Topic locked

Re: International Championship Wild Card and Last 32 Discuss

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:This may be an overreaction but a question.

Is Cao Yupeng China's no2 player?

Obviously he's not as highly ranked as Liang, Xiao et al but from the last Worlds he's qualified for three out of five rankers and beat the opposing seed in all of them and relatively comfortably each time.

at this moment in time without a doubt.

Guodong has only qualified for 1 ranking venue and the PTC Grand Finals.

all other venue appearances has been as a Wild Card

this is cao 3rd venue in 7 months

Postby hendry_fan

Wild WC wrote:Mark Selby 6-3 Allister Carter
John Higgins 3-6 Cao Yupeng
Stephen Lee scr Peter Ebdon w/o
Barry Pinches 2-5 Lu Ning

Well done Selby!!. <ok>

:dizzy: :dizzy: Flippin eck!,whats up with John Haggis,loses already in the 1st round!, :dizzy: :dizzy:

Postby Skullman

Dom wins 6-3. Dott didn't look his best the brief moments I looked at the stream but Dom deserved to win from what I saw. Randam must be chuffed if he's not too busy enjoying uni.

Interesting match between him and Lu Haotian in the last 16.

Postby randam05

Skullman wrote:Dom wins 6-3. Dott didn't look his best the brief moments I looked at the stream but Dom deserved to win from what I saw. Randam must be chuffed if he's not too busy enjoying uni.

Nah im still popping on every so often to check how things are going. Hope everyone is well! I have a project week this week so no lectures today and decided id take the time to enjoy some snooker in this great event im fond of the format (if they put the UK back to best of 19's then both these tournaments would have their own character and be majors in different senses)

Anyway what a great performance from Dale! Great century and a wonderful frame to get over the line. I honestly turned over at 5-3 up thinking dott would win 6-5 but dale played a great shot to middle and held his nerve to win that frame and get a great win!

Hopefully can win the next match and progress to quarters which would give him some good confidence and ranking points to boost the rest of his season. :-)

Postby randam05

Also cant wait to see stevens face when he loses this match to a baby from 4-1 up!

These young chinese players including dales next opponent seem to be so good, you can tell the future is strong for chinese players with kids beating main tour players.

Postby Skullman

randam05 wrote:
Skullman wrote:Dom wins 6-3. Dott didn't look his best the brief moments I looked at the stream but Dom deserved to win from what I saw. Randam must be chuffed if he's not too busy enjoying uni.

Nah im still popping on every so often to check how things are going. Hope everyone is well! I have a project week this week so no lectures today and decided id take the time to enjoy some snooker in this great event im fond of the format (if they put the UK back to best of 19's then both these tournaments would have their own character and be majors in different senses)

Anyway what a great performance from Dale! Great century and a wonderful frame to get over the line. I honestly turned over at 5-3 up thinking dott would win 6-5 but dale played a great shot to middle and held his nerve to win that frame and get a great win!

Hopefully can win the next match and progress to quarters which would give him some good confidence and ranking points to boost the rest of his season. :-)

Good to know. Won't have a better chance to make the quarters with wildcard Lu Haotian next. :-)