Post a reply

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Final Discussion.

Postby Witz78

Connery is a senile old fool who likes to preach to the non tax dodgers who actually live in Scotland that they should break free from the UK, hes that scatty though that he used to support Celtic, now he supports Rangers. (though that may have since changed again)

Salmond is a fat bald ultimate runt De Luxe, hes a total cretin who eats a pie for every vote he gets. He must be stopped before he breaks up the Union for his own ego trip and sadistic pleasures.

Postby Muppet147

Witz78 wrote:Connery is a senile old fool who likes to preach to the non tax dodgers who actually live in Scotland that they should break free from the UK, hes that scatty though that he used to support Celtic, now he supports Rangers. (though that may have since changed again)

Salmond is a fat bald ultimate runt De Luxe, hes a total cretin who eats a pie for every vote he gets. He must be stopped before he breaks up the Union for his own ego trip and sadistic pleasures.

Connery is a legend, senile or not.

There aren't many Jocks as cool as he is. Meanwhile, Ferguson should be executed.

Postby Witz78

Connery was a legend but soon as he fussed about with that failed attempt to beat Roger Moore at the box office with the fake Bond film Never Shay Never Again he should have jacked it in and accepted he was an old man

Postby vodkadiet

Muppet147 wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Connery is a senile old fool who likes to preach to the non tax dodgers who actually live in Scotland that they should break free from the UK, hes that scatty though that he used to support Celtic, now he supports Rangers. (though that may have since changed again)

Salmond is a fat bald ultimate lovely man De Luxe, hes a total cretin who eats a pie for every vote he gets. He must be stopped before he breaks up the Union for his own ego trip and sadistic pleasures.

Connery is a legend, senile or not.

There aren't many Jocks as cool as he is. Meanwhile, Ferguson should be executed.

Ferguson ain't that bad. He is only taking orders from Hearn. Another thing about Ferguson is he had an uncanny kack of losing 10-8 in the first round of The Worlds in the 90s.

Postby vodkadiet

I think Connery was better in Marnie. That suited him more than his Bond roles.

Anyway, like Clint Eastwood, he has become a joke now. I don't know why they just don't disappear from view when they reach 70.

Postby vodkadiet

Jewell wrote:Vodka, I think he was talking about Alex Ferguson and not Jason.

I know that, I was just joking. Ferguson wasn't a bad player.

I remember he was leading 6-3 against Hendry after the first session against Hendry in 96, and was level at 8-8 against Higgins in 98. Both Hendry and Higgins went on to win the title in those years.

Postby Witz78

Jewell wrote:I don't know... I think Connery is abit overrated, to be honest. People tend to get misty-eyed about him because he was the very first James Bond, but that's overlooking the fact that there have been others who have played the role much better than he did.

Lets face it they can make a big deal about the Bond franchise being 50 years old but if effectively ended in 1985 when Moore did his last film, the golden age of Bond was over.

No surprise that they pumped out 14 official 007 films and 2 unofficial ones in the first 23 years, yet in the 27 since, theres been a meagre 9 films.

Postby Witz78

Jewell wrote:I remember that match in 96. It caused quite a stir because people were Hendry's reign was finally coming to an end.

Little did we know at the time but 1996 was Hendry's last year as a peak performer.

You aint falling for WIlds propaganda that Hendry was over the hill at the age of 27 are you rofl

Postby vodkadiet

Jewell wrote:I remember that match in 96. It caused quite a stir because people were Hendry's reign was finally coming to an end.

Little did we know at the time but 1996 was Hendry's last year as a peak performer.

I could only get 6/4 on Hendry to win the event, even when he was 3-6 down.

Postby vodkadiet

Wild WC wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Wild WC wrote:there is a thread for James bond discussion here viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3768

Did Steve James ever play Nigel Bond in a tournament? It must have happened.

http://www.cuetracker.net/pages/h2h.php?ID1=1738&ID2=25

Thanks. Nigel had the Indian sign over motorbike mad Steve!

Postby vodkadiet

Jewell wrote:Hendry was 4/7 one year for the World Title. The shortest price Ronnie has ever been is Even money in 2003.

That must have been with those crooks Ladbrokes. It was probably 1993.

Postby vodkadiet

Jewell wrote:How high did Steve James get in the rankings? I remember he was one of the top players in the 90s, although that's not really saying much.

I think he reached number 7. That was his seeding for the 92 worlds, when he lost 10-9 to Dene O'Kane, from 9-6 up.

Postby vodkadiet

Jewell wrote:Vodka, you're right, both of those prices were with Ladbrokes.

I once asked a guy from Ladrokes what price a certain cricketer was to be top scorer for his side in a test match and just kept getting asked back "How much are you having on?"; I kept replying "No, what price is it?". This went on for about 5 minutes, until I walked out of the shop, and never returned!

Postby Smart

Lucky wrote:Thorne works for Sky on the PL and the shoot out, the Beeb won't like that.....the sooner they lose the snooker coverage the better IMHO, dated coverage, rarely in HD hidden away on the red button. if the sports to grow, Hearns gotta show some bottle and tell the BBC to do one. <ok>

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

that post was brilliant, and if it had been written by Smart - UK Champ prediction champ I would not of been surprised, it was up there with his sort of quality and content. Well done <ok> :wave:

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:
Lucky wrote:Thorne works for Sky on the PL and the shoot out, the Beeb won't like that.....the sooner they lose the snooker coverage the better IMHO, dated coverage, rarely in HD hidden away on the red button. if the sports to grow, Hearns gotta show some bottle and tell the BBC to do one. <ok>

that post was brilliant, and if it had been written by Smart - UK Champ prediction champ I would not of been surprised, it was up there with his sort of quality and content. Well done <ok> :wave:

when the BBC Contract up for renewal he has to show whos boss and take it elsewhere ...

the BBC is holding snooker to ransom and have done for a few years but just remember we could then end up with a china based World Championship IF Other British channels not interested.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:It might well end up there whatever once the Crucible contract comes to an end. It all depends how much money the Chinese are ready to put on the table. That's all Hearn will look at.

i think its important to note at the moment the BBC despite their rubbish coverage and the crucible contract has kept snooker on these shores.

the British press cant wait to see the back of the game.

Postby Andre147

Wild WC wrote:
Smart wrote:

when the BBC Contract up for renewal he has to show whos boss and take it elsewhere ...

the BBC is holding snooker to ransom and have done for a few years but just remember we could then end up with a china based World Championship IF Other British channels not interested.

Yes that's right... if Hearn were to have some bottle and definately end the contract with the BBC, don't think any other British channel would be interested in transmiting it... We all know Sky wnats their shot clocks and so on... the Worlds is the exact opposite, so no chance there I reckon... as for ITV.. doubt they would show any interest, unlike in the past... I definately believe the World Champs will move to China sooner than some of us could have anticipated, including me

Postby Lucky

Sky would snap it up and definately not mess with the formats of the majority of rankers, especially the majors. They would do the sport justice and give it proper coverage....the only down side of Sky is that they aren't big on 'sharing' sports...so the Eurosport coverage would be a casualty, in the UK at least. Weather the continental Eurosport channel would still be allowed coverage????? Who knows :shrug: