Post a reply

Re: UK Championship Draw and Format

Postby Skullman

Snookerfan makes a thread that isn't a week out of date?!

Joking aside, looks like we have some crackers as possible last 16 matches, Judd v Carter and Selby v Ding being the stand out matches for me.

Postby Skullman

Something I hadn't realised before: no Stephen Lee in the draw. I'm sure the entry date was before his suspension so he's been removed. They wouldn't remove him unless they had a very good reason and they're sure that he would be playing in December. Not looking good for him...

Postby Smart

Skullman wrote:Something I hadn't realised before: no Stephen Lee in the draw. I'm sure the entry date was before his suspension so he's been removed. They wouldn't remove him unless they had a very good reason and they're sure that he would be playing in December. Not looking good for him...

excellent news <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:have you heard the breaking news about Ronnie not playing again this season, its all over the internet apparently :wave: :wave: :wave:

Ronnie? Is he a player? Never heard of him. :|

Postby Roland

Robbo and Selby in the same quarter for once, only problem is Ding could ruin it.

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:Robbo and Selby in the same quarter for once, only problem is Ding could ruin it.

Yeah that's one match up I would absolutely love to see it happening... but, as you say, Ding could spoil the party in here for us if he manages to beat Selby in 2nd if both reach it.

It's amazing that Robbo and Selby have never met in a ranking tournament if I'm not mistaken, let alone a major one... Only some PL matches and pointless CL ones.

Postby SnookerFan

Really is incredible how long that's gone on. Especially for two players of that class. With so many tournaments these days, you'd assume everybody had played everybody, even if it was only PTCs.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Really is incredible how long that's gone on. Especially for two players of that class. With so many tournaments these days, you'd assume everybody had played everybody, even if it was only PTCs.

The only Non CL/PL Match they played was in the 2006 Welsh Open Last 48 Selby won 5-3

BTW head to head 7-2 Selby with 1 draw

Postby Simone

I would predict Murphy reaching semis pretty comprehensively with that draw. Now when Hendry and Ronnie are out at least temporarily would love to see Shaun taking the command.. He´s such a class act even he has received some criticism about his persona and doings but so has Ronnie, Hendry and Steve Davis also.

Army of the Chinese lads playing and rounding up with the game but Ding only one there being a big contender. And not looking to easy for him with Selby looming in round 2 and if somehow managed to get through that then possibly Robertson, then Higgins...

Postby Wildey

Last 32 Draw To Be Played in York 1st-9th of December

Judd Trump v Mark Joyce
Ali Carter v Steve Davis
Stuart Bingham v Jack Lisowski
Stephen Maguire v Fergal O’Brien
Mark Williams v Mark King
Ricky Walden v Luca Brecel
Graeme Dott v Martin Gould
Shaun Murphy v Robert Milkins
----------------------------------------------------------------
John Higgins v Michael Holt
Mark Davis v Cao Yupeng
Matthew Stevens v Dominic Dale
Mark Allen v Marco Fu
Neil Robertson v Tom Ford
Barry Hawkins v Liang Wenbo
Ding Junhui v Ryan Day
Mark Selby v Michael White

Postby PLtheRef

Wild WC wrote:Last 32 Draw To Be Played in York 1st-9th of December

Judd Trump v Mark Joyce
Ali Carter v Steve Davis
Stuart Bingham v Jack Lisowski
Stephen Maguire v Fergal O’Brien
Mark Williams v Mark King
Ricky Walden v Luca Brecel
Graeme Dott v Martin Gould
Shaun Murphy v Robert Milkins
----------------------------------------------------------------
John Higgins v Michael Holt
Mark Davis v Cao Yupeng
Matthew Stevens v Dominic Dale
Mark Allen v Marco Fu
Neil Robertson v Tom Ford
Barry Hawkins v Liang Wenbo
Ding Junhui v Ryan Day
Mark Selby v Michael White

Looking at that you could pick out nine, possibly ten names amongst the qualifiers who could reach the second round

Postby Simone

simplysnooker wrote:Some interesting ties in there, going to have to sort out which match I'll watch from each session over the weekend.

Yes, but no Dame N`Doye, Ibrahima Toure or Papiss Cisse playing there.

Postby Wildey

Simone wrote:
simplysnooker wrote:Some interesting ties in there, going to have to sort out which match I'll watch from each session over the weekend.

Yes, but no Dame N`Doye, Ibrahima Toure or Papiss Cisse playing there.

what ??