Topic locked

Re: WS International Championship Quarter Finals Discussion

Postby Wildey

For me this Tournament highlights why i Love Snooker you never get 2 Match the same we went from a 6 hour 9 frame marathon to a 15o minute 11 frame pot fest.

and both games was interesting and exciting in different ways.

you don't get that much contrast in any other sport.

and the success of snooker was built on contrast of speed,style of play,different personalities.

so trying to contrive a sport with speed gimmicks like shot clocks is pointless.

Postby Skullman

True. I personally think too many potfests are boring. You need your safety dominated gridfests to really appreciate the stuff Judd and Allen were producing. If all matches were like that, we'd become desensitised and jaded.

Plus this tourney is best of eleven. There's something about those extra two frames that make the matches so much better.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:True. I personally think too many potfests are boring. You need your safety dominated gridfests to really appreciate the stuff Judd and Allen were producing. If all matches were like that, we'd become desensitised and jaded.

Plus this tourney is best of eleven. There's something about those extra two frames that make the matches so much better.

exactly

if you had about 10 Ronnies he would be nothing special.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Anyway, I have to pop out for a bit and will miss the first half of the remaining two quarters.

Anyone mind posting about the matches while I'm gone so I can catch up when I get back?

ill do my best but they over lunch so things can get tricky

Postby Witz78

WHAT A TOTAL FUCKEN FLUFFY KITTEN ANNOYED AMERICAN BAR STEWARD HYPOCRIT YOU ARE WILD !!
You claim to love all styles of snooker, yet you clearly have a chip on your shoulder with Ebdons style of play (unless hes playing Ronnie) and despise him for it. Your obviously jealous of his continued success into his 40s.
You normally claim to love clash of styles and longer formats for the swings of momentum, yet youve dismissed Ebdons chances and reckon Trump will swat him away. Not a chance mate, jog on. :D

Postby Wildey

not his style of play just dont like the man but his match with Judd is what snookers all about Different Players going Head to Head

Generation Gap

Styles

Speed of Play

Persanalities

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:
GJ wrote:good luck tobbo

just realised his 100 % record remains in finals against non fixers

:bowdown: :gag: <ok>

tp :wave:

2010 WORLDS :hatoff: :bowdown: :gag:

Postby GJ

Jewell wrote:
Smart wrote:
Jewell wrote:
Wild WC wrote:these 2 players makes Ronnie O'Sullivan disposable.

Brilliant stuff decider.

Stop talking out of your bumhole.

These two are not fit to lace Ronnie's shoes and you know it.

ALERT: Ronnie fan boy entered the room. :wave:

Should've known you would leap to Wild's defence. You are his biggest fan it seems.

Smart and Wild :love:

:wave: :gag:

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:
Wild WC wrote:these 2 players makes Ronnie O'Sullivan disposable.

Brilliant stuff decider.

Stop talking out of your bumhole.

These two are not fit to lace Ronnie's shoes and you know it.

your right they both turn up nobody can compete with Ronnie in the not play snooker player rankings.

Postby Roland

Life moves on, if Ronnie does retire and I hope he doesn't, but if he does then the game is in fine hands with the likes of Allen and Trump.

Anyway, I Sky+d Eurosport from 6:30am, I took the chance that ES2 would be Trump v Allen so recorded that one. Of course they went and switched channels at 2-2 so I missed the rest. Typical.

So now it's Robbo v the child with the dodgy fringe. It really would be something if this kid could push Robbo.

Sidenote - too much name calling and childish stuff is going on in these threads. I'm all for banter but it's getting tiresome. You know who you are, please cut it out and focus on the snooker. There's a Junkyard for that sort of name calling rubbish.

Postby Witz78

Jewell wrote:
Wild WC wrote:not his style of play just dont like the man but his match with Judd is what snookers all about Different Players going Head to Head

Generation Gap

Styles

Speed of Play

Persanalities

Funny you mention personality there, yet your idol Sourface didn't have one.

COME ON JEWELL !!!!!!!

FOOT ON THROAT (Preferably Smart or Wilds ) :D

Postby Witz78

AGREE

Before he started his few years of dominating a weak era, snooker was full of mens men, larger than life characters who smoked, drank, gambled and partied hard who the public could relate to.

Then following Hendrys lead, a succession of cloned Highland Spring wearing emotionless robots barely out of nappies emerged.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Jewell wrote:
Wild WC wrote:not his style of play just dont like the man but his match with Judd is what snookers all about Different Players going Head to Head

Generation Gap

Styles

Speed of Play

Persanalities

Funny you mention personality there, yet your idol Sourface didn't have one.

COME ON JEWELL !!!!!!!

FOOT ON THROAT (Preferably Smart or Wilds ) :D

are you two this thick

i said different Personalities if everyone was laugh a minute how rubbish would that be.

total thickos

Postby vodkadiet

Skullman wrote:Robbo blobbos

Bloody Chinese audiences :grrr:

Is racism permitted on this forum? The reason I ask is because yesterday I received a private message warning me against criticising another poster's spelling.

Small wonder we are such an evolved species....

You are free to say what we tell you to say.....

:|