to a 128 but it wont be any easier for them to progress consistently however they might go further in more tournament.

But Main Ranking events under 128 will not be the same as PTC 128 Because players will be seeded ie top 16 players cant play each other until the Last 16 stage unlike PTC Where they could easily meet in the last 64.

Postby Andre147

Witz78 wrote:
Jewell wrote:The last time I've seen anyone play this badly and win was when Williams beat Hendry at the UK about 3 years ago.

Grand Prix you mean?

No i think he actually means UK Champs 2010 second round, Williams won 9-6 playing very bad.