Post a reply

Re: Betfair Masters Final Discussion !

Postby Roland

Was Robbo in contention? I don't see what you're getting at with those 3 names by the way, when did any of them beat Selby in a big match? Not talking last 32 here.

Postby GJ

Also sonny i think putting robbo in the same bracket as murphy is harsh shaun has no tactical nouse at all

Robbo can beat anyone with his all round game but v selby i think he needs to be attacking more than usual

Postby PLtheRef

Sonny wrote:Was Robbo in contention? I don't see what you're getting at with those 3 names by the way, when did any of them beat Selby in a big match? Not talking last 32 here.

He wasn't in contention yesterday yes, Selby was too good for him yesterday yes, but you're suggesting that Robertson may as well not play Selby again because you reckon he has got no chance purely on the basis of Selby apparently having the measure of Selby

But those names have beaten Selby on just a consistent basis as he has beaten Robbo.

Postby Roland

GJ wrote:Also sonny i think putting robbo in the same bracket as murphy is harsh shaun has no tactical nouse at all

Robbo can beat anyone with his all round game but v selby i think he needs to be attacking more than usual

I'm not putting Robbo in the same category as Murphy, he's better. I do think he over thinks a lot of situations but then it's a fine line and hard to put right and for me that's Robbo's main problem. Sometimes it works for him and he plots his way through a break with precision position but a lot of the time yesterday it was as though he was trying too hard to get the white too perfect and it cost him his rhythm. He also missed a couple of pots because he was concentrating too hard on position.

Postby GJ

Anyway it was a great win for mark fair play to him

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:
GJ wrote:Also sonny i think putting robbo in the same bracket as murphy is harsh shaun has no tactical nouse at all

I'm not putting Robbo in the same category as Murphy, he's better. I do think he over thinks a lot of situations but then it's a fine line and hard to put right and for me that's Robbo's main problem. Sometimes it works for him and he plots his way through a break with precision position but a lot of the time yesterday it was as though he was trying too hard to get the white too perfect and it cost him his rhythm. He also missed a couple of pots because he was concentrating too hard on position.

fair analysis he didnt look comfortable at all

Postby Roland

PLtheRef wrote:
Sonny wrote:Was Robbo in contention? I don't see what you're getting at with those 3 names by the way, when did any of them beat Selby in a big match? Not talking last 32 here.

He wasn't in contention yesterday yes, Selby was too good for him yesterday yes, but you're suggesting that Robertson may as well not play Selby again because you reckon he has got no chance purely on the basis of Selby apparently having the measure of Selby

But those names have beaten Selby on just a consistent basis as he has beaten Robbo.

You're probably talking best of 7s in PTCs though. I saw Dale and Hamilton beat him in PTC3 and 4 and the Dale one was late at night, about 11pm start and Selby had literally just come off the table in the previous round having won 4-3 and in the other Selby went for a yellow in the decider to green pocket at pace digging down for position (so tough he probably wouldn't have taken it on in a big match) and he missed and Hamilton knocked in a century I think.

Anyway, the significant results for me where you can read something into it are Crucible results and basically big matches at least best of 11 in length in other events, mainly semis and finals.

Postby GJ

sonny

A crucible match would truly show if robbo has big issues v mark

Postby Wildey

Lucky wrote:The 'YOU BEAUTY' outburst will long be remembered as THE most cringeworthy moment in snooker........monumental runt status.

yea right holy rubbish dont be a dramatic hammer

Postby Roland

GJ wrote:
Sonny wrote:

fair analysis he didnt look comfortable at all

Look back to when he played Maflin in Munich. He was 3-0 up and had a 13 second shot time and was utterly brilliant. Then yesterday his shot time was over 25 seconds I think, and that wasn't down to Selby's slow play but because of how deliberate Robbo was being, which to be fair was down to the respect he had for his opponent more than anything.

Postby Roland

Wild WC wrote:
Lucky wrote:The 'YOU BEAUTY' outburst will long be remembered as THE most cringeworthy moment in snooker........monumental runt status.

It was just a bit of a laugh

Postby GJ

wild

It was Hendos fav moment so no surprise the grade A runts are not happy with it

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

right calling a snooker player a runt on a snooker forum is alright then and on top of that by a so call mod.

and dont dress it up with this swear filter cobblers either.

Postby GJ

Is he still a mod

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Postby Lucky

Wild WC wrote:
Sonny wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

right calling a snooker player a runt on a snooker forum is alright then and on top of that by a so call mod.

and dont dress it up with this swear filter cobblers either.

So am i right in thinking you're complaining about swearing?

Postby Lucky

GJ wrote:Is he still a mod

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You asked me to investigate an incident two days ago.....stating 'you're a mod' have you forgotten already?

Postby Lucky

Smart wrote:The Jono shout out was ridiculous. I am 100% backing Lucky here, Jono showed himself as a runt (but we knew that already) <ok>

Steady you'll offend Wild. He's dead against swearing???

Postby Smart

Jewell wrote:Look, I don't mind players showing abit of emotion and doing the odd fist-pump here and there. However, Robbo's 'YOU BEAUTY' outburst, to me, just seemed abit too contrived and not a natural spur of the moment reaction you'd see with real emotion. It's as if he was trying to play up to the cameras and that's what made it so cringeworthy.

Robbo needs to realise this is snooker not pantomime, people will either like you as you are or not at all so no need to play up to the crowd/cameras/Hearn. Hopefully, he'll look back at it and realise what a runt he came across as.

or he can just look in the mirror daily <ok>

Postby Lucky

Jewell wrote:I see Hendry lapped it up then. Voted it as his favourite moment. <doh>

Obviously......it was just like Hendry in his prime, who can forget Hendrys outbursts of emotion, he was a one man party!

Postby Witz78

the only outbursts of emotion Hendry did was when hed won matches and was clearing the table hed treat the crowd to a trick shot by squeezing one of his spots and the puss would come flying out of the spot and hit a ball into the pocket

Postby Muppet147

GJ wrote:Well done Selby a class player and full desrving of another Major

Robbo will be gutted as for him its all about winning a runner up is means little to him

Fair to say that your boy took one hell of a beating!

Postby The Cueist

Just glad Selby done the biz,Interesting that when lemsip does not get a few midframe misses and open tables to pinch frames he does not win many of them.
Selby is not one for doing what murphy did in his semi final with lemsip.

Thank feck for that.