Post a reply

Re: WS International Championship Final Discussion !!!

Postby GJ

Muppet147 wrote:
Jewell wrote:Right then, just placed a sizeable bet on Trump. Hopefully, he'll stand tall in the face of Robbo's antics.

What odds did you get?

odds on

mug bookies

<ok>

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
Jewell wrote:Right then, just placed a sizeable bet on Trump. Hopefully, he'll stand tall in the face of Robbo's antics.

What odds did you get?

odds on

mug bookies

<ok>

i might take Robbo as a cover bet then since hes odds against, 11/10 or 6/5 im guessing if Judds 4/6.

Postby Skullman

Anyway, I think the match will come down to how much Judd wobbles. Anyone else noticed that when he goes ahead he becomes less clinical? Pots start being missed, position becomes a bit more dodgy and the likelihood of the frame being taken in one visit goes down. It's been going on for a while.

Normally he builds up enough of lead to have a decent cushion and gets over the line eventually, but if Robbo can take advantage, like Higgins did, then he can win.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Monique wrote:Wild, one of the beauties of snooker is precisely that one can appreciate for various aspects and that it can appeal to people who aren't necessarily all looking for the same thing. That means that some matches will appeal to some people more than others and there is nothing wrong with that. You enjoyed this session, great for you. I didn't and you have no right to tell me I'm not a snooker fan because I didn't. Your tastes are not the same as mine, that's all or maybe, as I said, I just wasn't in the mood for that type of session today. I think I'm entitled to say that I wouldn't devote so much time, energy and, yes, money as well, into promoting the sport if I wasn't a fan. We just look at it from different point of views.

Wild should just be open about who he wants to win matches instead of coming out with all this waffle about different styles etc.

Yesterday he wanted all out attack Judd to whip snooker Ebdon

Now suddenly today hes in favour of a negative slow player.

From one day to the next he forgets what his logic and arguments are then supports who he wants and has to concoct some BS argument to back it up <doh>

are you a total bucking hammer ?

i never said i don't like Ebdons style i just don't like the annoying bucking tit full stop with all this carrot juice cobblers and the bucking rubbish that comes out of the Wally's mouth.

come to think about it are you two related.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Monique wrote:Wild, one of the beauties of snooker is precisely that one can appreciate for various aspects and that it can appeal to people who aren't necessarily all looking for the same thing. That means that some matches will appeal to some people more than others and there is nothing wrong with that. You enjoyed this session, great for you. I didn't and you have no right to tell me I'm not a snooker fan because I didn't. Your tastes are not the same as mine, that's all or maybe, as I said, I just wasn't in the mood for that type of session today. I think I'm entitled to say that I wouldn't devote so much time, energy and, yes, money as well, into promoting the sport if I wasn't a fan. We just look at it from different point of views.

I understand that monique but honest to god i cant understand what people want from a match.

all i want is a competitive match

Every frame in that session could go either way it made it exciting not knowing who would win frames until the final moment of each frame.

What you don't seem to understand is that others might no want the same thing as you do from a match. I'm a fan of snooker and of most billiard games, but maybe I'm not that much a fan of sports, because if I'm given the choice between a competitive match and a skillful match, I will take the latter any time. What fascinates me is the creativity and imagination of the players, as well as their ability to execute their plans. It's the understanding of the geometry, the angles and physics of the balls. That's why I'm a big fan of 3-cushions as well. I'm not saying that I don't enjoy the competitive side of the sports at all, but it's not my main focus.
I will never tell you that your focus on competitive snooker is wrong - it's what makes you tick, so that's the right approach for you. I'm a different person, with a different mind and different tastes, and I expect you to accept that I enjoy a different side of snooker more and that it doesn't make me less of a fan, that just makes me a different type of fan.

ok fair enough <ok> :-)

Postby GJ

if robbo wins tomorrow it will some battle betwee him and judd for top spot by the end of this season

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:if robbo wins tomorrow it will some battle betwee him and judd for top spot by the end of this season

i cant lose tomorrow

if someone wrote the script they did a great job.

Postby Roland

Wild WC wrote:
Sonny wrote:ah stop stirring it :stir:

dont worry im working hard on not responding i had a blip with witz rofl

A quality blip it must be said. Great opening question and you expressed your feelings on Ebdon with passion.

Postby GJ

Wild WC wrote:
GJ wrote:if robbo wins tomorrow it will some battle betwee him and judd for top spot by the end of this season

i cant lose tomorrow

if someone wrote the script they did a great job.

if judd wins hat off to him

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

A quality blip it must be said. Great opening question and you expressed your feelings on Ebdon with passion.

when he was near the top he used to say in interviews.

my preparation for the World championship is going very well bla bla bla

despite being totally rubbish for months prior

and i used to think to my self

Shut up you bucking pin end

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Wild should just be open about who he wants to win matches instead of coming out with all this waffle about different styles etc.

Yesterday he wanted all out attack Judd to whip snooker Ebdon

Now suddenly today hes in favour of a negative slow player.

From one day to the next he forgets what his logic and arguments are then supports who he wants and has to concoct some BS argument to back it up <doh>

are you a total bucking hammer ?

i never said i don't like Ebdons style i just don't like the annoying bucking tit full stop with all this carrot juice cobblers and the bucking rubbish that comes out of the Wally's mouth.

come to think about it are you two related.

:D

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:
Sonny wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

WASNT AS ENDLESS AS HENDRY CONSTANTLY SAYING HE WAS "PLAYING WELL IN PRACTICE" BEFORE AND AFTER HUMILIATING PERFORMANCES <doh>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Sonny wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

WASNT AS ENDLESS AS HENDRY CONSTANTLY SAYING HE WAS "PLAYING WELL IN PRACTICE" BEFORE AND AFTER HUMILIATING PERFORMANCES <doh>

hendrys retired lets keep it on the present players ebdon is a tit end of

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:Ebdons a character as well as an all time great.

surely hes better for snooker than some of the emotionless robots ????

and yet you tourist robbo for rattling a few feathers

:gag: :grrr: ;-)

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:

I dont like Robbo mate, sorry thats the way it is.

But he is good for snooker, i wont deny that and i do admire his gamesmanship, its just annoying when its against people im supporting <ok>

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:

I dont like Robbo mate, sorry thats the way it is.

fair play

But he is good for snooker, i wont deny that and i do admire his gamesmanship, its just annoying when its against people im supporting <ok>

Postby GJ

a smart poster on daves blog

Wasn't Robertson's sole loss in the PTC final, which was a rather wimpy best of 7? In finals of proper length i.e. two session or more he still effectively has a 100% record...

<ok> :hatoff: :D

Postby GJ

Muppet147 wrote:I believe the expression is 'rustling a few feathers.' Then again, you are a foreigner - like that camp snooker player you worship - so you shouldn't be expected to speak proper English.

nah its ruffling

once again you live up to your name <laugh> rofl :chuckle:

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:a smart poster on daves blog

Wasn't Robertson's sole loss in the PTC final, which was a rather wimpy best of 7? In finals of proper length i.e. two session or more he still effectively has a 100% record...

<ok> :hatoff: :D

what about Robbos 100% record to Judd in two session matches? rofl

Postby Witz78

talking of SJS, ive a bit of a dilemma for you GJ

i was out on a works night out last night, not that many turned up and eventually it ended up just me and 3 others in some club. the other guy had paired off with the bird (both have partners so it was a bit dodgy)

anyway, i was left with some other bird from the office but shes bloody in her 40s and hardly a looker, i just kept going back every so often for my drink at the table she was at on her todd, then id snake hiss back up the dancefloor to try and find some young fluff.

Anyway eventually drink and tiredness kicked in, and i stupidly sat down with her and got a bit over friendly, infact i prob employed some of SJS's trademark moves on her so im dreading going into work on Monday.

Think ill play the old card of "i cant remember a thing after we hut that nightclub" haha