Post a reply

Williamhill.com UK Championship Final Discussion.

Postby Wildey

Saturday 1st ~ Sunday 9th of December at The Barbican Centre, York

After 8 Days of Intensity we are Down to the Final.

and it Brings Together 2 players of the same Generation Shaun Murphy Former World and UK Champion and Mark Selby The twice Masters champion and the Current World no 1 who reclaimed top spot from Judd Trump by reaching the Final But now he wants to win Big Tournaments.

Who will become the 36th winner of this great event ?

DRAW

Final

Shaun Murphy v Mark Selby

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Final Discussion.

Postby Andre147

So... here we are... the FINAL... between Murphy and Selby.

A good one I'm sure it will be, want Murphy to win but even if Selby wins dont care that much to be honest.. just hope it is a good match, with great safety potting and breakbuilding... also a bit of drama is welcome aswell

Postby Skullman

Wouldn't mind Murphy winning if he was playing anyone other than Selby. But Selby is my favourite player and tbh 2 rankers is far too few for him and when both are at their best I'd say Selby was better anyway.

Postby Witz78

cant believe the bookies have made Wiggy the odds on favourite

for me Murphy is the clear favourite based on the form shown this week

Wiggy has the stigma of being world number 1 round his neck again too and will no doubt retreat into his shell of ultra negativity and only start playing when hes 4 or 5 frames behind and at the point of no return.

Firmly in the Murphy camp for this one

the irony being i used to be a fan of Selby and i used to hate Murphy

Postby Witz78

No having a weekend off the drink this weekend, needed it as had a mad few days down in York then 2 midweek nights out there at Human League and Status Quo gigs. Ok partying and drinking hard till 3 or 4am thru the week until you realise you have to start work at 8am. Even had to abandon some chick id been plying with drink in a club on Weds night as i suddenly realised it was 3am and panic set in that i had to get home and to my bed or id be in line for the sack.

Plus have a heavy weekend next weekend lined up, PTC on the Friday and Sunday with my works Xmas do on the Sat night so ill leave the dancing to someone else this weekend.

Postby vodkadiet

Witz78 wrote:No having a weekend off the drink this weekend, needed it as had a mad few days down in York then 2 midweek nights out there at Human League and Status Quo gigs. Ok partying and drinking hard till 3 or 4am thru the week until you realise you have to start work at 8am. Even had to abandon some chick id been plying with drink in a club on Weds night as i suddenly realised it was 3am and panic set in that i had to get home and to my bed or id be in line for the sack.

Plus have a heavy weekend next weekend lined up, PTC on the Friday and Sunday with my works Xmas do on the Sat night so ill leave the dancing to someone else this weekend.

Lightweight!

Postby PLtheRef

I get the feeling that Shaun's name is on the trophy this time given the way his exploits have taken him through against both Luca and Ali who in fairness both should have beaten him. Mark seems to have been a bit more solid today but has not been at his total best this week in particular when he slipped 4-0 behind against Robertson and 3-0 behind against Day.

Going to be close and if Selby plays a tight and patient game, could well be still playing it this time tomorrow

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:If Murphy wins hes equalled the MAJORS WON IN THEIR 30S tally that Hendry had :D

Get back to the point, sir.

Remember Turtle Power by Partners In Kryme? I had it on the juke box tonight.

<ok>

I never understood the difference between Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles :limp:

Postby hendry_fan

Good mornig all,*yawwwwwwn,stretttttttch*!. :-D

So it,s Selby v Murphy in the final!.

How on earth did Murphy manage that,he usualy plays very good snooker until he gets as far as the semis,his form then usualy plunges,ah well he,s been due a good run i guess,can he take his good form and produce it in todays final!.

Great to see Selby in yet another final,his form has been up and down lately,i like Mark,so it,s great to see him back in form.

I,d personally like to see Selby win this although i won,t be that disapointerd if Murphy was to win,as i think he,s ok.

Murphy used to get a lot of stick but he,s now well liked by many these days.

Postby Roland

Just as long he wins he can take all week for all I care.

It's obvious he has to mess the table up. An open table favours Murphy, a messy table favours Selby.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Just as long he wins he can take all week for all I care.

It's obvious he has to mess the table up. An open table favours Murphy, a messy table favours Selby.

yup take your time Mark <ok>

Postby hendry_fan

I hope were not gonna have to read bout Monique rambling on about Selby bein NEGATIVE!. :td: <laugh>

If Selbys NEGATIV then 80% of the rest of the crop are NEGATIV too!.

Postby hendry_fan

<doh> <doh> <doh> All this NEGATIVE drivvel!. <doh> <doh> <doh>

A lot of players have turned down pots which and have chosen to be more CAREFUL,play more safe,one could say that they are NEGATIV!.

Postby Wildey

hendry_fan wrote:

I hope were not gonna have to read bout Monique rambling on about Selby bein NEGATIVE!. :td: <laugh>

Ali Carter has played over the Last year some of the most negative snooker ive ever seen in 30 years and he gets away with it without being endlessly criticized every event.

Postby hendry_fan

Wild WC wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:

Ali Carter has played over the Last year some of the most negative snooker ive ever seen in 30 years and he gets away with it without being endlessly criticized every event.

Absolutely Wild WC!. <ok> :-D

The Selby critics = :wave:

Monique = :wave:

<laugh>

Postby Wildey

lets be honest all this Selby negative cobblers stemmed from a comment by Ronnie after Selby beat him in a final that even selby himself became paranoid.

Selby was never negative

he plays the percentages and adapts to situation.

if a Fast player is Flowing there's no point playing to their strengths you slow things down its called Match Play.

Postby Simone

hendry_fan wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:

Absolutely Wild WC!. <ok> :-D

The Selby critics = :wave:

Monique = :wave:

<laugh>

Absolutely. How come Selby would be a negative player when he is so great pressure-player.. Selby´s a positive player ffs.