Post a reply

Re: Trump v Robbo - Post Final discussion

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:Pleased for Judd that he cemented his WN1 spot. I was impartial throughout, like both players and just wanted a good match and that's what happened. To be honest all the way up till 8-8 and Judd getting in the balls I thought Robbo had it won because he controlled the tempo of the match. Judd played some great stuff at the end to win, he also showed an improvement in his game tactially in finding the balance between attack and defend. He's becoming the complete player.

The same for me Sonny... had no personal favourite, like them both and their styles of play, although I slightly favoured Judd as 2 consecutive ranking finals lost would be a bit too much... And, like you rightly say, he is fast becoming a complete player, and that can only be good for his game and to win more titles... Earlier than Ronnie for instance, who became a more all round player in 2004 when coached by Reardon, and he was already aged 28 I think... So yeah Judd really improving his safety and shot selection...

Has to cope better with Higgins's match play snooker, in order to beat him, which so far he heasn't in 2 ranking finals... not easy of course, given the brilliance of John's all round game..

Re: Trump v Robbo - Post Final discussion

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:
Monique wrote:those two Image would probably have a blast at the insults trzded by some of their respective "fans". Only respect and good spirit there.
It was a great final between the two players who are probably the two best at this moment in time. We should be grateful for the treat and entertainment we were given. Judd is showing that he's got more in the lockers than just potting talent, he's truly coming to age. Neil IMO has at least another World Title in him. It's all great for snooker.

Thats a Great post and i have to be honest its been in short supply today.

Sonny and Monique Joint post of the day (not much competition it has to be said)

ever since witz said Judd Bottled the Match when he lost 4 on the spin this morning Gone down hill fast since then.

<doh>

i never said he bottled the match you manipulative twisted plutocrat <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh>

Re: WS International Championship Final Discussion !!!

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:Thread reopened. I'm not about to join in but you can't stop fans banter and wind ups during big matches I'm afraid.

isnt the banter the sort of stuff Wild normally claims is an integral part of a tournament discussion thread :chuckle:

apart from when he doesnt agree with it :gag:

Postby Witz78

Smart wrote:
Sonny wrote:Thread reopened. I'm not about to join in but you can't stop fans banter and wind ups during big matches I'm afraid.

:clap:

Jono brings out a lot of emotions and differences in fans. Well done Jono for that and for choking spectacularly today. Jono :hatoff:

:hatoff:

Postby The Cueist

Smart wrote:
Lucky wrote:BREAKING NEWS................this event has been declared TinPot by GJ.....more soon <ok>

rofl rofl rofl classic rofl rofl rofl rofl

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> :chuckle:

Especially after Murphy said this tournament was the fourth prestigeous behind masters,uk and world championships. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Oh! GJ!!WILD!!! You are funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even when your not being deliberately funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> :-)

Postby vodkadiet

Trump is second rate. It just shows what garbage snooker is being played these days that this limited player is number 1.

No more heroes anymore.

Trump isn't fit to clean John Higgins's ass!

Postby Witz78

vodkadiet wrote:Trump is second rate. It just shows what garbage snooker is being played these days that this limited player is number 1.

No more heroes anymore.

John Higgins and clean in the same sentence <doh>

Postby vodkadiet

Witz78 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Trump is second rate. It just shows what garbage snooker is being played these days that this limited player is number 1.

No more heroes anymore.

John Higgins and clean in the same sentence <doh>

John is dirty, very dirty. However, he is still better than Bristol Girlie Retard.

Trump a hero?!! rofl

Even Rigsby has more class!!!!

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby hendry_fan

Neil Robertson 8-10 *Judd Trump*.

Robbo,losing a final!!!!,that can,t be,must be a rigged final!. ;-)

Well done to Trump!.

Could this be the start of him bein the most dominant,most consistent player of our todays dustbin standards!. :chuckle:

It really makes me LOL when certain commentators rant about how higgggghhh the standards are these days.One of the commentators on Eurosport 2 even said that "the standard has hit the roof". <laugh>
If the stardards are hittin the roof these days,then what kind of standard did we have in the 90,s,00,s !. <laugh> <laugh>
Some commentators probably hardly watched any,if any snooker at all in the 90,s/00,s!. :td:
Many players of the 90,s/00,s could cope with the present bunch.

All the same though,well done Judd,now u can go back to twitter,i wonder what he,ll be twitting about next!. :happy:

Postby The Cueist

Trump played superbly today.

He turned an 8-6 deficit into a 10-8 win.

The tables they play on these days are difficult tables to smash balls in.

The cloths they play on are like a sheet of ice.

Trump has mastered these difficulties with ease.

Even ROS has a torrid time taming Trumpy.

Trump will dominate this game for the next 4 or 5 years.

ROS,HIGGINS,WILLIAMS,STEVENS are all going south what with age and other things in there lives to deal with.

Lee is finished and so is EBDON for different reasons.

Robertson ,Murphy,Ding and Allen are Trumps main contenders,Selby will make him impatient now and again but will not trouble him.Dott the same.

The rest will make quarters and semis against each other,Depending on the way the draw works.

By the next 5 years or so,There will be a lot of chinese players fighting out world finals.

Enjoy what we have right now,As i feel we are in an era of steady decline in terms of snooker playing dominance in the world as a whole.

Postby Andre147

The Cueist wrote:Trump played superbly today.

He turned an 8-6 deficit into a 10-8 win.

The tables they play on these days are difficult tables to smash balls in.

The cloths they play on are like a sheet of ice.

Trump has mastered these difficulties with ease.

Even ROS has a torrid time taming Trumpy.

Trump will dominate this game for the next 4 or 5 years.

ROS,HIGGINS,WILLIAMS,STEVENS are all going south what with age and other things in there lives to deal with.

Lee is finished and so is EBDON for different reasons.

Robertson ,Murphy,Ding and Allen are Trumps main contenders,Selby will make him impatient now and again but will not trouble him.Dott the same.

The rest will make quarters and semis against each other,Depending on the way the draw works.

By the next 5 years or so,There will be a lot of chinese players fighting out world finals.

Enjoy what we have right now,As i feel we are in an era of steady decline in terms of snooker playing dominance in the world as a whole.

rofl rofl rofl <doh> <doh> <doh> yeah right..... Higgins just won the Shanghai Masters against TRUMP coming back from 7-2 down, and he is going south according to you... :chuckle: <doh> <doh> Trump hasnt managed to beat him, so he'll definately has to prove his worth against him.... Ronnie is the current World Champion.... I'll give you a point on Williams and Stevens.... but even Williams can have a purple patch again and win 1 or 2 more tourneys... he's far too good a player not too.... And Ebdon isnt finished... the man has won the China Open last season,and this season alone has also reached Aussie Open final and this tourneys semi..... a feat that Hendry only dreamed when he was his age... not so long ago in fact...You need to REEALLY THINK hard again before you make those kind of pointless comments......

You disappoint me there The Cueist... though you were smarter than that :john:

Postby The Cueist

:D Andre147 ;-) I am talking in the next couple of seasons,The deterioration levels in ROS,HIGGINS and co. Will come about.

Fair point mate <ok> ,I had forgot Higgins had won from a big deficit recently.
I even watched the match on Eurosport :gag:
I am always out grafting at the moment,So busy i am.I have actually forgotten these facts.

Im not knocking these players,I adore watching ROS in full flow,Love the geezer.
Matthew Stevens,Top fella,Wish he would go and win the worlds.
Higgins,A great player,One of the most consistent.
Williams,Loved him to begin with,Then he developed very aggressive mannerisms and got miserable,Still a great player when he puts his mind to it.

Just passage of time and all that.

It is inevitable me old mate.

Postby Andre147

The Cueist wrote::D Andre147 ;-) I am talking in the next couple of seasons,The deterioration levels in ROS,HIGGINS and co. Will come about.

Fair point mate <ok> ,I had forgot Higgins had won from a big deficit recently.
I even watched the match on Eurosport :gag:
I am always out grafting at the moment,So busy i am.I have actually forgotten these facts.

Im not knocking these players,I adore watching ROS in full flow,Love the geezer.
Matthew Stevens,Top fella,Wish he would go and win the worlds.
Higgins,A great player,One of the most consistent.
Williams,Loved him to begin with,Then he developed very aggressive mannerisms and got miserable,Still a great player when he puts his mind to it.

Just passage of time and all that.

It is inevitable me old mate.

Ok fair enough mate... Yeah I know that the age factor in Higgins, Ronnie, Williams, Ebdon, Stevens and so on is inevitable as you say... still, mostly the first three I mentioned, have still a lot to give to the game.... maybe 3 or 4 years before they really start to decline.... Ronnie is in that position already in the rankings, but they mean donkey doo as he is the World Champion, but really cant afford to miss to many tourneys.... But yeah sometimes you first need to look at some important facts before making any judgements...

Higgins, above all, still has that fear factor when Trump plays him, that's why he has lost in the Worlds Final and this season's Shanghai Masters one after being 7-2 up... But I'm not criticising Judd... it takes some time to cope with Higgins's excelent match play snooker... I'm sure he will over their next meetings... because losses can teach you how to correct mistakes you made earlier

Postby SnookerFan

For some reason, I can log onto this website whilst I'm at work, but can't at home. I deleted my cookies on the computer in my flat about five times, and nothing.

So apologies to those who missed my expert opinion of the semis and final. <laugh> (I assume a monumentus outpouring of grief.) But what a final it was, I thought Neil Robertson had won antoher final at 8-6, but credit to Judd he really pulled it out of the bag. :spot on:

Also, another thing I've been waiting to say all weekend. What the hell happened in the second session of Robbo vs Murphy. First session was fast and attacking, the second went quite scrappy and they kept bucking up.

Postby SnookerFan

Also, I see Ebdon hung around to watch the final. Even if you don't like his style of play, it's good to see a player who has been playing that long love the game so much he hangs round to watch the final, despite being knocked out. I was expecting him to hand out carrot juice at the MSI. :-D

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:For some reason, I can log onto this website whilst I'm at work, but can't at home. I deleted my cookies on the computer in my flat about five times, and nothing.

So apologies to those who missed my expert opinion of the semis and final. <laugh> (I assume a monumentus outpouring of grief.) But what a final it was, I thought Neil Robertson had won antoher final at 8-6, but credit to Judd he really pulled it out of the bag. :spot on:

Also, another thing I've been waiting to say all weekend. What the hell happened in the second session of Robbo vs Murphy. First session was fast and attacking, the second went quite scrappy and they kept bucking up.

good job sonny

a snookerfan free weekend was great

next time lets have some more missing rofl rofl

ill mention no names but you know who you are rofl

Postby SnookerFan

I had a pie and mash whilst I was watching the final yesterday. How will people know these things if I can't post? <laugh>

I have the week of for the UK and The Masters, you might not know what I'm eating at all those weeks. :sad:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:I had a pie and mash whilst I was watching the final yesterday. How will people know these things if I can't post? <laugh>

I have the week of for the UK and The Masters, you might not know what I'm eating at all those weeks. :sad:

i have twitter lol

Postby SnookerFan

I've thought of something else I wanted to post.

What about Judd beating Ebdon 9-1? I don't think Ebdon played his best, but that's an impressive scoreline no matter how you look at it. Ebdon might be in his 40s, but it goes without saying that he's no mug. Beating a player who has won the China Open in April 9-1 is a massive achievement.

I wondered if Judd would get down after playing so well and losing to Higgins in Shanghai. I don't know why the thought even crossed my mind.

Postby SnookerFan

Jewell wrote:
Yeah, it was very impressive. Ebdon is no Hendry, the guy can still play very well into his 40s so it was very impressive from Judd.

rofl

That's the first time I've heard that comparison been used as a diss to Hendry.