Topic locked

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Semi Final Discussion.

Postby Skullman

Wild WC wrote:
Skullman wrote:Great shot from Smurph potting that red in off the red in baulk. Will need more shots like that to somehow win the frame.

that final red is in perfect position to get behind the brown

Looks like Smurph has squandered his chances. Very difficult for Smurph to come back now.

Postby Andre147

yeah skull... and if Murphy loses this semi, as it looks like now, how many ranking semis has he now lost in a row? cant know for sure to be honest... must be around 7 or 8 I reckon

Postby Andre147

Jewell wrote:Has Mark Davis got any chance of beating Selby tommorow? Or is that match a foregone conclusion already?

He beat Higgins, so you never know. But I think over this longer format Selby will prevail, but i reckon will be a close match anyway.

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:Murphy would need 5 in a row, which seems highly unlikely.

Selby got 6 last night

Nothing is impossible

harder when on the brink though

has Carter a history of bottling leads like this, im struggling to think of anything instantly

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:yeah skull... and if Murphy loses this semi, as it looks like now, how many ranking semis has he now lost in a row? cant know for sure to be honest... must be around 7 or 8 I reckon

By my count it's seven if you count the PTC grand finals. Otherwise the last time he made it past the semis was the 2009 Worlds and this'll be his ninth semi lost in a row.

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:has Carter a history of bottling leads like this, im struggling to think of anything instantly

His botle is surprisingly good against players whose names aren't Ronnie O'Sullivan or John Higgins.

Postby Skullman

Carter was a bit negative this frame, Smurph wasn't and he takes the frame.

8-5. Shaun has made comebacks like this before. I'm sure he still believes he can win. Ali can't take his foot off the gas.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Carter was a bit negative this frame, Smurph wasn't and he takes the frame.

8-5. Shaun has made comebacks like this before. I'm sure he still believes he can win. Ali can't take his foot off the gas.

He once cameback from 8-2 down against Ding in the Wuxi Classics final, so everything possible

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:Carter was a bit negative this frame, Smurph wasn't and he takes the frame.

He once cameback from 8-2 down against Ding in the Wuxi Classics final, so everything possible

Plus there was the win from 7-12 against Stevens.

Postby Sickpotter

SnookerFan wrote:Shaun suddenly playing well.

Happens a lot when your back's against the wall with nothing to lose. Cue arm frees up, pressure disappears and player form picks up.

Smurph quite capable of pulling it back, Carter quite capable of bottling it.

Certainly adds interest to the match, good luck to both players.

Postby SnookerFan

Who saw that the nurse that revealed details of Kate Middleton has been found dead?

As usual, I am behing on the news. Michael Holt was just discussing it on Twitter. When he said it was tragic, I assumed he meant she'd lost her job.

She's been found dead.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:Who saw that the nurse that revealed details of Kate Middleton has been found dead?

As usual, I am behing on the news. Michael Holt was just discussing it on Twitter. When he said it was tragic, I assumed he meant she'd lost her job.

She's been found dead.

OFF TOPIC

plus its old news, broke about 8 hours ago, your almost as late as the nurse

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
OFF TOPIC

I said I was behind on the news. Despite spelling it behing.

I've been watch snooker all day. I didn't consider Will and Kates, and some spastic DJs from Australia worth paying attention to. Sad she died though.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
OFF TOPIC

I've been watch snooker all day. I didn't consider Will and Kates, and some spastic DJs from Australia worth paying attention to. Sad she died though.

No wonder we hate the Aussies

Postby AC or LT?

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
OFF TOPIC

To be fair if I'd have put the call through even if I knew it was a hoax. Sad that the nurse felt the need to take her own life over a rather minor incident.

Back to the snooker though. Carter close to winning this now.

Postby SnookerFan

I wonder if she topped herself. When it happened I thought; "There's a woman who'll lose her job."

I think Michael Holt is snake hissed at me, as well. I think he took my tweet the wrong way, for not knowing what he meant. Never mind, Holt is a douche....

On unrelated news Murphy pulls it back to 8-6.

Postby SnookerFan

AC or LT? wrote:
To be fair if I'd have put the call through even if I knew it was a hoax. Sad that the nurse felt the need to take her own life over a rather minor incident.

Back to the snooker though. Carter close to winning this now.

She weren't in trouble for putting it through. She was in trouble for handing out personal information about a patient over the phone. That's a big no-no in the NHS.

Like you say though, back to Murphy's comeback. Can he make it 8-7?