Topic locked

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Last 32 Discussion.

Postby Roland

SnookerFan wrote:Changing the subject. just had the news on. They're on about the floods all over the country. They showed a picture of York totally emerged in water. I hope this doesn't affect the tournament. Will players have trouble getting there etc?

Sonny, you're in York. How bad is it?

The Barbican is too high to flood so UK definitely won't be affected. Plus York is used to floods, life goes on.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:
The Barbican is too high to flood so UK definitely won't be affected. Plus York is used to floods, life goes on.

A bit like the riots in Croydon, then. It was bigger news to the rest of the rest of the country, because in Croydon we're so used to people beating each other up. <laugh>

Sundaygirl is going to come on in a minute, and remind everybody I went and stayed with my mum for a couple of days. :emb:

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Sonny wrote:

A bit like the riots in Croydon, then. It was bigger news to the rest of the rest of the country, because in Croydon we're so used to people beating each other up. <laugh>

Sundaygirl is going to come on in a minute, and remind everybody I went and stayed with my mum for a couple of days. :emb:

<doh>

no need for her to now that youve regourgated this sorry tale again for the umpteenth time <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

From the BBC website;

Mark Allen insists he was right to accuse Marco Fu of deliberately cheating, as the pair prepare for their UK Championship opener on Sunday.
"It was a heat-of-the-moment comment," says Allen. "It was a comment that I still stand by. I'd never said anything about Marco as a person. Marco as a person is one of the nicest people you'd ever meet."

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:From the BBC website;

Mark Allen insists he was right to accuse Marco Fu of deliberately cheating, as the pair prepare for their UK Championship opener on Sunday.
"It was a heat-of-the-moment comment," says Allen. "It was a comment that I still stand by. I'd never said anything about Marco as a person. Marco as a person is one of the nicest people you'd ever meet."

Similarly, Allen is one of the fattest most obnoxious turds you'd ever meet.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:I notice the Mosconi Cup is starting the day after the UK Championship finishes.

I wonder if this means we'll get any of the lovely Michaela Tabb refereeing the early rounds in York. :evilgrin:

York Hall, Befnall Green......you and muppet could go together, as Cockney chums :wave:

Postby Wildey

Saturday 1st of December

11am

John Higgins v Michael Holt
Barry Hawkins v Liang Wenbo

Not Before 2pm

Ding Junhui v Ryan Day
Stephen Maguire v Fergal O'Brien

7pm

Mark Selby v Michael White
Graeme Dott v Martin Gould

Postby Smart

Casey wrote:Allen is either on the wind up or trying to get himself banned.

he does not seem to care at all.......

Allen wrote:"Once that [suspended ban] finishes, I will have a few more things to say," he explained.

"Some stuff has happened in the last few months that I don't think is very good and not fair on certain people so no doubt I will be a spokesperson for the players.

"There are definitely things I want to say but I need to get them out in the right way. I am itching to say these things."

rofl

Postby Smart

Jewell wrote:
Smart wrote:
Jewell wrote:I'm not looking forward to this as much as I would normally. Just need a few good mathes early on in the tournament to get me in the mood.

why is that Jewell :wave:

You know why.

I asked you why Jewell.........here is a ????? why cant you enjoy the snooker Jewell ????? :wave:

Postby Wildey

this is without a doubt Best UK Championship for Many year the only thing missing is Ronnie but its his decision to do that so we move on.

nobody goes on forever Ronnie threatened to retire in 1994 just appreciate what hes given since then.

if fans cant move on the legacy left by great players of the past will mean nothing and Ronnie has left a great legacy if he will never play competitively again.

Postby Smart

Jewell wrote:
Smart wrote:you need a second favourite or to start betting heavily or something else mate to help you enjoy the snooker again, GL fella :wave:

I had a second favourite. His name was Stephen Lee and look at how that turned out. :emb:

pmsl

you need to look for a player who has a long future .........why not a Chinese player. Li Yan, Xiao Guodong, Zhanger...all excellent prospects. :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

I think it's good that we're seeing some decent young talent coming through in this tournament. We get to see if Brecel can build on his appearance at The Crucible. Cao Yupeng has qualified for yet another tournament. Jack Lisowski is there. It's good to see Liang Wenbo back again. He's not exactly a new face, but as the guy who was supposed to replace Ding as China's Number 1 player, it'll be good to see if he can start making progress.

Who knows, maybe you'll have a new favourite by the end of the week.

Postby SnookerFan

Changing the subject, I was trying to watch the football results come in on the BBC website last night, and they said they were doing an opinion poll/questionnaire jobby on what I thought of their red button coverage.

True to form, the pile of rubbish I keep in my bedroom and pretend is a computer decided it didn't want to show anything without freezing every 30 seconds, so I got hacked off and have e-mailed the BBC exactly what I thought of their idea to reduce the snooker I can watch via the Red Button on my television. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

World Snooker ‏@WorldSnooker1
Dennis Taylor will be on BBC Radio 5 Live's Colin Murray show at 9.15pm tomorrow night to preview the http://williamhill.com UK Championship

What's the point in that? I doubt Taylor has watched any snooker since The Crucible. All he'll do is tell us how many of the players' parents he's played golf with.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

World Snooker ‏@WorldSnooker1
Dennis Taylor will be on BBC Radio 5 Live's Colin Murray show at 9.15pm tomorrow night to preview the http://williamhill.com UK Championship

What's the point in that? I doubt Taylor has watched any snooker since The Crucible. All he'll do is tell us how many of the players' parents he's played golf with.

is he taking Willie or JV along as his bull is normally a combined effort :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
is he taking Willie or JV along as his bull is normally a combined effort :wave:

There's no need for Virgo, as there is no debate as to where a cue ball is going.

Also, no need for Willie. Dennis Taylor is there, so they'll already have one. <laugh>

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:

There's no need for Virgo, as there is no debate as to where a cue ball is going.

Also, no need for Willie. Dennis Taylor is there, so they'll already have one. <laugh>

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :wave: