Topic locked

Re: WS International Championship Semi Finals Discussion !!!

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:It will be tough either way in the final. I've got a better record against Shaun and it might be a more free-flowing game against him. The way I feel, I fancy beating both of them

<doh>

GJ is actually Judd :?

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:So Selby's reign had more prestige than Judd's? :john:

It is an interesting idea though, who could've been N1 if rolling rankings were around since the 70s, but ultimately unimportant I feel. When the money rankings come in, no one's going to use the current system to identify a player as N1 and say they're on par with the actual N1 of the time.

i think money rankings wont be a true reflection so your right.

if they are going down the money order of merit cobblers why not go all the way like the PTC to some extent where World champs or defending champs dont get to be 1 or 2 seed.

First tournaments of the season seeding players based on after the WC then go order of merit if you dont enter wuxi classic you could end up playing first qualifying round ....i know people think a flat 128 system will be introduced soon i cant see it in all events might be in some though. so lets see Ronnie or Higgins miss wuxi and Australia and having to get through 5 qualifiers to get to last 32 of shanghai.

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:
GJ wrote:It will be tough either way in the final. I've got a better record against Shaun and it might be a more free-flowing game against him. The way I feel, I fancy beating both of them

<doh>

GJ is actually Judd :?

yes i am :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

End of Season World no 1 and World Champion

Ray Reardon 1976
Ray Reardon 1978
Steve Davis 1983
Steve Davis 1984
Steve Davis 1987
Steve Davis 1988
Steve Davis 1989
Stephen Hendry 1990
Stephen Hendry 1992
Stephen Hendry 1993
Stephen Hendry 1994
Stephen Hendry 1995
Stephen Hendry 1996
John Higgins 1998
Mark Williams 2000
Mark Williams 2003
Ronnie O'Sullivan 2004
John Higgins 2007
Ronnie O'Sullivan 2008

Rankings after Winning the World Title

1976 Ray Reardon 1
1977 John Spencor 2
1978 Ray Reardon 1
1979 Terry Griffiths 8
1980 Cliff Thorburn 2
1981 Steve Davis 2
1982 Alex Higgins 2
1983 Steve Davis 1
1984 Steve Davis 1
1985 Dennis Taylor 4
1986 Joe Johnson 8
1987 Steve Davis 1
1988 Steve Davis 1
1989 Steve Davis 1
1990 Stephen Hendry 1
1991 John Parrott 4
1992 Stephen Hendry 1
1993 Stephen Hendry 1
1994 Stephen Hendry 1
1995 Stephen Hendry 1
1996 Stephen Hendry 1
1997 Ken Doherty 3
1998 John Higgins 1
1999 Stephen Hendry 2
2000 Mark Williams 1
2001 Ronnie O'Sullivan 2
2002 Peter Ebdon 3
2003 Mark Williams 1
2004 Ronnie O'Sullivan 1
2005 Shaun Murphy 21
2006 Graeme Dott 6
2007 John Higgins 1
2008 Ronnie O'Sullivan 1
2009 John Higgins 4
2010 Neil Robertson 5
2011 John Higgins 5
2012 Ronnie O'Sullivan 9

Semi final finished so early i was bored lol

Postby Smart

GJ wrote:http://www.prosnookerblog.com/rankings/latest-projected-seedings/

wild i have to disagree on you saying robbo cant get 1 spot for ages

he has far less defending points for rest of the season compared to those ahead of him

a strong season and he can do it

tp, who cares about rankings, tp :wave:

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:whats Trump been saying now about Ebdon.

The Force will be fired up and im totally confident hes going to get under Judds skin and expose Judd for the unfinished article he is.

Im a big fan of Judd and always have been since day 1 but ive been a lifelong Ebdon fan so my loyalties have to lie with him tomorrow.

But i think Judds game is a bit one dimensional, similar to the early version of Ronnie actually, but im not convinced Judds game will develop like Ronnies did with an all round tactical game too.

9-1 says he was too strong for the stupidly named force, what force is that then pmsl

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:Sorry about the logging in issues everyone, our fault this time. There's a tweaked board style coming out soon (looks smoother than this) along with a mobile style which makes the forum much easier to navigate on mobile devices and during testing something screwed meaning everyone has to remove cookies in order to login. Don't ask me how.

Ignore the email I sent you Soony, I am in now :D

Postby Smart

Jewell wrote:
Witz78 wrote:WILD,
1- Remove your shoes
2- Remove your socks
3- Carefully place a toothpick long ways in, under your big toenail so its sticking out
4- Kick a wall

That is a horrible image. :td: :no:

why does he need both shoes and socks off, as its physically impossible to kick the wall with both feet at the same time :wave:

Postby Smart

GJ wrote:
Skullman wrote:Swift end to the match. 9-1.

:hatoff: Judd. Now WN1. Has to work hard to stay there, has a fair few points coming off after this.

when robbo wins this title he will be closing in and robbo has little to defend between now and the end of the season

:bowdown:

tp Robbo :wave:

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:Judd's not a World Champion, but somehow I don't think he'll get the stick Selby got. Wonder why? :gag:

well trump is reigning UK champion, that's the main difference

Absolutely. Selby has a reputation of playing in all and sundry without picking much up in the way of big titles.

but Rankings dont lie.

thats why trump is now no 1

so what selby plays in everything i thought that what his job was

Postby Smart

Jewell wrote:
Smart wrote:
Sonny wrote:Sorry about the logging in issues everyone, our fault this time. There's a tweaked board style coming out soon (looks smoother than this) along with a mobile style which makes the forum much easier to navigate on mobile devices and during testing something cute little kittened meaning everyone has to remove cookies in order to login. Don't ask me how.

Yeah, ignore mine too.I accused sickpotter of getting me banned. rofl

I accused you of serial complaining about me and getting me banned :wave:

Postby Smart

Wild WC wrote:
Jewell wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:Judd's not a World Champion, but somehow I don't think he'll get the stick Selby got. Wonder why? :gag:

Absolutely. Selby has a reputation of playing in all and sundry without picking much up in the way of big titles.

but Rankings dont lie.

I just read a load of comments about rankings and really it means nothing to me personally. Great for those that get off on rankings but I honestly dont pay any attention to them. Higgins if motivated will beat most of the top 16 - same for ROS. Q: where are those 2 ranked ??? Thats why its a non-sense. <ok>

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Jewell wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

but Rankings dont lie.

I just read a load of comments about rankings and really it means nothing to me personally. Great for those that get off on rankings but I honestly dont pay any attention to them. Higgins if motivated will beat most of the top 16 - same for ROS. Q: where are those 2 ranked ??? Thats why its a non-sense. <ok>

John higgins is inconsistant and can we even call Ronnie a Snooker player ?

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:
Wild WC wrote:John higgins is inconsistant and can we even call Ronnie a Snooker player ?

they can both still play to a very high standard <ok>

how do you know

have you got a camera in Ronnie junior's bedroom ??

plus Jimmy white can beat him in legends and lose to anyone in tournaments.

Postby Wildey

Reading around forums and blogs it seems to me Ronnie not playing is undermining the season.

so if thats the case how can we have a system where players can pick and choose if every time someone does well.

"well done BUT Ronnie not playing"

Postby hendry_fan

Peter Ebdon 1-9 *Judd Trump*

OMG!!!!,9 bl**dy frames to 1 for Trump!!.

Looks like Ebdon had problems with his cookies today as well,he should stick to the chocolate chip ones.. <laugh>

I actualy watched a wee bit of the match,3,4 frames,the only frame Ebdon won was the one where Trump potted the black which split the reds which somehow unluckily saw the pink drop,Ebdon came back to the table and he then knocked in a 106. <laugh>

:clap: Well done Trump though,and very well done on becoming the brand new nr.1 !. :clap:

Postby Smart

Wild WC wrote:
Smart wrote:
Wild WC wrote:John higgins is inconsistant and can we even call Ronnie a Snooker player ?

how do you know

only a fool would use an exhibition match as a gauge to form or whether a player still got it :wave:

Postby Smart

Jewell wrote:
Smart wrote:
Jewell wrote:
Smart wrote:
Sonny wrote:Sorry about the logging in issues everyone, our fault this time. There's a tweaked board style coming out soon (looks smoother than this) along with a mobile style which makes the forum much easier to navigate on mobile devices and during testing something cute little kittened meaning everyone has to remove cookies in order to login. Don't ask me how.

Yeah, ignore mine too.I accused sickpotter of getting me banned. rofl

I accused you of serial complaining about me and getting me banned :wave:

Don't flatter yourself. I wouldn't dream of wasting my time complaining about you. You're not worth the bother! :wave:

I was actually joking, perhaps you would like Soony to verify that you were not mentioned in email. :wave:

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Smart wrote:

how do you know

only a fool would use an exhibition match as a gauge to form or whether a player still got it :wave:

only a fool would say ronnie still play to a high standard without him playing <ok>

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Smart wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Smart wrote:

how do you know

only a fool would say ronnie still play to a high standard without him playing <ok>

Why not? We can only by the way Ronnie has performed in his last major tournament. Until we see otherwise, we just have to assume that it will be business as usual for Ronnie when he returns.

ronnies normal business is not playing.