Topic locked

Re: WS International Championship Semi Finals Discussion !!!

Postby GJ

GJ wrote:http://www.prosnookerblog.com/rankings/latest-projected-seedings/

wild i have to disagree on you saying robbo cant get 1 spot for ages

he has far less defending points for rest of the season compared to those ahead of him

a strong season and he can do it

bumped for wild

a recalculation old boy

<ok>

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:Swift end to the match. 9-1.

:hatoff: Judd. Now WN1. Has to work hard to stay there, has a fair few points coming off after this.

when robbo wins this title he will be closing in and robbo has little to defend between now and the end of the season

:bowdown:

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:

:hatoff: Judd. Now WN1. Has to work hard to stay there, has a fair few points coming off after this.

when robbo wins this title he will be closing in and robbo has little to defend between now and the end of the season

Still has to win the matches.

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:
GJ wrote:

Still has to win the matches.

he will <ok> <ok> <ok>

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
GJ wrote:http://www.prosnookerblog.com/rankings/latest-projected-seedings/

wild i have to disagree on you saying robbo cant get 1 spot for ages

he has far less defending points for rest of the season compared to those ahead of him

a strong season and he can do it

bumped for wild

a recalculation old boy

<ok>

yup judging by that Robbo is in pole position to finish the season as World no 1 but he could start by winning this.

Postby Wildey

When Judd won his Last Ranking Tournament in December 2011 he Reached no 5 in the World Rankings Between then and Now hes Reached 2 Finals (1 this tournament) and Both this season and 3 Quarter Finals in Main Ranking events that's a very similar Record to Mark Selby when he reached no 1 so if Selby had Stick shouldn't Trump ??

Postby Skullman

Wild WC wrote:When Judd won his Last Ranking Tournament in December 2011 he Reached no 5 in the World Rankings Between then and Now hes Reached 2 Finals (1 this tournament) and Both this season and 3 Quarter Finals in Main Ranking events that's a very similar Record to Mark Selby when he reached no 1 so if Selby had Stick shouldn't Trump ??

Judd plays quickly and does lots of exhibition shots. That makes him a more worthy WN1 :gag:

Postby Simone

Wild WC wrote:
Sonny wrote:Judd was always going to hit the big time ever since he was 10, same for Luca. It took him a long time to get past the brick wall of qualifiers but now he's out the other side and about to become WN1.

I remember when he beat Ronnie in the Grand Prix quarters but it was a poor match from Ronnie's standards to be fair, but all the same Judd won and he also reached the Crucible when he was 17.

But Judd did not play well in that Tournament Ronnie and Perry played Just as bad as they Could and Dott didnt turn up.

his best Match without a Doubt was the Semi Final in whitch He Lost.

so there was Absalutly Sod all to go on for some people to jump on a Bandwagon of donkey doo.

Judds career is in 2 Stages

Pre 2011 China Open and Post 2o11 China Open.

Judd has an Alfa Romeo 8C 4,7L - cue action. It really is an absolute joy to watch that.

I think that Stephen Lee could be a great role model for Judd. Because Stephen has always been one of those real classic gentleman type of a player, and he almost never lost cue ball control while he is in a break building. Like Ronnie had great benifits when he was working with Ray Reardon some years ago :-)

Postby Wildey

Simone wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Sonny wrote:Judd was always going to hit the big time ever since he was 10, same for Luca. It took him a long time to get past the brick wall of qualifiers but now he's out the other side and about to become WN1.

I remember when he beat Ronnie in the Grand Prix quarters but it was a poor match from Ronnie's standards to be fair, but all the same Judd won and he also reached the Crucible when he was 17.

But Judd did not play well in that Tournament Ronnie and Perry played Just as bad as they Could and Dott didnt turn up.

so there was Absalutly Sod all to go on for some people to jump on a Bandwagon of donkey doo.

Judd has an Alfa Romeo 8C 4,7L - cue action. It really is an absolute joy to watch that.

I think that Stephen Lee could be a great role model for Judd. Because Stephen has always been one of those real classic gentleman type of a player, and he almost never lost cue ball control while he is in a break building. Like Ronnie had great benifits when he was working with Ray Reardon some years ago :-)

yes Great Role Model

will Judd get suspended soon rofl rofl

Postby Simone

Wild WC wrote:
Simone wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

yes Great Role Model

will Judd get suspended soon rofl rofl

At least he looks like a gentleman rofl rofl

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Sod all to jump on before China 2011?
Get real, your talking utter bullocks now.
Sour grapes cos he lived up to mine and Bournes hype :D

no need to say it twice one crap post is as much as anyone can take from you <ok>

Postby Wildey

Ages When They Reached no 1

Stephen Hendry 21
John Higgins 22
Judd Trump 23
Steve Davis 25
Mark Williams 25
Ronnie O'Sullivan 26
Neil Robertson 28
Mark Selby 28
Cliff Thorburn 33
Ray Reardon 43 (or 38 When he won the World Title in 1970)

Postby Witz78

Technically i still class the end of season number 1s as being authentic number 1s. The new mid season ones like Judd arent quite at the same level of prestige yet for me, though over time as the rolling rankings become properly established that will change.
If we go back in history and calculate rolling rankings in historical seasons, then i know for starters Alex and Jimmy would have been number 1s too. Who else would have been? Parrot?

Postby Skullman

So Selby's reign had more prestige than Judd's? :john:

It is an interesting idea though, who could've been N1 if rolling rankings were around since the 70s, but ultimately unimportant I feel. When the money rankings come in, no one's going to use the current system to identify a player as N1 and say they're on par with the actual N1 of the time.

Postby Roland

I remember asking this before and I think it was only Jimmy of those who were never WN1 who when back extrapolating would've been WN1 under the rolling rankings system of today, and that was in 1992 before he would've lost it to Hendry a few months later in the World final.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:So Selby's reign had more prestige than Judd's? :john:

It is an interesting idea though, who could've been N1 if rolling rankings were around since the 70s, but ultimately unimportant I feel. When the money rankings come in, no one's going to use the current system to identify a player as N1 and say they're on par with the actual N1 of the time.

Around January 1991 Jimmy White could have made it and mid 2000s Stephen Lee could have got there.

but obviously the old provisional ranking lists is not the same as a Rolling list but i think those two are the only 2 candidate.

plus Alex Higgins had points deducted for something or other or he would have been no 1 in 82.

Postby GJ

It will be tough either way in the final. I've got a better record against Shaun and it might be a more free-flowing game against him. The way I feel, I fancy beating both of them

<doh>

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:It will be tough either way in the final. I've got a better record against Shaun and it might be a more free-flowing game against him. The way I feel, I fancy beating both of them

<doh>

nothing wrong in that mate

going in to a final thinking im playing players i cant beat is pointless and negative.

you got to believe your the best at all times im sure Neil will fancy beating him too.