Post a reply

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Final Discussion.

Postby Alex0paul

Wild WC wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:4-4 would be a huge escape for Selby

that what matchplay is all about and the story of John Higgins career.

Yes, I know

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:4-4 would be a huge escape for Selby

that what matchplay is all about and the story of John Higgins career.

Yes, I know

i know you would know but there are some others on here that don't seem to understand that

i feel it my duty to educate <ok>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:of course we know what matchplay is you fool

wed just rather see pure snooker as opposed to pure dross

you did notice who i was talking about then :D

4-4

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Selby does what he does best. Solid matchplay and he's 4-4.

Exactly... Higgins style indeed.

4 all a fair reflection i reckon. Should be a cracking evening session, with lots of drama I hope.

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:Sunday 9th of December

8pm

Shaun Murphy 4-4 Mark Selby

make it 8.15 by the time Hazel waffles on :spot on:

Bet they do big glitzy players introductions to make it look like theres an atmosphere and snookers exciting then within seconds that clown Scullion will be telling everyone to sit in silence <doh> <doh>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild WC wrote:Sunday 9th of December

8pm

Shaun Murphy 4-4 Mark Selby

make it 8.15 by the time Hazel waffles on :spot on:

Bet they do big glitzy players introductions to make it look like theres an atmosphere and snookers exciting then within seconds that clown Scullion will be telling everyone to sit in silence <doh> <doh>

yup the scots do like to waffle on and on and on and on :roll:

Postby Monique

Witz78 wrote:This 8pm start is a nonsense

Im sure the players would sooner get on with it too than have a 2 and a half hour break, a 7pm start would have been fine.

And a 7 pm start would mean 8pm or 9pm for mainland european viewers which is late enough, especially as it will be 8:15 before they actually start. If the players need a longer break they could start at 1pm in the afternoon like they did every other day.
Also why play 8/11 and not 9/10? We have a possible 11 frames tonight. It might end well past midnight, hence well past 1am or 2am in Europe. And Monday is a work day for us.
So much for promoting snooker to new markets.

Postby Wildey

Im sure the players would sooner get on with it too than have a 2 and a half hour break, a 7pm start would have been fine.

couldn't agree more.

you waste norvous energy fannying about just waiting to go on.......by the time Hazel and the Team stops talking and players out it will be way past 8

Postby AC or LT?

Don't the finals in most BBC events start at 8pm. I'm pretty sure the World Championship has done. The afternoon session could have finished at gone 6 which is probably why the evening was moved back to give them an hours minimum break - enough time to grab some food and a quick practice.

Postby Alex0paul

Monique wrote:

And a 7 pm start would mean 8pm or 9pm for mainland european viewers which is late enough, especially as it will be 8:15 before they actually start. If the players need a longer break they could start at 1pm in the afternoon like they did every other day.
Also why play 8/11 and not 9/10? We have a possible 11 frames tonight. It might end well past midnight, hence well past 1am or 2am in Europe. And Monday is a work day for us.

Ye and why do the Chinese events play during the day when everyone is at work and can't watch. How selfish of them.

Postby Alex0paul

Skullman wrote:But why does the afternoon session have to start at two, why not one like the rest of the week? And why an eight and eleven frame split, why not nine and ten?

Because the first session is the starter and the final session is the main course. You wouldn't want too big a starter else it would ruin the main course.

Postby Monique

Alex0paul wrote:
Monique wrote:

Ye and why do the Chinese events play during the day when everyone is at work and can't watch. How selfish of them.

What harm would it do to the British viewers to start one hour earlier? Especially if you want youngsters interested in the sport? None at all. It would be a win-win game. So stop being a hammer.
This is only because BBC wants it this way. It's not in the interest of the sport by any means.

Postby Witz78

what good does it do the beeb though cos lets face it if the final goes on late then only proper snooker diehards are going to keep watching, your casual fan is going to go to his bed as he has to get up early for work tomorrow.

the old Sunday afternoon finish was far better.

Postby AC or LT?

simplysnooker wrote:Can't see it finishing before midnight unless one of them runs away with it. Been a good final so far, hoping Murphy can pull it out the bag, quite some time since he won a major.

Selby needs to win, if he can get this out of the way he can focus on a World Championship win to complete his set.

Postby Smart

Monique wrote:

Snooker is a UK based game, so Europe needs to understand that timings are for UK people not Europeans benefit. China is many hours ahead but I dont moan that I miss certain matches or that it does not fit my schedule all the time.

Mainland Europe = full of moaners and whingers, shoot the lot of them :wave: